Startrek.com

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Startrek.com

Postby Linda » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I normally don't go to other Star Trek sites, but this morning I went to Startrek.com. It seems that it is not being maintained very well. Articles seem to be a couple of years old and when looking for episodes in the TV series, I can't get to any pages beyond the first seasons. Same for other pages like the list of alien characters, only the first page is accessible. Does anyone know what's up with this?
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Startrek.com

Postby justTripn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:26 pm

It happened to me to. :( I have given up on it. I used to go there to see the list of episodes with synopsis. Now I used Chrissie's Transcripts (google "Enterprise episode transcripts").
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Oh god it makes me furious I can't even go there anymore.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:02 am

A couple of years ago Paramount/CBS fired the entire staff at startrek.com since they were now concentrating on the new movie and they saw no reason to keep the old site going since there were no ongoing TV show.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:04 am

Not cool. Don't they know we obsessive geeks and or neards are the reason their movie made so much money????????????? :bitch: :vulcan:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:07 am

Well, hate to rub it in, but this was bound to happen once they decided to reboot the franchise and concentrate on Abrams Trek. The old Trek to them is just that, old.

Another of the reasons why I hated Abrams Trek.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:42 am

No from a business point it makes sense. It's not that big of a loss actually. Because there are obsessed geeks and neards who compile stuff for other geeks and neards. So it's not like anything is lost.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 am

Dunno, think that somebody is making more money off Enterprise now that when it was first aired. I notice that there are better brands advertising around the show. No more Male Enhancements. Cars, KFC, and the like. They don't advertise around loser shows. So, bet that Scifi Network has bumped up its cost per minute to advertisers.

A good reason to restart the series with the original Cast minus one who shall remain nameless.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Umm not what we were talking about.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Dunno, think that somebody is making more money off Enterprise now that when it was first aired. I notice that there are better brands advertising around the show. No more Male Enhancements. Cars, KFC, and the like. They don't advertise around loser shows. So, bet that Scifi Network has bumped up its cost per minute to advertisers.

A good reason to restart the series with the original Cast minus one who shall remain nameless.

I'vre noticed that, too! It's great that Syfy and HD Net continue to run Enterprise. In fact Enterprise is one of the only, if not THE only Sci Fi show HDNet airs. I wonder why they chose to run it?
I'm really happy that is still airing and accumulating new fans while providing the cast with $ome re$idual$.

Methinks the powers that be at Paramount might underestimate how much $$$ they can squeeze out of "old" trek.

The really, really should keep that website up to date. And they really should throw bones out to us long-time fans of all the older series, Dammit!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Not sure how many of the Cast are getting residuals, if any. My vote would be Bakkula at least.

TrekCom. Haven't visited that site in Donkey's ages.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:01 pm

I don't think Trek actors get residuals. I think they get paid extra for conventions and other stuff like that, but I don't think they get paid with re-runs al la other TV shows.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:17 pm

I heard Connor say that he DOES get riseduals "but it's not as much as you'd think."

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Understand that Bakkulas contract negotiations went on for weeks. He may have wanted Residuals. A long running Series could pay handsomely if an Actor had Residuals. More clout an Actor has the better the chance of Residuals. I have heard that the negotiations went on so long that Bragga was oing to start looking for another Actor for the Part of Archer.

I used to have a user name on Startrek.com wonder if it would have still been good. I had signed up for the e-mail Newsletter but only got one or two.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Nope I'm almost certain that no actor not even the Captain gets pay for re-runs. Not even any of the TOS actors. Sorry, it's like I rule or something. I think I read in in a Robbie McNeill interview. If they wouldn't pay Kirk and Picard residuals, they are not going to pay Archer residuals.

Fics

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”