Imager
Show On Map: No

Star Trek Captain's Log Fan Collective

Postby Kenshin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: Star Trek Captain's Log Fan Collective

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:26 pm

My god, you gotta be kidding me. There have got to be other, better Archer episodes. First Flight was awesome, but the funeral of the series can't possibly be considered its frontman's finest hour. *gag*
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:38 pm

Let's pass the hat and get it for Rigil for Xmas. Laughing
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Not. Funny.

Elessar wrote:My god, you gotta be kidding me. There have got to be other, better Archer episodes. First Flight was awesome, but the funeral of the series can't possibly be considered its frontman's finest hour. *gag*

No doubt. Let's show him at his most incompetent, while assassinating every other character on our show at the same time. Yeah. That'll make people give a damn about ENT. Rolling Eyes
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Let's pass the hat and get it for Rigil for Xmas.

we should. we should get him all of the episodes that make him swell with fury and give them to him for christmas and see if his wee head explodes. as a scientifik speriment.

hmmmm, let me see, i think we should start him off with with a night in sickbay, followed by a wee dram of bounty and then for afters a small slice of, dare-I-suggest it, twilight? YES! Excellent head-exploding hat-trick if I do say so myself.

Explode Explode Explode Explode Explode
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:52 pm

What the hell did I do to you? Is this because I pointed out that Archer wouldn't be sleeping with Hoshi while still acting as her CO? Or because I reminded you that Koss was an architect?

Jeez. Vulcan WTF
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:56 pm

Bwahahahahaha! I'll never tell which of those grim infractions it was. Never! Laughing

And Hoshi and the CAPtain are fornicating along quite nicely in my first draft, thank you very much. I may be slow, but I'm keeping at it. Just you wait.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

enterprikayak wrote:
Let's pass the hat and get it for Rigil for Xmas.

we should. we should get him all of the episodes that make him swell with fury and give them to him for christmas and see if his wee head explodes. as a scientifik speriment.

hmmmm, let me see, i think we should start him off with with a night in sickbay, followed by a wee dram of bounty and then for afters a small slice of, dare-I-suggest it, twilight? YES! Excellent head-exploding hat-trick if I do say so myself.

Explode Explode Explode Explode Explode

Maybe - with appropriate safety precautions in place...I dunno. The beginning of Twilight makes even my ears ring. Laughing I just thought he might enjoy those added features, like What Makes A Good Captain Laughing and Captain Archer's Best Qualities. Very Happy
Last edited by evcake on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:01 pm

enterprikayak wrote:And Hoshi and the CAPtain are fornicating along quite nicely in my first draft, thank you very much. I may be slow, but I'm keeping at it. Just you wait.

Cough*Home*Cough.
ERIKA: Why did we stop seeing each other?
ARCHER: Well, I was your superior officer. It wasn't appropriate.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:05 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Bwahahahahaha! I'll never tell which of those grim infractions it was. Never! Laughing

And Hoshi and the CAPtain are fornicating along quite nicely in my first draft, thank you very much. I may be slow, but I'm keeping at it. Just you wait.

I was always a big Hoshi-Archer fan as well Laughing . I had the theory (and I think I wrote something on it? idk maybe it just bumbled around in my head. I have a hard time distinguishing stories I've actually written from stories I've WANTED to write all the time Wink) but I always envisioned that the reason they knew each other from Brazil was that Archer met her there on assignment, when she was a young ensign and that when they broke it off is when she left the service.

Rigil Kent wrote:
enterprikayak wrote:And Hoshi and the CAPtain are fornicating along quite nicely in my first draft, thank you very much. I may be slow, but I'm keeping at it. Just you wait.

Cough*Home*Cough.
ERIKA: Why did we stop seeing each other?
ARCHER: Well, I was your superior officer. It wasn't appropriate.

Yeah but that was a BS reason, you could hear it in his voice. He was being a bit facetious. They even admit later it's fine. I was tempted to do a story about an episode where Archer's trying to get T'Pol to go to more movie nights and he says, "A little fraternization is good sometimes." Like, have her take his advice EARLY, and start hanging out with Trip more, and then when he gets edgy about it, throw his own advice back in his face Laughing
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:40 pm

Uh huh. Try that when you're a newly minted 2nd Lieutenant (the whole, sleeping with a junior officer/noncomm/enlisted person under your command) and see how quick they court martial your ass. He's the captain. There is no one aboard that ship that he can have a legal romantic relationship, and they made several references in the first two seasons about there being a no-frat policy in place.

That's what bothers me about it. Move Hoshi out of the chain-of-command somehow, and I'm fine with it. While she's serving on ENT under Archer's command, no.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:36 pm

OMG! Shock This is disgusting! Upchuck How can *the_abomination* be a "fan pick"? WTF

How are these episodes picked anyway? By what "fans"? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a combination of other Trek fans that are also ENT haters, the breed of ENT fans that gush over everything even if it's bad (you know the ones, TBBS has some of them), AinTers, extreme Archer fans and relatives of B&B!

Gah! Mad Evil or Very Mad Bitch

And I just laughed at the "bonus features": Laughing

* What Makes a Good Captain?
* Captain Archer's Best Qualities

Now how would Archer know anything about the first? And the second part is what... one minute long?
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:42 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:OMG! Shock This is disgusting! Upchuck How can *the_abomination* be a "fan pick"? WTF

How are these episodes picked anyway? By what "fans"? I wouldn't be surprised if it was a combination of other Trek fans that are also ENT haters, the breed of ENT fans that gush over everything even if it's bad (you know the ones, TBBS has some of them), AinTers, extreme Archer fans and relatives of B&B!

Gah! Mad Evil or Very Mad Bitch

And I just laughed at the "bonus features": Laughing

* What Makes a Good Captain?
* Captain Archer's Best Qualities

Now how would Archer know anything about the first? And the second part is what... one minute long?

Yes, Yes, Yes.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:50 pm

Calm it down guys. I dont mind you discussing each others views, but please dont get too aggressive about it (you know who you are)

*the_abomination* as a "fan pick"?!? What's that about, *the_abomination* was the worst example of character from the whole show. Everyone was rigid and unnatural, and the plot sucked.

Big. Time.

**Shakes head in disbelief**
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:08 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Uh huh. Try that when you're a newly minted 2nd Lieutenant (the whole, sleeping with a junior officer/noncomm/enlisted person under your command) and see how quick they court martial your ass. He's the captain. There is no one aboard that ship that he can have a legal romantic relationship, and they made several references in the first two seasons about there being a no-frat policy in place.

That's what bothers me about it. Move Hoshi out of the chain-of-command somehow, and I'm fine with it. While she's serving on ENT under Archer's command, no.

I wasn't referring to aboard ship. He was Commander back on Earth.

Plus I wouldn't have women under my command in a combat unit Cool
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “General Chat”