One point to illustrate something.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: One point to illustrate something.

Postby blacknblue » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:18 am

I guess I am just an old fogey and always will be. I am in love with my 12 gauge pump and forever will I swear by it.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Mitchell
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

Postby Mitchell » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:09 pm

8) Well Im not exactly talkin bout my Bolt action 30-06 here. But rather my Win 94 30-30, or even my 22Mag. Both guns I can draw up quicker, both are shorter, are a few lbs lighter, an I wont cry for weeks If I have to use them for a club to beat an animal off of me. :lol: ;)

8) 12 guage pump is fine an dandy to. 8) As long as its a Rem 870 ofcourse. 8)
TnT I love em. Very Happy

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:00 pm

I'm a little scared of fox getting my cat. One almost got my cat this summer, and she would've had them if dad hadn't been just stepping outside that morning to go feed him. Fortunately there was enough time for him to reach in and grab the .22, and the Fox was focused enough on cat that she didn't notice. Cat was completely oblivious for some reason, which is odd because he's spooked by the littlest things.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:50 pm

Where I live we have to worry about badgers killing our pets. About 10 years ago our neighborhood cats started disappearing or being badly injured. My neighbors cat was killed by a badger. They found a number of cats that had been killed by the badger animal control killed it. My Grandma's cats were also at that time being hunted by a badger late at night she opened her window let her cats in barely in the nick of time the she closed the window and badger tried to come in through the window & my grandma's dog was going crazy. All the Dogs in the neighborhood were upset about the badger. We also have problems with Skunks wandering the neighborhoods too.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:52 pm

Mitchell wrote:
8) 12 guage pump is fine an dandy to. 8) As long as its a Rem 870 ofcourse. 8)

Of course. What else? :D
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:46 pm

Badgers are pretty nasty animals. I'd never want one of those to get a hold of me, that's for sure.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:40 am

We have foxes around here occasionally, and moles, but nothing more surly than that. My neighbors told us a story (we didn't notice) about my cat chasing off a fox out of our back yard. He was up at like 3 am takin a piss and their bathroom window (what you'd be looking out of as you're standing there) happens to look right into our back yard, where he saw my cat and a fox like prowling 10 yards apart, my cat on our patio, the fox in our yard, like tracing each others steps in a semi-circle until they got to the opposite side of the yard, hissing and growling at each other, until the fox ran off.

I don't care if I got an illegal discharge violation or somethin in city limits, my cat's pretty old... if I saw a fox goin after him, I'd put a couple of .45 JHPs in that guy.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:15 am

When all is said and done, pets are family.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:33 pm

Right! Pets ARE family. And my parrot is probably going to outlive me. My husband and I are writing wills and the parrot is going to be in it - who gets custody and all that.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:37 am

Elessar wrote:I don't care if I got an illegal discharge violation or somethin in city limits, my cat's pretty old... if I saw a fox goin after him, I'd put a couple of .45 JHPs in that guy.

Get yourself a paintball gun for just such emergencies. :D
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:33 am

Simi OT....

But my dad (who lives in Florida and is a work- a holic so it's not like this will ever happen) said he wants to get a bee bee gun and gun down the pesky squirrels (His words not mine).

Apparently the squirrels have taken to eating the key limes/citrus off the trees.....and my parents are sick of it.

My dad is so not a hunter....so the mental image I had of him sitting in a lawn chair on the side yard picking off the squirrels had me in stitches.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Return to “General Chat”