I Just Rewatched ____ and Noticed ____

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: I Just Rewatched ____ and Noticed ____

Postby Elessar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Alelou wrote:I'm not trying to be a Nazi, CoffeeCat. Maybe it's just that I once met the guy, and he seemed fairly nice and quiet and also handled it pretty well when I accidentally spilled coffee on him.

Please tell me that it was on his crotch and irreparably prohibits him from having children and spreading his evil writing to the next generation? :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Alelou wrote:I'm not trying to be a Nazi, CoffeeCat. Maybe it's just that I once met the guy, and he seemed fairly nice and quiet and also handled it pretty well when I accidentally spilled coffee on him.

Ah Ah! Italian coffe or "longer"? :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:51 pm

It couldn't have been too bad since he didn't scream or anything and went on to work on Star Trek for many more years. This was back when he looked like he was about 22 or something.

It must have been decaf because I was preggers at the time. I'm afraid I don't remember much more than Oh Good God, I just spilled coffee on Brannon Braga. What a wonderful way to make a good impression...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:21 pm

:D :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:58 am

well, my intent was never to invalidate anyone's personal experience they've had with the man.
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 am

The guy I talked to said Braga was a pretty nice guy, but that he was still clueless. For example, he still doesn't understand why *the_abomination* was such a huge failure.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:43 am

Maybe it's because Braga was also there for TNG. To him it really was about saying goodbye to the whole franchise. From what I've seen he does realize after the fact that the Enterprise fans (and actors) interpreted it as a slap in the face. But I think we've already run through this argument before and I'm going to hang up on it now.
Image.Image

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Alelou wrote:Maybe it's because Braga was also there for TNG. To him it really was about saying goodbye to the whole franchise. From what I've seen he does realize after the fact that the Enterprise fans (and actors) interpreted it as a slap in the face. But I think we've already run through this argument before and I'm going to hang up on it now.

The nicest way to put it might be to say that he just never had a place in his heart for Enterprise, and maybe that he just thought everyone watched it because of TNG? lol. Just out of residual loyalty to him? LOL. :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:54 pm

:lol:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: .... NOT

Oops, I was gonna hang this up. Sorry. I'm hung up now.

Oh, who are we kidding. I can't hang up. Can't you just put yourself in these guys' shoes? Imagine you've been part of Star Trek for years. It's a very cohesive, very functional little production group that's been doing fine, complicated work in a town that doesn't recognize science fiction for shit, and they're much nicer and more accessible than probably any other TV people in the business. And you've been there when it's riding high in the ratings. You're dealing with Paramount Pictures, now owned by Viacom/CBS and Sumner Redstone, and they've decided in their infinite wisdom that by golly let's launch a new BROADCAST network and we'll use Star Trek to get it going. Now watch your show struggle, maybe partly because of creative decisions, but mostly because of corporate shit beyond your control like not being on in a lot of major markets and when you are on being in crappy, unpredictable time slots. Meanwhile you're getting grief from fans on one side AND corporate hacks who think T'Pol's tits aren't big enough on the other. And ultimately the corporate people decide to pull the plug on you and all these people who've worked together for years.

At this point you might indeed be a little burned out. You might make some bad creative decisions. But I bet you never stop thinking it's your baby.
Image.Image

Whitbreads Motie
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Whitbreads Motie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:39 pm

For whatever reason, I have only seen Breaking the Ice maybe twice since it first aired on UPN back in the day. Well I just watched again on Spike a few weeks ago and noticed something that probably most of you saw the first time; that is, the shot of the piece of pecan pie at the very end of the episode. No, I don't think I ever saw it before, or maybe I did but just forgot.

I thought (duh!), so this is where all the T/T and pecan pie references came from. That shot pretty much made "Ice" truly the first "T/T episode". All kinds of bells went off for me like, 'oh, this is why the A/TP'ers dislike the episode'. I mean, the episode is shot through with uncomfortably close (for some) T/T interaction, but that shot of the pie at the end...well that symbolizes that he had a profound effect on her.

When I first saw Jolene in the T'Pol hair, costume, and make-up, I assumed they'd either pair her with the occasional alien, or if they put her with someone on the ship, the captain. When I saw "Ice", for the first time I thought hmm, it might be interesting if they actually put these two (T/T) together. The two characters seemed to be polar opposites, always a good jumping offf point for a good T.V. or movie romance.

Yeah I know I'm on the 'late freight', believe me its nothing new. :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:44 pm

With few words you have said everything!
Glad, really, to see you here! :D

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Pecan Pie. Symbol for making one's own choices. Symbol that something can be more than it seems. Trip's favorite, soon to be T'Pol's (watch it T'Pol that sugar's gonna give you cavities! Good things usually have consequences.) (Breaking the Ice)

from Trip/T'Polers
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:27 am

i dont have a big hate toward braga over all.
he did pen some of the best enterprise episodes.
i do fault him for probably over extending himself for running the story room and not listening more to others.
and yeah he should never had done the finale.
by that time he was heavily involved with threshold and in a fashion had already passed beyond the enterprise characters.
the whole thing was a hodge podge of an outline he had started the season before and a hatchet job on moore's pegasus.

but some things that manny got total credit for were in bragas head.
he had the thing worked out that eventually became the vulcan arc in the fourth season of giving a reason why the vulcans were the way they were but the network started complaining about too many vulcan stories and he had to drop some story ideas they had planned for early second season.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:25 am

I'm not sure what thread to put this in, but:
Hess - have we ever actually seen her?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”