20%

Total votes: 5

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Us vs. Anarchy

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:43 pm

So we replaced the Canadian flag at the legislature today in my province's capital with a CANUCK HOCKEY FLAG! lololol We are Insane. I wonder if the Massachusetts State Capital building has taken down the stars and stripes in favour of the Boston logo? lol

Here is a hilarious article from today's newspaper, by one of our hometown journalists:

Jack Knox wrote:In the spring of 1803, the Mowachaht people of Vancouver Island responded to a series of insults and injustices by slaughtering the crew of an American trading ship, placing their 25 severed heads across the brigantine’s quarterdeck.

“The most horrid sight … that my eyes ever witnessed,” wrote John R. Jewitt, a 19-year-old armourer who was one of only two crew members to survive the attack, and who spent 2 1⁄2 years in Nootka Sound as a captive of the ranking Mowachaht chief, Maquinna. The name of that ship? The Boston. It is in that spirit that we welcome the Bruins to B.C. Tighten your chin straps, boys.

Oh, Canuck Fever has gripped us. Brace for an epidemic of four o’clock flu today as employees bolt for home before the 5 p.m. puck drop. A new Ipsos Reid poll says eight in 10 British Columbians are nuts about their team right now. Like the marketing campaign says, we are all Canucks, right? Wrong. Perhaps it’s fitting that in a city of misfits and rootless eccentrics, a tiny but committed band of contrarians swims against the Canuck tide, Boston fans who proudly wear the big B logo on their chests like the bull’s eye on a dart board.

For West Shore Mountie Marc Julien, it’s all about family. He grew up in Orleans, Ont., one street over from his first cousin Claude Julien, the Bruins head coach. “I’d play pickup hockey with him in the summer,” says Marc, a former junior player who had dinner with his cousin in Vancouver in February.

But really, he’s more of a Julien fan than a Bruins supporter. “If Claude wasn’t coaching the Bruins, I’d be cheering for the Canucks because they’re a Canadian team.”
Others are lifelong Bruins fans who find their heroes suddenly cast as villains; it’s like sticking up for Mel Gibson or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Give a grudging nod to B.C. Transportation Minister Blair Lekstrom, who risks political suicide by flying his Bruins colours. But then, this is the same guy who quit Gordon Campbell’s cabinet over the HST. Principle over politics.

Victoria’s Bruce Bendall carries his allegiance in his heart and on his calf, which bears a tattoo of the Bruins logo, surrounded by the numbers retired by the team. His closet holds 30 Bruins sweaters. The 40-year-old saw a Habs-Bruins game in Boston this year, another at the old Boston Garden in 1993. Why is a Victoria boy a Boston fan? “Cam Neely. It’s that simple.” Bendall has tickets for games one and two — $825 each — in Vancouver, and will be at game seven, if there is one.

Not everyone welcomes Bruins fans. “Some of my friends give me a hard time, say they’re going to push me out of the car,” says Victoria’s Dana Corrigan, who is off to grad school in Boston.

For some, it’s not about Boston at all. Brent Dobbie despises the Canucks so much, he’s cheering for the Bruins despite being a lifelong fan of the Montreal Canadiens, Boston’s arch-rival. That’s like Charlie Sheen cheering for rehab.

“I can’t help myself,” Dobbie says. Maybe it’s the fickleness of Vancouver fans, bandwagon jumpers who stick with their team through thick and thicker, that curls his lip. Or maybe it’s the fact that a horse named Canuck threw him into the trees when he was 10 years old.

One place you won’t find Bruins supporters? The Tsaxana reserve, the Gold River home of the Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation, the first B.C. team to beat a Boston squad.

“I doubt,” says Larry Andrews, elder adviser to the chiefs, “if there’s any Boston fans at all.”

ahhhh. anyhow good luck guys. but u won't need it. The Nux smoke too much westcoast weed and tend to get paranoid and give games away when the stakes are high.

you're welcome.

:lol:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :reddawn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Re: Us vs. You Guys

Postby Entilzha » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Good luck you crazy Canadians.
You live for The One, you die for The One.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm

And I should care whether a Yankee and a Canuck kill each other over a piece of rubber why, exactly? :-P :twisted:
Image sig by chrisis1033

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Damn Southerners!

lol!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:13 am

I voted "Canucks," just for you. :D Go Canucks!!!!! :clap: (What colors do they wear? lol . . . )
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:17 am

OH YOU'RE TERRIBLE! LOL!

here's the history of the brand:

(orig logo)

(this is the one I like cause it was the one from all the time I was little)

(latest one)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 am

YES!
AND WITH 20 SECONDS TO GO!!!!!!!
CLASSIC NUX!!!!
LOL

Man B'Elanna's great-great-great-great-great-grandpa is good, hey? :torres:

(and what an amazing screencap!!!)

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 am

lol, all 62 Boston Pizzas in BC are changing their name for the duration of the cup. all this new signage just went up at all the BP's in town:

Entilzha
Captain
Captain

Postby Entilzha » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:44 am

That's just too much :guffaw:
You live for The One, you die for The One.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm

After you alerted me, I went downstairs and found my foreign exchange student, P., already watching the game. She is the biggest hockey fan. It was one of my hockey friends (a woman) who took her to her first game and got her hooked. I think this is the only thing they don't have in Thailand: hockey.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Now I'm going to have to watch and STUDY these games BECAUSE I'M GOING TO PLAY IN A HOCKEY TOURNAMENT!!!! :happyjump: In Maryland!!!! HELP! Our team is called the "Chinstraps" which is a kind of Penguin. HELP!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 pm

I once took a young woman to her first Hockey game. She was not thrilled. By the second period she was on her feet crying for blood. Guess she became an avid Hockey fan.

I used to be amused at the audience. Lots of well dressed women at the games. I finaly decided it was because they loved blood sports. Hockey is a violent game in North America.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Last Sunday during a game, I was skating to the bench and I look down and there is all this blood splatterd on the ice right in front of the bench, and I hear someone say, "Whose blood is that? Who is bleeding?" (I didn't learn the answer). Yes, an exciting game, lol . . .

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:03 pm

justTripn wrote:I'M GOING TO PLAY IN A HOCKEY TOURNAMENT!!!! :happyjump: In Maryland!!!!

WooHoo! :clap:

But also :shock:

I've never seen a real game but from what I've seen on TV it can be pretty violent. Hope you come through unscathed - and do please try not to injure the other team more than necessary.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Ah, good ol' icehockey. I used to watch the games of Avantgarde Omsk, when I lived in Russia. It usually degenrated into massive brawls, but thats why we watch it, innit? :mrgreen:

Return to “General Chat”