Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Generational Designations/Names

Postby Linda » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Gosh, Yashida, it is good to see people much younger than me having generational differences! Now back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth (the 1950's) we...
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Yashida
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Generational Designations/Names

Postby Yashida » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 am

1950's?

My mom is from 1955, dad from 1960 (yeah, I know, bit of a gen-diff between them too).

Actually, one of the the odd, random (none-history) things I associate with the American '50's is M*A*S*H, that's to say the time in which the show's supposed to play, not when it was made. Oh, and rock'n roll is from those years as well, isn't it?

As for the 1950's here in Europe, 1950 was only 5 years after WOII... 'nough said; still recovering & rebuilding then... even Belgian countryside was pretty much blown to pieces...
The Germans even had actually had the audacity to steal the bells of the convent church of my highschool (school attatched to convent...). I mean, what possesed them to haul off bells from a church tower? All right, I admit, the brothers running the school then did have the cellars of the convent and school full of refugees and other people whom really preferred not to be found by the Germans, but what did they think people were going to do with those bells? Assamble a crowd of 20 to lift those bells and throw at them?

Return to “General Chat”