Shran and Andorians

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Shran and Andorians

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I have never seen a human/Andorian pairing but I think some might exist of Malcolm and Talas before we found out she pursued Shran. They were an AMAZING pair.

Yeah, I liked the chemistry between Malcolm and Talas too. Didn't care for the Shran/Talas thing, which just seemed as a plot device to get Archer and Shran to have a duel (after Talas died). Stupid writers!
And Talas was smokin' hot as well! :drool:

Regarding Andorians marrying in groups of four, that was stated in TNG I think. Non-canon sources (some Trek novels) have developed an intricate biological reason for that. It takes four genders - one male, one more androgynous male, one female and one more androgynous female - to procreate.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed May 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote: ... Didn't care for the Shran/Talas thing, which just seemed as a plot device to get Archer and Shran to have a duel (after Talas died). Stupid writers!

Absolutely!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

I respectfully disagree STRONGLY. I thought it was amazing, then again I haven't seen "Proving Ground" yet and I prefer Hoshi for Malcolm. Everytime Shran said Phlox was falling in love with Talas and wanted to keep her, he was refering to himself. He is in love with Talas and he wanted to keep her. The duel was stupid, that part I agree with, but Talas and Shran are my new favorite couple where both parties aren't human. BTW the shade of purple of her pajamas was all wrong for her skin tone, who failed Color Theory in college? I should know I took it. Jehmal is a sweet girl, but compared to Shran she is very child-like. I saw their interaction as protector/protectee. Or somewhat fraternal. They obviously had a connection, but it didn't seem romantic, and certainly not sexual. Now I have to try and forget "The Seventh" ever happened. If only because the magic acid disappeared when Archer stepped on the landing platform. :thumbsdown: Good thing I missed half.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed May 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Well, my preference for Malcolm and Talas comes from Proving Ground. Given what happened there I find it very odd that it wasn't referenced at all in the Andorian arc. I'm not even sure if Talas and Malcolm actually met again there. :?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm

They didn't. In fact Malcolm didn't even mention her on the drone. I'll see "Proving Ground" eventually but I doubt it will curb my affection for Hoshi and Malcolm. While the TPTB didn't do anything about them there were episodes where sparks flew. :D I just really thought Jeffery Combs and the woman who played Talas meshed well. Kind of like Suzie Plakson and Micheal Dorn. BTW Suzie as Tarah was great as well, too bad she was evil. The woman plays strong agressive women well.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 am

If you like Hoshi and Malcolm, you might want to check out Lady Rainbow's Captain Sato series.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 21, 2009 2:51 am

I tried and I think it's excellent writing but I can't follow the plot at all. I mean the characters are "in character," the descriptions are lovely, the dialog is good, but I can't tell what the heck is going on! That's the trouble with time travel and AU. I like both, but even the best writers can make you think you're chasing your tail. I can't figure anything out. :? Maybe my brain isn't working because I'm sick.

Back to the Andorians, I wonder why it's called the Imperial Guard when there appears to be to Emperor or Imperial Family ruling Andoria? If I'm not mistaken the Imperial Guard controls both the government and the military. Anybody know how the government of Andoria works?

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu May 21, 2009 2:56 am

Ah, yeah, I remember feeling that way sometimes reading that one. I don't think I read it in order originally and for some strange reason that may have helped.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 21, 2009 3:05 am

I didn't read it in order either. For some reason it isn't listed in order, (very annoying.) Anyway I still would love to know more about the Andorian government, was there anything mentioned in TOS about it. I've read most of the summeries, but I can't find a mention about the Vulcan/Andorian conflicts mentioned before ENT.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 21, 2009 7:45 am

WarpGirl wrote: ... and I prefer Hoshi for Malcolm.

Hey! The same for me, without doubt!
I was referring to "Stupid Writers"! :o
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 21, 2009 10:35 am

Oh well I think it's charitable to call them writers at all sometimes. Stupid episode like, "A Night In Sickbay" and "The Seventh" sometimes make me wonder what kind of drugs they're on. Because even if the stories were good (which is a joke!) the technical mistakes make me cringe. And they seem to have a knack for killing off the most compelling characters, major or minor. Talas, T'Les, Trip. It's unbelievible. Talas was strong, very sexy, and had a lovely soft center too. When she knows she is dying, she tries to be strong for her mate, but also shows her emotions by asking him "don't let me die unavenged." Now granted death duels aren't on my list of civilized activites, but her honor as an Andorian was at stake. She was a member of the Imperial Guard, and the daughter of a prominent family. She deserved justice in the traditions of her people. If you ask me the Tellerites were dishonerable cowards, and Archer was too insensitive to Shran's pain. YES I believe Archer should do everything possible to preserve the allience and form the Federation, but to ignore the pain of someone you consider a friend is wrong. But hey he insulted Trip for no reason, kicked him out of a formal reception, that as third-in-command he had a right to attend, and ignored his pain as well. Again Stupid Writers. But to waste a character like Talas was a cardinal sin for a writer.

Fics

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu May 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Maybe the stupid episodes are born of the fact that the writers HAVE to write something to pay the rent and buy food, rather than being fanfiction writers enraptured by the characters and having the freedom to write anything they please. I'm not defending stupidity though, just scratching my head and trying to think of ways to explain it. :lol:
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Sorry don't buy that at all. Shows like "Bones" and "The West Wing" may have had a few clunkers but they maintained a level of quality overall. Here on ENT there is no such effort. Some are really good, like the Andorian arc, and then you get blindsided by "Regeneration" or "Rouge Planet" Actually, IMHO ENT as a series is pretty much garbage with a few gems sprinkled in. And of course a good concept. But having a good concept doesn't guarentee good exsecution, and as a whole ENT is pretty awful.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”