Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Yowling Rant

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Need a Rant Thread. Randomness, good news, bad news just doesn't filll the bill.

Need a place to really Vent. Let it all hang out.

To start, Effing Updates. I get warning (finaly) that computer will shut down for Updates. I click on Four hours delay. So, one hour later, while I am in the midst of something, BANG, there goes my damned Computer shuttingf down while I sit helplessly watching whatever I was doing go down the drain. Problem is, I hate the Updates as my computer always seems to work worse than before the Updates. Don't know how to stop them.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: Yowling Rant

Postby justTripn » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Yep.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Yeah, I hate updates. Actullay, I'm currently right in the middle of my computer updating. It doesn't shut down or anything, but man it does slow everything down... And then when it's done it wants to reboot. I hate rebooting. It takes forever just to shut down and then another small eternity for it to start up again. Argh! :-X
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Just so, damn it! :censored:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 pm

And speaking of which... Reboot time! :roll: CYA
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

mjimeyg
Site Admin

Postby mjimeyg » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:26 pm

I got fed up with that, I changed the settings so it would only download but not try and do it without my say so.

Then I just let them install when I shutdown.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 pm

:evilmonkey: It took my computer 3 hours to download updates today.I've tried to post here but all i kept getting is error messages. :thumbsdown:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 pm

It happened also to me. :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 am

I have known for years that here in the U.S. Anti-biotics and Hormones are beind fed to farm animals to promote growth so they can get to market faster. I thought that at least the Europeans had more sense.

Today on the news it said that many European countires that had been sing anti-biotics are banning their use. Germany was a notable exception because that Country never used anti-biotics.

However, here in the good old U.S. we are still getting that Crap in our food. Meat mostly but woudn't be surprised if Veggetables are not getting a shot or two also.

Naturaly this had made some forms of bacteria resistant to antibiotics. Which can be a major problem.

Becoming a vegetarian looks better all of the time.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:43 am

Well I've been a pescatarian for a while now. A pescatarian is someone who will eat fish and other seafood. But I'm glad someone said this, because the other day I was missing corn beef sandwiches. Knowing I shouldn't eat meat, and wanting to not eat meat, are two different things. Then I get reminded about what is in meat these days and now I feel happy again. :D
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 am

Putting comments in at the end of a story or a Chapter.

That damned Confirmation code at the end you have to type in the two words. With my vision I usually cannot read the things even with a maginifying glass. some are easy but others are so obscure that I doubt if a person with good vision can tell what the words are. WHY are they there? Doesn't prevent anyone from posting a comment. all one has to do is try two or three time until two words that they can tell comes up, type them in and the commentis posted. Waste of time and frustrating. The person who inveted those things should be drawn and quartered.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:27 am

Silverbullet--the reCaptcha codes exist to stop bots from spamming the comment areas. If a code is correctly input, then chances are you're a human being, hopefully with legitimate business at the site. They do not exist to prevent negative comments.

You're right--not everyone has good vision and some of those codes are hard to read. That's why you have the option to refresh for a new code you can see better (note the little circular-arrowed symbol to the right of the field where you'd type the code), or an audio code in lieu of a visual one (the button under the refresh one, with the little symbol on it that looks like a speaker).

Trust me, there's no conspiracy to inconvenience or frustrate anyone; your friendly neighborhood admins just have better things to do than spend our days deleting botspam. ;-)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:31 pm

I am so f---ing ready for spring. And being able to see the sun for more than 5-6 hours a week. :bitch: :bitch:

I'm stuck at home with a stomach virus. Nothing's staying down. :upchuck: The bad thing about being immuno-suppressed (thanks to the meds I take for rheumatoid arthritis) is that you pick up every thing your kids bring home. And they linger longer.

UGH!!! :banghead: :thumbsdown:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm

I am very displeased, LadyRainbow. :(

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Ouch. I hope you got your flu shots.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”