"Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

You asked and we answered! (Eventually!) Create short fan fiction drabbles, ficlets and songfics in threads, post comments and discussion!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Re: "Guess Who" Drabble Challenge

Postby panyasan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Distracted wrote:
panyasan wrote:I think it's Masaro. Very good (and a bit creepy) drabble, Dis.
Thanks! Creepy is what I was going for.

You guessed right first, so you're up next! :D

Here's my drabble (exactly 100 words!)

Fascinated, he wondered around the station. Suddenly two iron arms came out of nowhere. With a iron grip they pulled him inside the wall into a room. He saw people lying on beds with wires into their heads. He screamed for help, but the machine was relentless. In a second he was pushed on a biobed and imprisoned by metal bounds. Wires were drilled into his brain. All his energy was sucked out of him. He froze in time and space. The only thing he could think before he floated into nowhere was “I hope they will find me.”
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Is it Travis in "Dead Stop," panyasan?

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 pm

justTripn wrote:Distracted, I would praise you more highly, but I know this is effortless for you. :banghead: :mrgreen:

"Effortless"?! I spent a whole ten minutes on that last one. What do you mean, "effortless"? :twisted:

It IS fun, though. Maybe that's why I can do them so quickly. Because I enjoy it. Don't be jealous. Start writing! If you do anything enough, then practice will make it "effortless" and you'll start to think it's fun. At least that's what I tell my kids when I force them to practice the piano. :roll:

Good one, panyasan. I think you're right, Brandyjane. Your turn.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 am

Okay, I admit it. This one is weird. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by using a "character" we saw in only one episode. :raspberry:

They’d abandoned it on this barren world to die. Didn’t they understand it was sentient? After abducting it from its home, from the family it loved, they’d kept it in a small plexiglass box. It tried to communicate, but the dark-haired one hadn’t understood its language of pheromones and subtle movements. They’d fed it lettuce and tried to make it happy with argon lamps. As its health waned, the jovial one suggested feeding it to his bat. But the cruel dark-haired one refused to let him end its pain, demanding instead that it be stranded here on this lifeless world.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 am

Hoshi's Slugo! Ug poor thing, and Hoshi is actually one of the sweetest people alive! Sheesh from his POV I can see why he's majorly pissed off. But still it's sad... :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 am

:lol: :lol: Great job, Brandyjane. I actually toyed with the idea of doing Sluggo's POV but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Awesome.

Your turn, Warpgirl. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:27 am

My botox wasn't today, I got the dates mixed up. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Next week please. I'm not writing anything until the pain is better.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 am

No fair. You answered the riddle. Now we'll have a break in the chain and lose our momentum. Just write a few lines. It'll take your mind off things.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 am

Darn it woman!...Okay fine... Exactly 100 words I wake up everyday and still catch my breath. I'm here with these people; these people who directed the course of change of the universe. Of course the Q might contest that, but still these people are my heroes. Oh yes they are a challenging lot. They do create a lot of problems for me. A lot! But seeing them, for real, not just images it's... indescribable. So I hide in plain sight, and live among my heroes, cleaning up their messes. And silently thank them for the future they create. Time for breakfast. I have to go to work.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 am

Brandyjane wrote:Is it Travis in "Dead Stop," panyasan?
Yes, it is. Loved yours, Brandyjane.

I think the last drabble is... Daniels??
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:25 am

Correct! I have a soft spot for Daniels even if the Time Travel episodes aren't my favorites. Watch out, Dis says whoever guesses has to write next. :D

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Marvelous, Warpgirl! You really stepped up to the plate. Thank you. I could feel Daniel's hero-worship. I actually never thought about it, but it would be like one of us getting to rub shoulders with Abraham Lincoln or something, wouldn't it? Nice one.

You ready for another one, panyasan?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Well done WarpGirl, the sense of awe was nicely portrayed. I think "cleaning up their messes" may be a treble-entendre, and actually I can't recall ever seeing ones of those before. So, two thumbs up. Or should that be three thumbs up? :lol:
Last edited by Cogito on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Distracted wrote:You ready for another one, panyasan?

Of course! Here it is: ;-)

He felt sick. Not as sick as after he watered some sacred trees. Not as sick as the big man gave him too much cheese to eat. No, he felt sick of disappointment. They wrote drabbles about everyone. Even Slugo. Now he was promised a drabble. He had wiggled his tail in pure joy thinking about it. It was better than cheese and almost as good as a hug from the captain.
But no. Instead of a drabble about him…. It was about that man who only good talent was, to make scrambled eggs. Sigh. It was a dog’s life.

:mrgreen: I am joking of course!!! :D :D
I just wrote this at my busy work. Bad employee.... 8)
Really liked your drabble, Warpgirl. Daniels becomes a real and facinating person in your drabble. One more serious drabble coming up!
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:40 pm

I said I'd do Porthos and I'll do Porthos Panyasan. :-P But I can't do it on this one it wouldn't be a "guess who." Darn! Now I have to do another one... <sigh> Okay I'm not trying to wreck the chain but I crawled out of bed 2 mins ago, I can't think of anyone right this second so give me a little time to get my head on straight.

Fics

Return to “Drabble Fanfiction”