BREAKING! Jolene had a baby!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Re: BREAKING! Jolene had a baby!

Postby Elessar » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Wow, that's really fantastic news for her, and especially that we didn't hear about it - celebs usually treasure what little privacy they can get and I'm sure if she was glad for the anonymity of the whole thing.

I, too, welcome T'Baby :lol:

Hope there's news soon about boy or girl and name! Just for fanwank's sake of course... Nothing but respect for their wishes to remain private about it.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Reanok » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 pm

I just read some news she pulled out of a movie premiere for Sinner and Saints that was going to be happening in North Carolina tomorrow no mentioning of Jolene having a new baby.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:24 am

Anything new on this? Been awfully quiet. Was it a joke or did John B make a mistake and talk out of line.

Hope it is true though.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:58 am

I'm still not seeing anything online. I think maybe somebody might have misunderstood what Mr. Billingsley said.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:03 pm

^ Nope, he was quite clear in what he said. And it's not something you'd joke about. And he just said it in passing.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Well, now her wikipedia entry says.

Blalock legally changed her name to Jolene Ava King Rapino before the birth of her son. Blalock and Rapino gave birth to a baby boy, Ryder James Rapino on May 25 2010.

But no source is given. And the fishy thing is that her imdb.com bio is written by someone calling himself "Ryder James".

I'm not sure the date May 25th is plausible. She appeared on a number of promo interviews for her guest spot on Legend of the Seeker in January (including this one on the 22nd). Does she look pregnant there? I met my pregnant sister (who otherwise lives in Germany) around that time and it showed. My sis gave birth on May 29th.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks for that update, KTR!

I took a look at that clip. It's hard to tell if she "looks" pregnant because her leg is crossed in a manner that would hide the baby bump.

I will say that to me, her face looks a little fuller here and it's possible she's got that pregnant-lady "glow."

Also, look at the dress she's wearing--the gathers and stuff. It could easily conceal a baby bump if it wasn't very big yet. And, though this is an "old wives tale," I've seen enough pregnant women to see a correlation that women who carry boys, especially slender women like Jolene, tend to not get big everywhere, they just end up with the little "basket ball" belly. And if Jolene watched what she ate and stayed active, she may not have gained much weight; some women gain as little as 20-25 lbs during their pregnancies. Being a model, I'm sure she was motivated to watch her diet and lifestyle this way. Most of the pregnant women I've known in the last 5 years or so also never buy one piece of maternity clothing--if the weight gain doesn't get out of control, they just buy a pair of jeans or two a couple sizes bigger than they normally wear, and stick to stretchy or loose-fitting clothing toward the last couple of months. A former coworker of mine didn't even "look" pregnant until her 7th month. It was funny to watch her clients' "WTF" expressions when they saw her those weeks before maternity leave!

So, my opinion, yes, it's entirely possible Jolene's baby came in late may, based on how she "looks" in that clip.
"
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:30 pm

^ You could possibly be right. My sister, who is also rather tiny and thin, didn't show much besides the bump. It's possible it might not have showed much had she been wearing what Jolene wore, sitting like that etc. And she never gained that much extra weight. She also carried a boy.

I don't dispute the pregnancy, but rather the other facts on her wiki entry. Of course "Ryder James" might just be the pen name her publicist used in writing the imdb entry, taking it from the baby boy.

Still would like some more hard facts.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:06 pm

No, I agree, some of the "coincidences" are a little hinky. Is it possible this "Ryder James" person who did her bio is someone close to the family, someone Jolene and her husband like enough to name their kid after?

Still, it had to be hard keeping something like this a secret, as persistent as some fans are. She had to go out in public sometimes, and even the most generous clothing isn't going to hide the fact that you're pregnant in months 8 and 9. I suppose visits to the doctor's office could've been kept on the down-low by going in sweats, sunglasses, no makeup, and tucking the hair under a hat, but still... :shock: Not easy when so many people know who you are.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:22 pm

She wouldn't necessarily be that recognized. Jolene has stated herself that she's mostly known with the wig and pointed ears and don't get recognized a lot IRL. She even walked through a Save Enterprise rally outside Paramount studios once and no one noticed it was her.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:50 am

How would you fail to notice a woman that gorgeous even if you didn't know it was Jolene Blalock... in a STAR TREK RALLY? :lol:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 am

amazing! lol
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Aquarius wrote:Thanks for that update, KTR!

I took a look at that clip. It's hard to tell if she "looks" pregnant because her leg is crossed in a manner that would hide the baby bump.

I will say that to me, her face looks a little fuller here and it's possible she's got that pregnant-lady "glow."

Also, look at the dress she's wearing--the gathers and stuff. It could easily conceal a baby bump if it wasn't very big yet. And, though this is an "old wives tale," I've seen enough pregnant women to see a correlation that women who carry boys, especially slender women like Jolene, tend to not get big everywhere, they just end up with the little "basket ball" belly. And if Jolene watched what she ate and stayed active, she may not have gained much weight; some women gain as little as 20-25 lbs during their pregnancies. Being a model, I'm sure she was motivated to watch her diet and lifestyle this way. Most of the pregnant women I've known in the last 5 years or so also never buy one piece of maternity clothing--if the weight gain doesn't get out of control, they just buy a pair of jeans or two a couple sizes bigger than they normally wear, and stick to stretchy or loose-fitting clothing toward the last couple of months. A former coworker of mine didn't even "look" pregnant until her 7th month. It was funny to watch her clients' "WTF" expressions when they saw her those weeks before maternity leave!

So, my opinion, yes, it's entirely possible Jolene's baby came in late may, based on how she "looks" in that clip.
"

I thought the same thing. Her face looked a little fuller than normal and her dress and posture would easily hide a baby bump.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I agree that she has a baby glow in that clip and is probably pregnant. With my first I didn't look pregnant. I looked normal with a basketball stomach hidden by big sweaters. I went to buy a nursing bra the week before I had Jeremy and the lady at the store (a laungerie store (sp?)) failed to notice I was pregnant at first. I was puzzled why I was getting such bad service, lol . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Elessar wrote:How would you fail to notice a woman that gorgeous even if you didn't know it was Jolene Blalock... in a STAR TREK RALLY? :lol:

Well, she was probably recognized as a gorgeous woman walking past, but the Trek fans were too polite to whistle after her... ;-)

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”