T'nT stories--lost and found in the files

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

T'nT stories--lost and found in the files

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi, it's me the new story poster. I worry that a number of filing anomalies have resulted in some interesting stories being buried in the files.

I hope we can refile, but in the meantime, let me just get a few things off my chest.

Abelone wrote a critically aclaimed E-squared story that was up on the front page of HoT less than a week. It came up several times when people were asked to list their favorite stories. I believe both me and and Rigil listed it for instance. It was rated NC-17, but the sex scene was not integral to the story. Abelone was frustrated that it didn't get much attention and so resumitted it as a PG-13 story here at Triaxian Silk, but that version never made it to the front page. So those who'd like to read an excellent PG-13 E-squared story, check out:

http://triaxiansilk.com/fanfics/ab/ableone_by_special_authorization_pg13version_part_2.html

(Continued below)
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

justTripn
Consigliere

Re: T'nT stories--lost and found in the files

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:32 pm

Second, Elessar's epic adventure/drama story "Your Mom and Me, Part 2: Just the Two of Us," is rated NC-17 (that is you have to pass an NC-17 filter to get to it), though each individual chapter is just PG-13. I don't know if this was because "Your Mom and Me, Part 1" was NC-17 or because "Your Mom and Me, Part 2" may be NC-17 in the future (when or if John adds that material). But as it stands it's PG-13, and it's great! Trip, after the Romulan War, is trying to decide what to do with his life, is suffering post-tramatic stress syndrome, and is getting re-acquainted with his ex (That's T'Pol). It's set in Malaysia!

You do NOT have to read "Your Mom and Me Part I" to enjoy "Your Mom and Me Part II." They could have been posted as two separate stories.

http://triaxiansilk.com/fanfics/efg/elessar_just_the_two_of_us_chapter_directory.html

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Oh! And Elessar IS John O., for those who haven't figured that out. All his stories are filed here under John O., but I'll add a cross reference.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Finally, my favorite author, Peter Simons, wrote chapters 5 through 11 of "Chivarly is Dead," which was started by THECUSRSOR. "Chivalry is Dead" is an unfinished story, but I read it the other day and its wonderful. If I was THECURSOR or Peter, I would chop it off at a certain point and call it done. Both authors are way-talented, LOL-funny, and totally original.

Please read how Trip and T'Pol's sister spend quality time together. This was too funny!

http://triptpolers.houseoftucker.com/fiction/author_thecursor_chivalry_is_dead.shtml

Chris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Hey, justTripn. Thanks for reminding me about ableone's story. I'm going to read that one again along with Drogna's new chapter for Postcards......

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Oh justTripn, why do you renew my pain? :(
I beg you to forgive my way of speaking, but (well, you know it very well) I don't forget my country and its "Opera".
For me "Your Mom and Me, Part 2: Just the Two of Us," was "A SWORD IN THE HEART"! :( :(
I was happy because finally a sequel was appeared of "Your Mom and Me, Part 1" and my disappointment for the peculiarities of this sequel was great! :( :( :(
Obviously this is my personal opinion, but "Your Mom and Me, Part 2: Just the Two of Us" is not even the shade of "Your Mom and Me, Part 1". It is another story and, for me, not even very beautiful (Forgive you my sincerity). An even more great disappointment, if I think about the abilities of the one who wrote it! :( :( :( :( :(
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Well, it's a sword in MY heart that part 2, Just the Two of Us, got overlooked. I fear part of the reason it got overlooked was all the commotion about it not being like part 1. I read only half of "Your Mom and Me Part I" and it IS something else! No denying that! But if it helps you to think of Your Mom and Me Part II" as a separate story, by a separate author, please do that. For me, not being as nostalgic about part I, Part II felt like a Rigil Kent story, oddly enough, when he does the calm before the storm.

I think people unfamiliar with part 1, would have no problem AT ALL with part 2. It would just be a well-written story. People would not be devastated that Trip and T'Pol broke up during the war, if they didn't even know about their deep commited, relationship in part 1. Also, I think the time for part 1 has past. It was a story for it's time--three years ago.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Oh dear, that whole discussion was locked last time and we shouldn't renew it here. Suffice it to say, the story is NOT NC-17. It is PG-13. So if the NC-17 rating was preventing you from reading it, feel free to read it now.

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 pm

I know this story isn't lost, but it is seasonal. It's about time for the annual reading of Quills, "G-Deck: A Captain Soma Halloween Adventure." Boo!

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:06 pm

justTripn wrote:Well, it's a sword in MY heart that part 2, Just the Two of Us, got overlooked. I fear part of the reason it got overlooked was all the commotion about it not being like part 1. I read only half of "Your Mom and Me Part I" and it IS something else! No denying that! But if it helps you to think of Your Mom and Me Part II" as a separate story, by a separate author, please do that. For me, not being as nostalgic about part I, Part II felt like a Rigil Kent story, oddly enough, when he does the calm before the storm.

I think people unfamiliar with part 1, would have no problem AT ALL with part 2. It would just be a well-written story. People would not be devastated that Trip and T'Pol broke up during the war, if they didn't even know about their deep commited, relationship in part 1. Also, I think the time for part 1 has past. It was a story for it's time--three years ago.

You are right, as usually... :)
But, please forgive me, that story, the first, "was a story for it's time--three years ago", it is true, but the sweetness and the love's amazement of that Fic are eternal.
This is what I do not manage to bear in the second one. :? :( :?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”