The Happy News thread

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Weeble » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Good for you, the rain has been missing me all morning....but i am happy :spiraleyes:
RIP Tom, I will miss you, as will many others

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Kotik wrote:Open a keg! Bring out the Bottles! Kotik's an Uncle :happyjump: :happyjump:

After three days of worrying to death, my sister-in-law was rushed to hospital today and by way of C-section she gave birth to a 10.1 lbs behemoth of a baby boy :shock: That's quite an achievement, considering that Ypsie is just 123 lbs herself :o Now, that's a quarterback if I ever saw one! Image

Congratulations, Uncle Kotik! :D

My good news... It's my 28th wedding anniversary today, and hubby and I are still tolerating each other's idiosyncrasies after all these years. Later this weekend I plan to try on my anniversary present from him... a Princess Leia slave girl costume. :roll: :lol:

Despite the obvious potentially objectionable symbolism, I'm actually relieved that my husband is tolerating my exhibitionist tendencies. His comment was, "Well, you've already got something to wear to the Star Trek conventions, so now you have something to wear when we go to a Star Wars one." I asked him who he'd go as. He said Jabba the Hutt. Ewww...

Okay. Somebody remind me so I don't forget. Next Christmas he gets a Sith costume complete with red bladed light saber. :-p
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Dis you are brining back memories of my short period of being madly in love with the Sith-ex-boyfriend. I'm alnost envious of you. (sigh) It was wonderful while it lasted.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm

By the way Dis,

I found your photo shoot from the convention. you looked great, don't let it go to your head :mrgreen:

Happy anniversary!

Weeble

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks. :roll:
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Distracted wrote:My good news... It's my 28th wedding anniversary today, and hubby and I are still tolerating each other's idiosyncrasies after all these years. Later this weekend I plan to try on my anniversary present from him... a Princess Leia slave girl costume. :roll: :lol:

Someone to play with even after 28 years ... that's wonderful. Happy anniversary!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Congrats on your nephew, Kotik! Being an uncle is cool! 8)

Distracted wrote:My good news... It's my 28th wedding anniversary today, and hubby and I are still tolerating each other's idiosyncrasies after all these years. Later this weekend I plan to try on my anniversary present from him... a Princess Leia slave girl costume.

I hope he realize how lucky he is... Congrats to you! :D
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 am

Distracted wrote:My good news... It's my 28th wedding anniversary today, and hubby and I are still tolerating each other's idiosyncrasies after all these years. Later this weekend I plan to try on my anniversary present from him... a Princess Leia slave girl costume. :roll: :lol:

Congrats, Distracted, that's great news! :happyjump: And you must get him a Sith costume, because indeed Jabba the Hutt is Ewwww... :shock:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

I suppose he thinks that he's too overweight to dress like anyone but Santa or Jabba the Hutt, but, hey, if Enterprise had portly Vulcans, there can be portly Siths, right? 8)

And since his hobby is renaissance fencing, I'll bet he can swing a mean light saber! :lol:
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:33 am

Have him go as Count Dooku. He was a master of the Makashi lightsaber form that is based on fencing, and his costumes with the cape are very flattering. Also Dooku was considered a renaissance man. Adept in all classical techniquies of the Jedi and Sith Arts.

And this is why the ex and I got along... :( I... Will... Not... Miss...Him! Must think of Tom Paris or Daniel Jackson... There all better.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Still riding on a wave of pure Europhia :happyjump: After the fortunate outcome of my sister-in-laws tricky birth, which left me feeling mildly euphoric, I let a couple of friends talk me into performing live on stage again after 8 years of absence. So I subbed for the singer of a local cover band. I returned from the gig 90 mins ago, but I'm still pumped up like an energizer bunny. It was magic. Somehow people didn't give a shit that there was a fat motion-chaot on the stage. Once I started roaring "Balada Boa" into the mic, the crowd went apeshit - holy cow that was seriously cool :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:

Weeble
Captain
Captain

Postby Weeble » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:01 pm

You Tube, You Tube (continue chant at your own discretion)

Way to go Kotik...Life is meant to be lived, sounds like you're doing it.

Meanwhile wifey and I got 14 lbs of blueberries today. One more session like that and we'll hit our goal of 30lbs.

Really good news is we found a new picking place on the way home, made a detour to the butcher shop and there it was and only 20 min from the house instead of 45. Life keeps getting better...

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Weeble wrote:You Tube, You Tube (continue chant at your own discretion)

Saw quite a few phones in the air. If any of the stuff winds up on a youtube, I'll provide a link so you can admire fat Kotik giving himself a choreographically challenged work out :lol: :lol:

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:11 am

Found you, Kotik! ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ETx0IzZjQ

O no, it's Sheldon Cooper! :tears:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Aaargh :spiraleyes: Crowd demanded "Balada Boa" three times yesterday and now I can't get the friggin' tune out of my head :banghead: Half my day's gone in Portuguese :spiraleyes:

Return to “General Chat”