Is there any way to improve "Carpenter Street"?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Is there any way to improve "Carpenter Street"?

Postby Asso » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:04 am

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:57 am

This is fun! Let me see, Archer and T'Pol do go back to 2004. But instead of being onseen by the Rep. capture Archer and decide he is their guinea pig for their experiment with virus they want to use against Earth. While Archer is fighting for his life on his sick bed, T'Pol is confronted with two noisy police officers, who think she is the bad guy. She escapes before they found out she is an alien and steals the virus. She goes back to Enterprise and asked the crew for help. Phlox will develop an anti-virus, but he is not sure he will make one in time.
So Trip and T'Pol work to find a way to go back in the time-line, before Archer was taken prison. Nice TnT scenes and then they do go back in time, we pick up where we left, and it goes futher as the normal episode, Archer and T'pol destroy the medical facility, the reserach, the Rep. and take one with them. The end.
Well, this was a story line i made up in 5 minutes. And it shows! :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:24 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:Whatever you decide to do, there is one rather important plot point in Carpenter Street that has consequences for the overall arc that has to be addressed. Namely that Archer used the Xindi bodies and equipment he got hold of in this episode to convince Degra to break with the other Xindi later on.

Always trust KTR to inform you about episodes' plot points. He's the expert after all 8) So, if there are no bodies, there are no proofs. I have to asume that if I ditch the "biological weapon" plot I should change "Raijin" too, shouldn't I? Because they're related; in fact, it's the only thing that gives "Raijin" some logic.

Mmm-hmmm... I think I have to change all the season. I hope there's no problem at all :D

panyasan wrote:This is fun! Let me see, Archer and T'Pol do go back to 2004. But instead of being onseen by the Rep. capture Archer and decide he is their guinea pig for their experiment with virus they want to use against Earth. While Archer is fighting for his life on his sick bed, T'Pol is confronted with two noisy police officers, who think she is the bad guy. She escapes before they found out she is an alien and steals the virus. She goes back to Enterprise and asked the crew for help. Phlox will develop an anti-virus, but he is not sure he will make one in time.
So Trip and T'Pol work to find a way to go back in the time-line, before Archer was taken prison. Nice TnT scenes and then they do go back in time, we pick up where we left, and it goes futher as the normal episode, Archer and T'pol destroy the medical facility, the reserach, the Rep. and take one with them. The end.

Hey, to be made up in 5 minutes is quite good! :D It has some interesting points and characters' development.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:12 pm

panyasan wrote:This is fun! Let me see, Archer and T'Pol do go back to 2004. But instead of being onseen by the Rep. capture Archer and decide he is their guinea pig for their experiment with virus they want to use against Earth. While Archer is fighting for his life on his sick bed, T'Pol is confronted with two noisy police officers, who think she is the bad guy. She escapes before they found out she is an alien and steals the virus. She goes back to Enterprise and asked the crew for help. Phlox will develop an anti-virus, but he is not sure he will make one in time.

Absolutely not bad! Rather, decidedly intriguing!
Maybe you may develop this plot! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:40 pm

A Carpenter Street rewrite in a minute and a half...

Archer goes back in time to 2004, but this time he takes Trip, who can hotwire an ATM for money or a car for transportation. But then the duo gets into trouble...Archer falls for a woman in the past, who has the potential to screw up the future (a la "Guardian at the Edge of Forever") and Trip narrowly avoids accidents, etc. He nearly gets fried hotwiring said ATM, and rapidly realizes that driving a 20th century car is nothing like a 21st century one.

Back on the big E, T'Pol realizes that Archer's and Trip's presence in the past has ALREADY screwed up the future (i.e. 2004 isn't THAT long after said Eugenics Wars and there isn't any trace of it). She and Daniels discover that the Xindi have set it all up so Archer wouldn't be around to save Earth (no Super!Archer) and worse, Trip wouldn't be around to fix the intermix ratio so the Warp Drive would work (i.e. "First Flight") and...no TnT. :thumbsdown: :cry: T'Pol decides to take things into her own hands. Daniels appears (compliments her on getting to understand space-time theory, though officially time-travel "doesn't exist") and he sends her and Malcolm back into the past.

After several close-calls, Archer's galpal reveals that she's trying to find a cure for the common cold, allergies, and influenza (again, screwing up "history" because that means Malcolm won't have allergies...never mind that we don't see that mentioned after season 2 :vulcan: ). Thus, the experimentation with people of different blood types. Noble reason, but Archer (ever the Eagle Scout) has a problem with the method. :roll: The Xindi show up to eliminate Archer and Trip, and in the ensuing firefight, Malcolm and T'Pol help the guys out of trouble, Archer accidentally takes back a vial of the "cure" (which is really the virus) as well as some Xindi bodies to convince Degra.

The timeline is restored (Archer and Trip survive, Degra can be convinced, the common cold virus survives, and most importantly...TnT survives!)

So what do ya'll think? Okay, it's not completely serious, but at least it's more humorous than the original. :raspberry:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 am

I say go for it. There is room for your version AND Escriba's.

Except that you already gave away the ending, darn it.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 am

Lady Rainbow wrote:A Carpenter Street rewrite in a minute and a half...

<snip>

Temporal mechanics gives me a headache... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But a good one! :thumbsup:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:16 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:

<snip>

A headache? A BIG, BIG HEADACHE! :?
But I agree with you! :D

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:58 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:

<snip>

Yeah, I like it. I'd ask you to write a story with that plot, but I'm afraid I have no moral authority till I write mine :roll: (I'm in it, I'm in it, I'm just stuck with a little technical problem... Something to do with sensors and power relays.)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:17 am

[quote="Escriba"Hey, to be made up in 5 minutes is quite good! :D It has some interesting points and characters' development.[/quote]

I never thought about Carpenter Street, but after this thread I came up with a couple of scenes. Like to give it a try, if you do not mind.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:17 am

panyasan wrote:I never thought about Carpenter Street, but after this thread I came up with a couple of scenes. Like to give it a try, if you do not mind.

Yes, pleeease, do it, do it! :happyjump:

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Escriba wrote:
panyasan wrote:I never thought about Carpenter Street, but after this thread I came up with a couple of scenes. Like to give it a try, if you do not mind.

Yes, pleeease, do it, do it! :happyjump:

YES! DO IT! :D

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”