Any updates on the next Enterprise Relaunch/Rom War book?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Zane Gray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Any updates on the next Enterprise Relaunch/Rom War book?

Postby Zane Gray » Sun May 22, 2011 6:40 am

I know the title has been changed to "Star Trek: Enterprise: The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm" and it's due on 10/25. But does anyone have spoiler updates? Has Michael A. Martin given interviews anywhere on it?
Zane Gray

"I'll see you again after this Romulan business is finished. I promise."

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Any updates on the next Enterprise Relaunch/Rom War book

Postby Reanok » Sun May 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Zane I have n't heard any more news about the book except that it's going to be 576 pages long and a temperary cover with Trip,Archer and T'Pol.I wish there was a synopis or sample chapters being posted like Andy mangles used to have on his website.I haven't seen any mention at Trekbbs of him doing any recent interviews for the book. I think in the next startrek magazine they'll have the book schedule coming out for 2011/12 Hopefully we'll finally get some news about this book!

Zane Gray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Zane Gray » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Michael A. Martin certainly doesn't seem to make many efforts to interact with readers or to promote his writing. I've seen no spoilers or interviews about this book anywhere, and it's only a few months away.
Zane Gray

"I'll see you again after this Romulan business is finished. I promise."

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:04 am

I think it's strange there's been no spoilers or news about this book or That Micheal doesn't seem to care about doing interviews or interacting with readers of the Enterprise novels. i want to see some news or a sample chapter to give you an idea what the story is going to be like.And lets hope they dump all the that Gannet brooks storyline nonsense at the expense of the Enterprise characters getting shortchanged in the book.More time to the Enterprise characters would be nice.

tambo2063
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby tambo2063 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:02 am

Zane I have exchanged emails with Michael Martin, about his Enterprise series several times. Might not be him but somebody always replies. :tpol: :trip: :ship:

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:32 am

I e-mailed Micheal Martin and he said it was Simon and Schusters who decide whichStar Trek books are worthy to get news coverage the only that seem to get any news these days are Tos era books the Tng era or the new movie reboot movie Trek books for younger readers. :trip: :tpol: :vulcan: . He also wondered why there really hasn't been any updates about the Enterprise books.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:27 am

Quite frankly, considering that it is just over 3 months out from the planned publication, I start to wonder if the next book is even going to become a reality. Especially if one considers the fact that practically nothing can be found about it, except a suggested cover.

I wonder if the author is sort of running into a big fat dead-end with all the plot holes he digged in BTRW:

a) The Vulcans have practically been character-assasinated with their flat-out abandonment of their allies. Their general secrecy and flat-out deception throughout all of the relaunch universe does not the least live up to, what T'Pau promised at the end of "Kir'Shara"

b) Andoria and Tellar are tucking tale, too :? With allies like that, how did the Federation ever come into being? This lot makes the EU look like an efficient and reliable bunch.

c) most NX's either disappear or are lost before they are really out on the battle field. Are Erika and Archer the only captains in Starfleet that can tell their own arse from a hole in the ground? :doubt:

d) The latest fad in the Trekverse seems to be: "How can we torture Vulcan this time?". While Martin was "content" with just killing Suraks katra, practically beheading Vulcan, the thugs, who wrote this godawfull Reboot junk opted for a complete blow-up of the whole damn planet. Thanks god there's no uppance for that, or the next book would have taken that pissing match to epic proportions.

All in all (except d) my peeves with it, make it hard to imagine, how the author is going to go from there.

I also noticed something about the "cover" that's floating about. It doesn't really fit in with earlier covers. The one for BTRW had T'Pol in Starfleet blue and looking a few days older than in the show. The new "cover" shows her back in one of those whorish catsuits and Trip back in Starfleet blue - isn't he supposed to be butchered to look like a Vulcan? Unless they are going to whack LFM with a reset-button the size of Belgium, it has already been established that Trip never pulls an official Lazarus. I think the one "cover" floating about is a creation from fandom.

I have serious doubts that the book is going to come in october (if at all) and even if it does, I'm not so hopeful about its potential story-line.

putaro
Captain
Captain

Postby putaro » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 am

Well, I read a bunch of Enterprise fan fiction before I started reading the books and, frankly, I thought a lot of the fan fiction was as good or better than the books.

The only thing I liked about the books was that they brought Trip back "officially" but the way they did it. Oy vey! Trip didn't even know what he was going to look like before he got out of surgery to become a Romulan. He got no training on being a Romulan. It's beyond suspension of disbelief that he could get away with it for more than 10 minutes.

I have kind of a pet peeve with the Romulan War (not the book, the concept) in general. I don't see any way that you can have a massive war going on without anyone ever getting a look at the Romulans. The way it was tossed off in TOS, it sort of made sense. Sub-light ships, fighting at long ranges, throwing nuclear weapons at each other and probably not surviving hits. No transporters to grab people with. But with the way things are portrayed in Enterprise it would be almost impossible for there to be no Romulan prisoners or bodies ever recovered.

However, given the way publishing schedules are, I'd suspect that the latest book is done and at the publishers already. They've just decided not to put any marketing money behind it. It's the book equivalent of moving to Friday night.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 am

Kotik wrote:The new "cover" shows her back in one of those whorish catsuits....

I thought you loved those catsuits! :wtf:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:11 pm

WarpGirl wrote:
Kotik wrote:The new "cover" shows her back in one of those whorish catsuits....

I thought you loved those catsuits! :wtf:

:vulcan: pardon? :vulcan:
They were put on the show for shameless titillation, don't think a Vulcan would parade her outer shell around in a tight fitting suit that leaves little to the imagination, especially on a ship full of emotional humans. :tsktsk:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Neither do I? But then again neither would a Borg/Human. The point is I could have sworn you liked them. I mean you are an emotional human. :hatsoff:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Neither do I? But then again neither would a Borg/Human. The point is I could have sworn you liked them. I mean you are an emotional human. :hatsoff:

I'm an emotional human and a man on top of that, but I still think that the catsuits were a bad idea as was the whole naked neuopressure thing or the bonk in Harbinger. All only added to lure in hormon-driven 15 year olds. Pathetic.

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm never going to turn down a chance to see Jolene in a catsuit, so in many respects the people who gave us the splendidly statuesque borg and the similarly statuesque vulcan have got it right. But even so, it makes no sense from the character's point of view. It's not as if Jolene or Jeri needed that to make them attractive. In fact I thought T'Pol's most appealing look came from the scenes where she wore a standard Starfleet jumpsuit.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Personaly I hated the Catsuits both on Jeri ryan and On Jolene. Those women could act. They didn't need to look like females whose only draw as a skin tight Cat suit.

I understand it took Ryan 20 minutes to get out of that Catsuit and that was in a hurry. If she ever had to go pee she SOL.

Jolene looked damned good in a regulation Starfleet Uniform. Even though those Greae Monkey coveralls were pretty stupid.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm simpler. I am a poor male of yesteryear, full of desire to fill up my eyes and mind. :twisted:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”