Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Next Stop, Warp Drive

Postby Linda » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:43 am

I hate needles too. But I am a regular blood donor...even though I jump every time they prick my finger to test my blood before I give it, and jump again when they put the needle in to draw the blood. And last time I gave blood they blew a vein when they stuck the needle in (boy does that hurt!). But I will be back for my next appointment...because people NEED blood...even though I am a great big coward about needles! :(

I would trust Distracted to put the needle in though. Bet she would not blow my vein! 8)
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:14 am

Hey but at least you don't faint when you see a needle. Or get dizzy and hyperventilate just from reading that post you posted. :? :roll: :( :cry: I do :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Elessar wrote:Anyway, the neat thing about this theory was that it suggested that if this ultra rapid expansion happened nonhomogeneously in random directions (i.e., not in perfect 3dimensional spherical shells) then we could actually be viewing the distant universe through a kind of spatial pinhole. It's like imagining if there's a central point of expansion and you fire bullets in random directions and their shockwaves carve out wound channels in ballistic gelatin, one of those tunnels could be our observable universe.

I think he's right. When I read this late at night I was like, huh? This morning it almost makes sense. :)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:59 pm

You live for The One, you die for The One.

Return to “General Chat”