evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: I Know People Here...

Postby evcake » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Like taking their meds.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:32 pm

I took my happy pills, thank you.

*huffs*
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:55 am

Me too.

I used to sit next to a girl named Michelle in Junior High Ceramics class. She wore a white shroud every day over her clothes and had gothy makeup. She had many crescent-shaped burn marks on her forearms from burning herself with her lighter.

She used to explain how she wanted to do well in school so that she could become a commercial jet pilot and then, once she had a planeful of people under her control, crash the plane into the buildings downtown, thus killing herself and "taking as many people with her as possible". She always said that last part.

This was in 1994, and we all rolled our eyes and just laughed and said "that's Michelle for ya". Wonder what we would have thought if we had been students in 2008 instead? I probably would have been a lot more scared of her, that's for sure.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 am

blacknblue wrote:I took my happy pills, thank you.

*huffs*

Me too. See? :) :D :lol: :) :D :lol: :) :D :lol:

Seriously, BnB, I know (or assume) you were speaking in a more philosophical or spiritual vein...

Banner by JadziaKathryn

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:15 am

evcake wrote:
blacknblue wrote:I took my happy pills, thank you.

*huffs*

Me too. See? :) :D :lol: :) :D :lol: :) :D :lol:

Seriously, BnB, I know (or assume) you were speaking in a more philosophical or spiritual vein...

But I'm feeling MUCH BETTER NOW....

:twisted:
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:38 am

This is why we should live in a manner that begets minimal regrets - tomorrow is never promised to us. The world isn't a safe place. It hasn't been since Adam and Eve. Sometimes I read these stories and think, "the world gets worse every day." Then I think about it in context and realize that, while ups and downs happens, most of what changes is the specifics and not the big picture. Today I could be the victim of a suicidal/homicidal maniac while out shopping. Four hundred years ago I could have been accused of witchcraft and drowned because I looked at my neighbors' cow the day before it died and they never really liked me.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:37 am

Actually, things are not nearly as bad as they once were. Consider - it is highly unlikely that any of us will face a Viking raid at any time in the near future. True, many people in Africa or some parts of the Middle East or Asia are facing the equivalent of Viking raids. But here in North America and most places in Europe, we are pretty safe. An occasional disturbed individual does not compare to the routine brigandage that happened all the time in centuries past.

Today I could be the victim of a suicidal/homicidal maniac while out shopping. Four hundred years ago I could have been accused of witchcraft and drowned because I looked at my neighbors' cow the day before it died and they never really liked me.

Or you might have been far more likely to get scooped up by some passing raiding party, gang raped, and sold into slavery. Shipped off to a distant port and perhaps bought by a brothel/tavern owner to service his customers. Or more likely, bought by a farmer to work his fields and use as a brood mare to produce more field workers. Unless you were eaten. Depending on what part of Europe you lived in and what period of history you were living in of course.
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow. What a cheerful conversation.

THIS is why I read SF and fantasy. The real world is a very scary place. :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Anyone up for some fava beans and a nice Chianti? :twisted:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :mrgreen:

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:18 pm

Say what? :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Watch Silence of the Lambs. ;)

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:25 pm

No, don't. 8)
Three words: Hannibal the Cannibal.

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Ewww. :?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:34 am

blacknblue wrote:Actually, things are not nearly as bad as they once were. Consider - it is highly unlikely that any of us will face a Viking raid at any time in the near future.

You never know! One of these days my fellow Swedes may snap and re-discover our belligerent selves and decide to take up the ancient practice again! :twisted:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 am

blacknblue wrote:Actually, things are not nearly as bad as they once were. Consider - it is highly unlikely that any of us will face a Viking raid at any time in the near future. True, many people in Africa or some parts of the Middle East or Asia are facing the equivalent of Viking raids. But here in North America and most places in Europe, we are pretty safe. An occasional disturbed individual does not compare to the routine brigandage that happened all the time in centuries past.

Today I could be the victim of a suicidal/homicidal maniac while out shopping. Four hundred years ago I could have been accused of witchcraft and drowned because I looked at my neighbors' cow the day before it died and they never really liked me.

Or you might have been far more likely to get scooped up by some passing raiding party, gang raped, and sold into slavery. Shipped off to a distant port and perhaps bought by a brothel/tavern owner to service his customers. Or more likely, bought by a farmer to work his fields and use as a brood mare to produce more field workers. Unless you were eaten. Depending on what part of Europe you lived in and what period of history you were living in of course.

Yeah here an now things are better then they ever were.
But Ill keep vigiliant anyway, since in the blink of an eye, one mad man with enough power can take it all away.

Distracted wrote:Ewww. :?

Oh he aint that bad,,, Atleast he only Eats people that have it comin to them.
:lol: Ok that is still kinda bad.

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
blacknblue wrote:Actually, things are not nearly as bad as they once were. Consider - it is highly unlikely that any of us will face a Viking raid at any time in the near future.

You never know! One of these days my fellow Swedes may snap and re-discover our belligerent selves and decide to take up the ancient practice again! :twisted:

Id like to see you guys get past the US Navy, in yer lil Ol Wooden boats. :raspberry:
TnT I love em. Very Happy

Return to “General Chat”