Surak's Soul

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kotik

Surak's Soul

Postby Kotik » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:27 am

Just finished reading "Душа Сурака" (Surak's Soul) (found it on a russian site, fell off the truck y'know ;-) ) It's a nice read for people who would wish to read something that gives more depth to Hoshi's character. And T'Pol of course. She's forced to kill the last surviving member of a race in order to save Hoshi - and all that in the aftermath of "The Seventh". Compelling read. Not the greatest story, but sure enough well entertaining. Original english title is "Surak's Soul" by J.M. Dillard

Ludmila
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Surak's Soul

Postby Ludmila » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:42 am

Those sites have also many Trek books in English. I did not look at yet. But there were all Enterprise books before the last.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:30 pm

So far, I've only seen them in russian - fine with me. Never saw english versions

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:31 pm

I considered trying that one out. Obviously NOT in Russian, (not yet) but the reviews at Amazon.com were dismal.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:46 pm

I have that book. I thought it was all right, and T'Pol's reaction was understandable, since it was right after "The Seventh".

Was I the only one who figured out the villain long before the ending, though? :vulcan:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Linda » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:33 pm

It has been a couple of years since I read this book. I do remember thinking it was just so-so. I like the author though. She has written many Star Trek books that I have enjoyed. I may have some notes on the book, as I usually do a sort of review of books I have read. I will look for them this weekend.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”