New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby Elessar » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Silverbullet wrote:enteprikayak, thank you. NOw all I have to do is find a way to attach that to my postings. I am computer illterate along with other illteracies.

SB

Use the image and go into your "User Control Panel" where your Signature is and you should be able to like type up the html for an image and just stick the address to that image in there :)
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 am

:D Glad I could be of service, Old Man (and I mean that in the venerable sense).

Like Elessar says,

1. go to User Control Panel (top right of screen)

2. Then on the left, click "Profile".

3. Under that link, "Edit Signature" will pop up. Click it.

4. You'll see a text box with your current sig "Thou shall not be larger than thy Regrigerator" in it.

You can leave that line there or erase it, but add the following code:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.yellowbrickplanet.com/oldsmiley.png[/img]

5. Hit submit!

:) There ya go.

|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:36 am

enterprikayak, Thankk you. I need to be led by the hand because I don't know that much about these things. Hopefully I will still have a profile when I finish

Sb
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 am

WE shall see what we shall see.

SB

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:13 am

YOU DID IT! :lol: Looks good on ya.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Yashida
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Yashida » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Welcome to our newest member!

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 am

Hi,

I was invited by justTripn to make an introduction here if I wanted to (after I originally posted on the "Star Trek Valentine issue" thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1796 two days ago). And yes, I wanted to because I think Triaxiansilk is the coolest site I found online and I'm so happy I found it, you wouldn't believe! So, here goes nothing for an introduction. I'm a 54 year old single female (never married/no kids) living with two older adorable tomcats in a subsidized apartment building for seniors and the disabled here in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota. I've liked Star Trek since TOS originally aired and am enough of a Trekkie that I've seen every episode of every series, all the films, bought Enterprise and Voyager on DVD, wore my uniform to Star Trek conventions, read more fanfic than I can remember, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, I didn't really get into it that heavily though till Voyager - and it took me till Enterprise till I really became seriously addicted. Like I mentioned in my first post, Trip & T'Pol are not only my favorite couple (from any of the series), but they're the #1 thing I like best about Star Trek, period.

As far as how I got interested in Enterprise, oh - that's easy. I've been a huge Scott Bakula fan since Quantum Leap and I was really dying to see it ever since I first heard he was going to be in it. Hell, I'd pay good money to hear that guy read the newspaper even as far as that goes, lol! But as much as I love Scott, what really kind of surprized me about the show was that as much as I like Captain Archer, I really fell head over heels in love with Trip instead and thought the romance between Trip and T'Pol was the best thing Star Trek ever did (even though they didn't go nearly far enough into depth on it as what I wish they had, think fanfic writers could've written far better scripts than they had on the show, etc), I still think Connor and Jolene played their roles brilliantly and did a fantastic job on their romance despite what little they were given to work with there from the idiots in charge of the show (I didn't like TPTB anyway, but I especially hated them for how they screwed us TnT fans over there, that was far worse than how the J/C fans got screwed at the end of Voyager in my opinion anyway.

Okay, as far as my personal playing around with Star Trek goes, I've got screencaps made from Dawn, Stigma & Precious Cargo (nearly all of which are of Trip) as well as the Trip & T'Pol article from the Star Trek magazine Valentine issue up on my fotopic account at http://marchale.fotopic.net/ - and a warning about my website itself - ahhh, I like to create fakes of certain Enterprise and Voyager characters, but some of them are mildly R rated, so if you're either offended by that type of fan artwork or are too young to get in to an R rated movie, please stay away from there. (I don't want to create any problems at all by mentioning that, but most fans I've heard comments from seem to share my taste for the steamier stuff - it's not quite NC-17 (if you read fanfic, you'll know what I mean by that) but some do go further than a PG-13 type of rating, so for any moms out there, check it out after your kids go to bed and your husband/boyfriend isn't around, lol!).

Take Care, Marchale

P.S. Sorry about the smaller sizes of the pics, I made them back in 2005 and hope to start making more of them soon here - but if anyone reading this could tell me where I could find larger head shots of Trip, T'Pol, Archer, etc to go with the modern size screen resolution body shots on the internet nowdays, I would really appreciate it alot, thanks!
Last edited by marchale on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Welcome marchale! :wave: Great to see another fan of TnT. :trip: :tpol:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Considering how very different we are, it's amazing how much of what you wrote holds true for me as well. Not about the cats, obviously. And to be truthful I don't view Trip in the same way that you perhaps do (although if Jolene happens by, then all bets are off). But I can definitely find common ground with much of what you say about the series. If you have only just found this site then I'm sure you will find good reading in the archive, and also in the archive of the HouseOfTucker site that preceded it.

