Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: Zachary Quinto as Spock in Trek XI

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 am

i looooooooooooooooooooooooooved voyager
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:09 am

enterprikayak wrote:i looooooooooooooooooooooooooved voyager

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! It wasn't perfect - what Trek is? - but it was awesome. In fact, Voyager season 7 is the one TV season I own on DVD. Good stuff, and I don't care what anyone else says, when it was good, it was gooo-oood.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:47 am

soooooooooo good :lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:37 pm

I agree Linda about what said about Enterprise fans .

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:03 pm

So I am in good company! Great. Yeah, Voyager (and all the ST series) are not perfect. You could, and people have, criticised everything from plot inconsistances, to the science, to the artistic quality uneveness of the episodes, to the effectiveness of characterization, etc. BUT STAR TREK IS ONE OF THE BEST MODERN MYTHOLOGIES OF OUR TIME!
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Voyager is on the bottom of the totem pole as far as Treks go, IMO.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:39 pm

I like the idea in the letter about letting us in on some of the movie, though. Not even spoilers, but little things. Like maybe a title. Or even a working title.

The "translation" for non-nerds was funny, but it also had a really good point. (If you didn't read it, you should.) That point being, no matter how much you want to appeal to a wide audience, you have to keep your core fans happy.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:50 pm

I like behind the scenes pictures of actors in costumes or building movie sets . just give us clues about the movie small snippets or spoilers. Interviews with the cast as long as they don't spill the beans about the entire movie plot.Or someone posting the entire script online Like Generations or First contact were posted.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:55 pm

I am not really sure what the core fans are. I would think it would be the baby boomers who saw TOS in the 60s and continued on to watch the other ST series? That is a big bulge in the population...still. What was each seperate series marketed too? Where they only marketed to the male teenage audience when they were new? Did they even consider the female viewers as a potential audience? Was the aging fan group considered in the mix?

Since watching TOS in the 60s, and being only somewhat interested - especially in the social commentary type episodes, it took Voyager in the 90s to make a real fan out of me. Then, watching reruns of all the series, I liked them all equally well. Each series had its unique perspective. I don't rate the series against each other - only the episodes within each series. If it weren't for Voyager, Trek would not have gripped my imagination enough to watch it all and to go on to write over thirty pieces of fan fic.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 pm

Did you miss out on DS9? That's the best series, IMNSHO. ;)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:41 pm

I loved DS9. My favorite character was Garak and his line about his stories "its all true, especially the lies". Garak and Soval are my all time favorite Trek characters. Don't know what that says about my own personality, LOL!

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:55 am

ALL RIGHT EVERYONE: GIVE IT A RANKING.

Interested to see the following ranked in order of greatness by people. (Not to start arguments, but merely to appreciate our myriad and magical differences...except if anyone disagrees with my ranking: they're stupid. :lol:)

#1: Enterprise (not cos it actually was, but cos I think if it had 7 seasons it would have kicked all t'others asses. It had the potential to be #1.)
#2: TNG
#3: Voyager
#4: TOS
#5: DS9
#6: TAS

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:05 am

Um - maybe rankings should be in another thread? (I say at the risk of withering digital glares and mumbles about legalism.) 'Cause I see potential for debate here and the thread is about Star Trek XI.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:09 pm

ENT=DSN=VOY=TOS=TNG=the movies :lol:

but since this IS an ENT site, raise ENT about half an inch about the others out of respect, you know, like the flag of the home country whose soil you are standing on. :? :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:10 pm

enterprikayak wrote:ALL RIGHT EVERYONE: GIVE IT A RANKING.

Interested to see the following ranked in order of greatness by people. (Not to start arguments, but merely to appreciate our myriad and magical differences...except if anyone disagrees with my ranking: they're stupid. :lol:)

#1: Enterprise (not cos it actually was, but cos I think if it had 7 seasons it would have kicked all t'others asses. It had the potential to be #1.)
#2: TNG
#3: Voyager
#4: TOS
#5: DS9

My answer is here but I agree with JadziaKathryn who says that maybe rankings should drinks in another thread. :?

#1: Enterprise
#2: Voyager
#3: TNG
#4: DS9
#5: TOS

:wink:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “General Chat”