JustTripn & eK venture into the watery wolfy wilderness!!!!!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: JustTripn & eK venture into the watery wolfy wilderness!

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:17 pm

But warpy, that's the best PART! The HORRibleness!!!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Okay you have a point... I thought you might have gotten lost or something WELCOME BACK! :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:54 am

lost? me? never! actually i was secretly terrified i would get us all lost. and those poor bitches didn't know any better than to let ME have the map and compass. but dammit, if i didn't lead us out 12 km into the islands and back again with no help from gps!
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:51 am

:tears: Just glad you're back not enough women around here.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:00 pm

WarpGirl wrote: :tears: Just glad you're back not enough women around here.

I'm glad to see you're back too, ek :D And there aren't that many of us women around here, are there? I know that was one thing that kind of struck me as being a little different about this forum; in most trek related places I've hung out in in the past, it seems more like it is over on VAMB (which I think is at least like 90% female, if not all female).
Last edited by marchale on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:04 pm

There are a lot of women here too. They're just all super busy.

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 pm

WarpGirl wrote:There are a lot of women here too. They're just all super busy.

Don't worry, you're making up for it ...

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Well, I'm glad to hear that there's a lot of us here, (I thought maybe there weren't that many of us). Well, even if they're super busy, I'm glad they're around.
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:14 pm

The majority here is female. The whole 'not enough women' malarkey was just utter bullshit.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Kotik wrote:

Well if I didn't have to lug a crappy wheelchair everywhere and my pain levels were somewhere near bearable, and I slept more than 4 hours a night, maybe I'd have a life. But I have to be grateful for what I have. I'm not in a hospital, and I don't have a feeding tube, life is good.

Marchale is new here how would she know that?

Fics

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:35 pm

WarpGirl wrote:
Kotik wrote:

Well if I didn't have to lug a crappy wheelchair everywhere and my pain levels were somewhere near bearable, and I slept more than 4 hours a night, maybe I'd have a life. But I have to be grateful for what I have. I'm not in a hospital, and I don't have a feeding tube, life is good.

admin edit: this is way outta line. this thread is about a kayaking trip, NOT a forum for anyone to air their grievances about another member.

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 pm

WarpGirl wrote:
Kotik wrote:

Yeah, I know it sucks being disabled, hon - I'm on Disability too; and I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with it, that really bites! :hug: But I love your attitude about it. You're right, it could be a lot worse and we do have to be grateful for it that it's not worse. I know living in a senior/disabled building here, I've sure cut down on any self pity I used to have after seeing what some of the other residents here have to deal with with their medical problems.

Yeah, you're right - how would I know that since I'm still pretty new? Actually, while I have talked to some women here, it seems like I'm usually talking to mainly guys in posts for the most part - although I have no idea of the gender of most of the folks here.
Last edited by marchale on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Kotik wrote:
Everybody who's been on this forum, knows that you're not in good health.....

admin edit: this is way outta line. this thread is about a kayaking trip, NOT a forum for anyone to air their grievances about another member.

Kotik, I'm sorry to hear about your disabilities as well - but lighten up on WarpGirl, she is not boring the raw crap out of us and I don't think she's pathetically whining at all.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:51 pm

marchale wrote:Kotik, I'm sorry to hear about your disabilities as well - but lighten up on WarpGirl, she is not boring the raw crap out of us and I don't think she's pathetically whining at all.

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Kotik wrote:
marchale wrote:Kotik, I'm sorry to hear about your disabilities as well - but lighten up on WarpGirl, she is not boring the raw crap out of us and I don't think she's pathetically whining at all.

I'm not disabled. I'm able to walk, because some doctors did some very risky surgery on me.

Well, in that case, I'm glad to hear you were able to get over being disabled. And while I don't know what happened between you and WarpGirl (and frankly, it's none of my damn business anyway), I think she's doing pretty damn good if she can look at her disability from the perspective of being grateful for what she has and the fact that it could be alot worse. Look, what's between you and her is between you and her - but I feel a bit responsible for your seeming to be a bit agitated and uncomfortable here because of that argument we just had on Thursday. I'm sorry if you feel like you "used to" feel quite comfortable here, but I think you should try to just relax and not let things bother you or get on your nerves so much, I want to see you enjoying yourself here; but I think you would more if you could calm down a bit and not let things bother you. And as far as the fact that your comrades would've booted you into the latrine, your comrades no doubt were not sensitive young women who were facing a real challenge with this. I know, I was in the Army too and I know how you're expected to tough it out - but WarpGirl isn't a soldier who's expected to "man up" to this - and I doubt if she even knows what you're talking about there, so why don't you just try to relax and calm down and cut her some slack there. I don't want to see this place become uncomfortable for you here, but I think just being able to blow it off and walk away from things that annoy you would help you a lot here rather than letting things get to you.
Last edited by marchale on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “General Chat”