Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: Misplacedmama

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:47 am

WarpGirl wrote:I love the shark grin! You know when he bares his teeth. It's like you can hear him say You are so screwed and possibly dead you creep! Is it december yet? Oh did you know Soval guest starred one time?

Whaaaa???? When did Gary Graham guest star?? Which episode????
Officially retired from writing Trek fanfiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:50 am

I don't remember the Title. He was a druglord/arms dealer, He shot at Fi, three guesses as to how Micheal handles that! You know MU Trip remindes me of very dark, not-so-ethical Micheal.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 am

WarpGirl wrote:I don't remember the Title. He was a druglord/arms dealer, He shot at Fi, three guesses as to how Micheal handles that! You know MU Trip remindes me of very dark, not-so-ethical Micheal.

I don't think that was him but an actor who might have resembled him. It's not listed in his filmography and just trust me when I say that Gary is very good at making sure his filmography is up to date.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 am

Well than dang he's got a dopleganger cause the voice was spooky, I didn't recognize him on site. It was the voice... :dunno: Sorry.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 am

WarpGirl wrote:Well than dang he's got a dopleganger cause the voice was spooky, I didn't recognize him on site. It was the voice... :dunno: Sorry.

LOL No worries. I got all excited for a moment there. :lol:

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Postby justTripn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:08 am

Misplaced wrote:LOL!

I'm extremely loyal to my husband. Perhaps that's why I can't even think about RU Trip in the holodeck... because my husband is so much like him in many ways.

:mrgreen:

Well, as for Trip and my husband: They are both MEN! There is that. Otherwise, not much in common. Also, I never thought of any of the Star Trek charcters like *that* either before Trip, execpt maybe . . . . Data???? :? :-| I'm not so sure I thought of Trip that way before fanfic, although I did greive his fictional "death" before my discovery of fanfic, so . . . maybe?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:49 am

justTripn wrote:
Misplaced wrote:LOL!

I'm extremely loyal to my husband. Perhaps that's why I can't even think about RU Trip in the holodeck... because my husband is so much like him in many ways.

:mrgreen:

Well, as for Trip and my husband: They are both MEN! There is that. Otherwise, not much in common. Also, I never thought of any of the Star Trek charcters like *that* either before Trip, execpt maybe . . . . Data???? :? :-| I'm not so sure I thought of Trip that way before fanfic, although I did greive his fictional "death" before my discovery of fanfic, so . . . maybe?

Yeah, I think that's the secret to all this for me too -- fanfiction. I really do think that it's easier to get lost in the characters in written form than onscreen. Don't get me wrong, they can be quite compelling onscreen... but it's far more intimate in written form. I mean, with good fanfic, we're in their heads, we're feeling what they feel, experiencing along with them. And unlike regular novels, we actually have a clear image of these characters: what they look like, sound like, their little mannerisms.

Really, if you think about it... it's quite hopeless not to start thinking of them like *that*. ;)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:54 pm

True but a real guy is always better. :D

Fics

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:10 pm

WarpGirl wrote:True but a real guy is always better. :D

That goes without sayin'. ;)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 pm

I was thinking on this and, over the years, I think the only Trek ship I've ever shipped has been TnT. It was kinda a revelation for me when I was going about my wanderings today. It might just have been that ENT's the only series that I saw for the first time when I was of an age to be interested in ships, or it might be something else... all I know is, I was never a fan of the TNG ships - Worf/Troi was pretty bad, though I never got into the whole Picard/Crusher one either, even if all they did was dance around each other...

Misplaced wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:True but a real guy is always better. :D

That goes without sayin'. ;)

...I dunno about that. My last boyfriend, well, he was a piece of work.

Misplaced
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Misplaced » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 pm

aadarshinah wrote:I was thinking on this and, over the years, I think the only Trek ship I've ever shipped has been TnT. It was kinda a revelation for me when I was going about my wanderings today. It might just have been that ENT's the only series that I saw for the first time when I was of an age to be interested in ships, or it might be something else... all I know is, I was never a fan of the TNG ships - Worf/Troi was pretty bad, though I never got into the whole Picard/Crusher one either, even if all they did was dance around each other...

TnT is the only couple I have shipped for in any series, Trek or not. I was an avid follower of Lost and I couldn't care less if Kate was with Sawyer or Jack. I cared that Kim & Jin stayed together, but not enough to actually be rooting for them.

There's just something special about Trip and T'Pol that made me want to see happily ever after for them. And, I didn't start shipping for them until "Home"... totally broke my heart. I went back and watched all of the third season to see their relationship develop. I railed at the writers when they had Trip ask to be transferred to the Columbia. I wept with Trip when Elizabeth died and T'Pol held his hand.

I think it was not just the writing, but the acting from both parties. My favorite sci-fi love story of all time. :D

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm usually pretty ambivilant about the ships myself - though, just coming off a VOY bender (disc 1 of season 4 arrived today), I can't be more happy that the Nelix/Kes thing ended. Then again, I never really cared for either charector much to begin with....

But, happy news, my brother managed to get last minute tickets to a concert for wends night and, sure, it's 5hrs away and, sure, it's a school night so we'll have to get up at 3 in the morning the next day to get him to school on time on thurs, but it should be cool.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 pm

:thumbsup: And Tom/B'Elanna RULES! Best Trek ship EVER! :-p

Fics

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm going to watch an exhibition match between Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras today. I didn't have money for the ticket (since I'm a penniless college student and all that), but my very generous brother in law (persuaded by my awesome older sis) called me this morning to tell me to buy the ticket and that he'd pay for it. Maybe it's an early birthday present or something. So, I get to see two of my heroes live tonight... ;-)
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:02 pm

:thumbsup:

Fics

Return to “General Chat”