SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Heard of a Star Trek convention? Going to one? Share your experience here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: SeaTrek (June 22-29, 2007)

Postby Jedikatie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:18 pm

Just a few pictures from the trip, and I apologize in advance for how some of the pictures look, I haven't cleaned up any of them before posting, so they may have a grainy appearance:

Connor at the 'photo with the stars session'--Clare Kramer (Glory, from Buffy) is next to him and on the other side is Richard Arnold, who apparently was Gene Roddenberry's assistant, and for some reason he believes that makes him a star that people want to pay to have him sign stuff or have their picture taken with him...

Me with the gold panning tour guide at Last Chance Basin in Juneau, AK

Robert Picardo on the train trip in Skagway, AK

Connor on the train trip (he was sitting right in front of Hoshissis and I on the way up the mountain, and directly behind us on the way back down)

Matt and Connor on the train

Sawyer Glacier in Tracy Arm Fjord, reflected on the water--this was the only time that the sun came out for any extended period of time we were in Alaska

I'll add some more later... Connor's Q&A session is entirely on video, so I have to actually transfer it to the computer and then go through and take snapshots from that before I can post anything from it. And no, I'm not putting up the entire video--it's 45+ minutes long.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:45 pm

Yowsa!!! Very Happy Thanks so much for the pics!!!
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:41 pm

thanks for posting your pictures Jedikatie and Connor looks good in those shots that's neat you got a video of his Q&A session that's 45 minutes long.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:46 pm

Your Connor on the train pictures are absolutely perfect! Just a little scruffy. My definition of perfect. Ooo, I hope he comes to Cherry Hill looking like that, but I fear he'll be all cleaned up. Feel free to talk about Alaska too. I've heard it's beautiful.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Here's another picture, this one is of me with Connor. It was the second formal night and the second night we sat at dinner with him...

That's the 50% version of that picture.

Did I mention that each of us got two kisses from Connor? Very Happy

ETA--well, you might have a problem seeing him with the scruffiness if you're going to New Jersey, because as I understood what he was saying, he starts filming one of his Michael episodes before going to that convention, then does the con over the weekend, then goes back and does more filming the next week before heading to Las Vegas... I don't think we've ever seen a scruffy looking Wraith on Atlantis, unfortunately...
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:18 pm

I'm not asking for much, just a one- or two-day old beard???? Smile

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:51 pm

Such handsome man..

is that *grey* in his beard?
Writing as TrekPyro.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:02 pm

Not far. When I don't shave, I get accused of being lazy... Laughing

And why wouldn't it be gray? I've got white in mine and I'm younger than he is.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:10 pm

^
Yes, it is. He said that he's curious to let it grow out sometime and see just how much gray he actually has in his beard because when he was in college he had like two little streaks of gray down by his chin, if I remember what he said correctly...

Sci Fi is also very interested in his little project (the one he mentioned in that video from Gateworld a few months ago). He also stated that he's not going to be on The Dead Zone in spite of what rumors say. He told us that he is his own worst promoter, that he's very gun-shy about the internet due to some scary incidents with people online (and also mentioned something about people coming to his house), and that the only way to contact him is through Lolita (whoever that is) or at a con.

ETA: LOL, Rigil...

And I agree about the gray--I'm a year and half younger than he is, and am getting some gray hairs myself...

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:31 pm

^^ I'm not too surprised at it - I'm 30 and every now and then I pull out a 2 foot long white strand from my head.
Also, when I was in HS, I knew this 18 year old kid who looked like he was 40 - He had a huge bold spot (like Bob Picardo) and peppered appearance wherever he had hair. It's just that I've never realy pictured Connor with grey hair. Seeing the picture made me do a double take, that's all.
Writing as TrekPyro.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 am

I've already seen a picture at HoT where his beard is very grey. It's only natural. Time waits for no one. Not even famous, beloved stars.

I was wondering, Jedikatie, if you mentioned to him that you had a Trip and T'Pol website? Or would you be afraid that would make him nervous?

I'm not sure about the ettiquite of this, but I cropped your picture of Connor. It's too perfect:

Who was that other guy? Was he someone famous?

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:44 am

^
The other guy is Connor's brother.

No, I didn't mention any websites to him, mostly because I didn't think that was proper--it sounds like you're trying to get him to visit the site and give his unofficial approval of it or something. Jinx, however, did bring up wewantbrunettejolene.com twice (once at dinner and once in response to Connor asking her 'what board are you getting this information from, anyway?' when she asked him about whether or not he was going to be on The Dead Zone--the answer is no, btw). The most I said about any website was that I was a moderator at wwbj, at which he looked at me and said, "You want brunette Jolene?" I shook my head and said, "No, the guys who created the site want that."

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:13 am

Jedikatie wrote:^
The other guy is Connor's brother.

Cool!

Jedikatie wrote:^
No, I didn't mention any websites to him, mostly because I didn't think that was proper--it sounds like you're trying to get him to visit the site and give his unofficial approval of it or something. Jinx, however, did bring up wewantbrunettejolene.com twice (once at dinner and once in response to Connor asking her 'what board are you getting this information from, anyway?' when she asked him about whether or not he was going to be on The Dead Zone--the answer is no, btw). The most I said about any website was that I was a moderator at wwbj, at which he looked at me and said, "You want brunette Jolene?" I shook my head and said, "No, the guys who created the site want that."

Hmm . . . good, sound advice. I wonder if I'll be able to talk to him this time instead of just grin like an idiot. I did manage to talk normally to the other stars so there is hope.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:10 am

Faint

Is he wearing a silk tie? I think I'm awake now. Love Eyes

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Not far. When I don't shave, I get accused of being lazy... Laughing

And why wouldn't it be gray? I've got white in mine and I'm younger than he is.

OH NO! This is freaky:

I don't even know how to interpret this Omen . . .

Return to “Conventions”