Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Re: What are you...

Postby Misplaced » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:39 pm

WarpGirl wrote:How many?

My two youngest plus one extra today. My 3 year old by herself can tear a room apart in 5 minutes... with her friend here, they've cut that time in half. :vulcan:
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Ah yes, I remember I worked at the local library in a story group with dozens of 3-6 year olds. Challenging to say the least, but some of the best times of my life. If I had the health I'd go back to school and become a kingdergarden teacher.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Misplaced wrote:...doing? Trying to keep toddlers from destroying the house. Supposedly I'm going to miss these days. :doubt:
Misplaced, I wrote a story based on my son's activities - called Back up. I think my son looks like your three year old.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:14 pm

panyasan wrote:Misplaced, I wrote a story based on my son's activities - called Back up. I think my son looks like your three year old.

:guffaw: I love it! Great little fic!!

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Aikiweezie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Misplaced wrote:...doing? Trying to keep toddlers from destroying the house. Supposedly I'm going to miss these days. :doubt:

Take it from me. You WILL miss these days. My son is in first grade now and for the first time he is away from me all day every day, and even though I love running errands withput him begging me to buy him toys, candy, etc. until I want to tear my hair off, I miss him. :?

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:

Take it from me. You WILL miss these days. My son is in first grade now and for the first time he is away from me all day every day, and even though I love running errands withput him begging me to buy him toys, candy, etc. until I want to tear my hair off, I miss him. :?

At some level, I know this. I mean it's my fifth and sixth children who are making a mess. I can compare it to my older kids who can be left alone for 5 minutes without tearing everything apart. ;)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:53 pm

Well at least you're not overwhelmed with the "How did this happen?" thought that is so common with the first. You know it will end. Then you'll wake up and go, "hmm when did that happen?"
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:04 am

I was buying some stuff for my nephew the other day at Gymboree and the store clerk asked me if I had any kids. When I told him that I was still in college and that I have a long way to go before that, some lady walked by and said quite emphatically, "Believe me, honey, you don't need kids!" It was sortta weird...

My nephews are three years apart, and once the younger one came along, the older one started acting like a serious guy. It's actually quite funny to watch him shake his head whenever the youngling pulls a stunt.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:02 am

I have 3 nephews, and 3 nieces, (one passed away) and I have to say the oldest boy is a wild ride. The two babies couldn't be more different, and my two living neices are just the prettiest things ever. I don't know how I would live without them.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:22 am

No neices or nephews, thank god (my sister is too inept to take care of children, and my brother is still in high school), but I've 8 cousins, the oldest of which is, god, 11 now. Not seen any of them since a breif visit, oh, five years ago now. But that's okay. I don't do well with kids.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:13 am

Aikiweezie wrote:Take it from me. You WILL miss these days. My son is in first grade now and for the first time he is away from me all day every day, and even though I love running errands withput him begging me to buy him toys, candy, etc. until I want to tear my hair off, I miss him. :?

Understood (I had two - boy/girl - about 28/25 yrs ago). That's probably the reason why you cut your hair short as mentioned some weeks ago... :lol:

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:34 am

Pitseleh wrote:
My nephews are three years apart, and once the younger one came along, the older one started acting like a serious guy. It's actually quite funny to watch him shake his head whenever the youngling pulls a stunt.

Aureilia does that! It's so funny. Abby will do something (like scream her face off) and Aureilia (5) will just shake her head with the wisdom of her years and say tolerantly, "That is one angry baby." :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 am

My niece just says "Baby cry, I help him feel better."

Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:33 pm

WarpGirl wrote:My niece just says "Baby cry, I help him feel better."

This reminds me of a time when my oldest two were tiny (both girls, less than 2 years apart). When the younger one was a few months old and crying in her carseat, my oldest held her little arms out (just barely 2 years old) and said, "Mama, baby crying. I hold her." LOL Now, somedays it's hard to convince those two that they couldn't stand to be apart when they were little. *sigh*

...watching: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with the visiting toddler. (My little girls are ironically still sleeping -- a rare morning that I don't even get to take advantage of! LOL)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Well K really was like that with her baby sis E before E passed away. So she turns it all on her baby cousin L now.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”