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:13 pm

panyasan wrote:Welcome marchale! :wave: Great to see another fan of TnT. :trip: :tpol:

Thank you, and it sure is great to see you and all of the other TnT fans here too, I feel like I died and went to Heaven finding this place!
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 pm

Cogito wrote:Considering how very different we are, it's amazing how much of what you wrote holds true for me as well. Not about the cats, obviously. And to be truthful I don't view Trip in the same way that you perhaps do (although if Jolene happens by, then all bets are off). But I can definitely find common ground with much of what you say about the series. If you have only just found this site then I'm sure you will find good reading in the archive, and also in the archive of the HouseOfTucker site that preceded it.

Glad to hear you found common ground with me on certain things, despite our differences there - and yeah, I agree, that is amazing if we're very different. Yeah, I didn't discover Triaxiansilk until a few days ago. Something happened in my life recently that caused me to make the decision to become active again online, as I haven't done anything trek-wise since way back in 2005 - it was what (thankfully!) turned out to be a false alarm possible cancer diagnosis that I had to wait a week to get a determination on, but as hellish as it was having the crap scared out of me for a week there, I'm deeply grateful to have gone through it because it served as a very much needed "Wake Up!" call about life in general and how I didn't like where mine was heading in particular (and as a former Philosophy student back when I was in college many years ago, you can bet I did some heavy philosophical pondering there, LOL!). Suffice to say, I decided I needed to start having a helluva lot more fun in my life and since I love TnT alot and used to have a blast playing around with it and hanging out with other like-minded trekkies online, I decided to get back into that again. So, here I am, and I'm very grateful to be here and can't wait to catch up on all the fun I've been missing out on over the past several years now too (as I only seldom lurked silently online at the few places I was already familiar with from years back). Thanks for telling me where I can go to find some great reading material, I really appreciate that alot!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Welcome. so, you live in a Senior home? Kinda young for that aren't you? Now if you were MY age then I could see it. I am the old man of Trisilk at 75.

Whatever, You have found the right place. Trisilk is welcoming, warm and nuturing. I never wrote a word until I got on this site. I have since written a few stories with a lot of help from the members. so you might try some Fanfic. Never know.

Welcome to our home away from home.

SB

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 am

Silverbullet wrote:Welcome. so, you live in a Senior home? Kinda young for that aren't you? Now if you were MY age then I could see it. I am the old man of Trisilk at 75.

Whatever, You have found the right place. Trisilk is welcoming, warm and nuturing. I never wrote a word until I got on this site. I have since written a few stories with a lot of help from the members. so you might try some Fanfic. Never know.

Welcome to our home away from home.

SB

Thank you so much for the warm welcome here - yeah, I believe it about Trisilk being welcoming, warm and nurturing, you folks seem so nice and I'm getting a really great feeling about this place and hanging around here - it's fantastic and I love it!

Yeah, I live in a really predominantly senior building as one of the maybe 12-15 or so non-senior age disabled people living here as well, but we're all on Social Security though, and except for a couple of young ones (we have 2 in their 20's even) the rest of the disabled folks here are within a few years either way of my age, I'm 54. (I'm on disability for a variety of medical problems, emphysema, diabetes, dystonia, neuropathy, myofascial pain, fibromyalgia, and severe psoriasis too).

Glad to hear you're writing fanfic now and that members here were nice enough to help you with that, thats sweet! No, I'm gonna stick to reading it, not writing it - I wrote a Voyager fanfic once many years ago (that was a disaster, lol!) and I found out I'm alot happier just reading fanfic and playing around with artwork instead.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome here, it's really appreciated!

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks for showing us your home. I imagine it must be very convenient for you being on the ground floor.

I thought this picture was calling out for a caption:

http://marchale.fotopic.net/p56809488.html

Marchale might have wrote:Having watched the new 'blu ray' discs for several hours, Mittens frankly couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Look at all the fabric patterns! Love yer wardrobe! ;)

Return to “General Chat”