Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Beauty/body image, society and everything that's wrong with

Postby Linda » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Yep, the abomination deserved all the cat calls (uh, don't take that personally Coffeecat, LOL) and dead cats flung at it. Frakes was just a tool of the evil Killer B team. Good call on your part that it was the abomination we were upset with, not the actor. I feel better about laughing now. And anything goes when trashing that episode.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:49 pm

So, speaking of *the_abomination*. Who else's blood pressure caused a spontaneous jugular breakthru when they heard this part of the teaser on that day. The day you first watched *the_abomination*.

RIKER:
Computer, freeze program.
Save from this time index.

That was the moment when our beautiful little universe went *poof* just a little bit. It went *poof* a lot more after that 1st commercial break, too.

It's like that time when they put "old Kes" back onto Voyager and tried to do an episode tying in with years earlier. Jennifer Lien had gained a clear 20 lbs. Which was fine, IMO. She looks great! She just doesn't look anything like the original Kes...not enough to pretend to be her by any stretch. The doc would have been all: "Kes! You seem to have a rapidly developing case of severe epidermal edema! How long did you spend in the sonic shower this morning?! I'm going to have to get you into my hyperbaric imaging chamber immediately, while I...."

No. That's Phlox.

I'm getting so confused.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Anyone else's blood pressure go up just thinking about *the_abomination*? Mad

I never noticed about Jennifer Lien because I was too busy wondering what the heck the writers were thinking when they wrote that awful episode.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:31 pm

^ I think "Fury" rates right up there with *the_abomination*. It was like watching an acceptable end ("The Gift" or "Terra Prime" depending on what respective series) and then they have to completely trash it with literally garbage. So given the Voyager track record - and that awful Generations movie they produced after Star Trek VI - of course they'd have to add some more poop to the dung heap in the name of consistency. No - they can't bury their dead respectfully, can they?
Writing as TrekPyro.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:02 am

Fat Riker (TM) isn't funny because he's fat. He's just a character. With a really weird first name. The whole caricature was about how *the_abomination* Riker was like totally incompatible with Pegasus Riker. And of course how ridiculous *the_abomination* was in the first place. And like I said before I personally didn't notice the weight gain when I made it, (because it's been a while since I watched Pegasus and I haven't watched like that much TNG anyway Confused Confused ) but there was just so much buzz about it everywhere. Well and then he got a life of his own. And what a better excuse to repost the image that won me 3rd place in the fast food art challenge Mr. Green

I like Fat Riker (TM). Mr. Green I think he's like the best OC/Mary Sue I've ever created. Because he has no personality and no past and so when like Coffecat writes him it's like making him up as he goes along, and it's fun for me it's like I learn stuff about my own character I didn't even know. I don't know exactly how to explain. But it's fun Mr. Green
ImageImage

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 pm

T'Poptarts, that image that won you 3rd place should have been 1st place. It is priceless!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:39 pm

We should write a fat!Riker(tm) vs. Swedish chef. story.

Bork Bork Bork!
Writing as TrekPyro.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 pm

CoffeeCat wrote:We should write a fat!Riker(tm) vs. Swedish chef. story.

Bork Bork Bork!

As a Swede I'd then have to insist that Fat Riker loses...
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:21 pm

^ Well, of course. He is a Muppet, after all Very Happy
Writing as TrekPyro.

CX
Commodore