Any Jericho Fans?

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Any Jericho Fans?

Postby Elessar » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I recently discovered this series and became OBSESSED with it. We watched the first season in just a week or two and then found out the first 3 episodes of season 2 were bootlegged onto the net.

Season 2 airs February 12th. It's an amazing show. It's post-nuclear apocalyptic Kansas and I think any of the fellow survivalist/militarists around here would dig it.

It's also got a couple of really likable (IMO) 'ships going on including one that, in tenacity and contentiousness is very similar to Trip and T'Pol. Plus it's got the whole "city girl/country boy" dynamic as well, only exchange 'city girl' in T'Pol's case for "brilliant, emotionally repressed particle physicist" :D
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Any Jericho Fans?

Postby Distracted » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:45 pm

I've never seen it. Is it still playing? On which network?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 pm

I don't know what it's.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Here's something that was posted on another board just for some more information for you:
I made this detailed map using a couple of less detailed maps from the Jericho Wiki, and it gives an accurate assessment of the current situation in the continental US as of April 1st, 2007 - Six months after the first wave nuclear terrorist attacks took out 23 US cities on October 1st, 2006. There are major spoilers on the map though, so don't enlarge it if you don't want to know how things turn out in Season 2:

There's been no news from Alaska or Hawaii, but no indication that they've been attacked either. They are currently unaligned.

The President of the former United States (in the process of reforming) which now consists of 27 states east of the Mississippi River, is headquartered in the new US capital of Columbus, Ohio, which was supposed to be destroyed in the first wave of attacks by Robert Hawkins' nuclear bomb that he now has stored in Jericho.

The attack on New York City was also foiled by Hawkins alerting the FBI.

North Korea and Iran were blamed for the attack and "wiped off the face of the Earth" by then rogue A.S.A. President John Tamarchio and his forces which took control of nuclear silos near Cheyenne, Wyoming (possibly Warren AFB and its Minuteman III silos). They also launched two ICBMs at unknown targets to the Northeast. They claimed they were forced to respond when the US government and the EU refused to take action before a full investigation into the attacks was completed, but in reality Tamarchio and his supporters (like the head of Homeland Security) were responsible for the attacks themselves in an effort to makeover the US into their NeoCon image. History books are being rewritten to say that the Cuban Missile Crisis and Vietnam were failures due to the the lack of resolve to use nuclear weapons. The era from immediately following WWII through 2007 is called "The Decline of the Republic" on the new school textbooks.

A disease called the Hudson River Virus has spread Westward from the Northeast and has killed untold thousands very quickly. It has jumped the UN controlled "Blue Line" of the Mississippi River and is now attacking selected cities in the ASA in Eastern Kansas. Mortality rate in extremely high and the disease spreads fast. A vaccine is available, but it is controlled by the Jennings & Rawl Co. (think Halliburton) and their subsidiary Ravenwood Solutions, which is the mercenary group that attacked Jericho, New Bern, and Rogue River, Kansas previously. Ravenwood has become the bully force for the new Allied States government when normal military troops won't do. I speculate that the Hudson River Virus might be a mutated airborne strain of the West Nile Virus because that virus was initially called the Hudson River Virus (in real life) before being identified as West Nile. The HR Virus might be a means of destroying the ASA's enemies since so far it has only attacked East of the Mississippi and Western states could be vaccinated by Ravenwood but they don't always allow it. I speculate that they're using it to pacify potentially rebellious towns and cities.

The Jericho / New Bern "War" was ended by ASA military forces, but not before Jericho lost 65 people and New Bern lost around 100. Mayor Constantino was allowed to return to New Bern alive but was stripped of his title.

Jake Green was made the new Sheriff of Jericho, with his brother as acting Mayor while Gray goes to Cheyenne for the new Constitutional Convention.

Cheyenne, Wyoming, the new ASA capital, is now a bustling boomtown with over 800,000 people and growing.

Texas is an independent republic surrounded by the ASA but with enough firepower to hold its own for now, but it's angling towards joining the ASA. Hawkins new mission is to bring proof of Tamarchio's and the Secretary of Homeland Security's treachery to the Texans so they will instead join the United States government.

The initial death toll of 15 million plus 40 million homeless comes directly from ASA controlled news reports, but in fact casualties might be much higher. That number is rising rapidly due to possible other cities destroyed (but unconfirmed), the Hudson River Virus, starvation / exposure, and violent clashes between towns and the six former rogue nations that later conglomerated into the ASA, USA, and Texas.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:04 am

Yeah, I've seen the first season of Jericho and I really liked it. The only thing that annoyed me was that the Mayor dad always had to be right. And I quite enjoy looking at Ashley Scott too! :drool:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:44 am

I'm a fan too. Can't wait for season two. I've got the first season on itunes. I'm going to try to rewatch it before the 12th.

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:29 am

8) Love it!

Although, The Whole Allied States Of America Thing pisses me off, to no end. :lol: What Can I say,, I hate traitors. 8)

Distracted its on CBS, an the complete first season is up on their site FYI.
TnT I love em. Very Happy

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:59 am

Oh is it up to watch online? Awesome.

yeah< DO NOT READ THE MAP IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST SEASON! And in fact there's spoilers about the 2nd season.

There's kind of spoilers of the first few episodes just in that description.... because you don't find out that it was like 20 cities until a few eps in.
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Up to read online? Cool! How do I do that? Do I have to pay a membership or something?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Mitchell
Commander
Commander

Postby Mitchell » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Yep you can Watch all of season one on CBS's site.
Direct link to the Jericho episode page.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/video.php?cid=446407299&cc=0
An its Free, to! :lol:

Most networks are putting most of their shows on their sites anymore. (well not cable networks)
Guess they figured if they cant beat em, join em. :lol:

:? Now if only a certin rightfully dead Network had done this a few years ago with a show they cancled before its time had come. :(
TnT I love em. Very Happy

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Cool. Time for a Jericho marathon! :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Okay... I just watched the pilot. It's probably just a matter of taste, but apocalyptic tales have never been my cup of tea. Too anxiety provoking. That being said, it's well acted and well written. I'm going back to my fantasy, though. Sarah Zettel's "Isavalta" is less ulcer-inducing.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:59 am

Oh but there's a great ship! :D
"I call shotgun!"

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Mitchell