The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: T'Pol's Un-Vulcan Like Behavior

Postby Escriba » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm

The problem with ST is that we had a few strokes and that's all.

Writers: Vulcans, pointy ears, green blood, heart in a nother place, different brain and, ah yes, they mate every seven years, when they suffer something called pon-farr.

Fans: And women?

Writers: What's up with them?

Fans: Do they mate every seven years too? Do they have menstruation? When are they fertile?

Writers: Ah, well...

Fans: You didn't think about that, did you?

Writers: They depend on men and are fertile all the time!

Fans: :wtf: so they can only mate every seven years but are eager everyday? That's cruel!

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:10 pm

If we keep talking about this here we might get in deep trouble. :lol: :lol: Suffice it to say I think how much amorous attention a Vulcan couple has in between cycles would be contingent on the couple, and their mating bond. Tuvok says that it can be hard for men to get in the mood, but not impossible. They can have sex anytime they want.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Okay, lets say that vulcan males Sex Drive is so low that they don't even think about it at all. That they have to go nuts every seven years just to get in the Mood. that out of Ponfarr Sex is too boring for a vulcan Male.

Vulcan females are entirely dependent on male attraction to get them in the mood too. so, nothing out of a vulcan male nothing going for vulcan women.

HOWEVER. If a male, any male comes along that somehow starts someting in the female she does get in the mood and starts something with the male.

Trip sets off t-Pol. she jumps him in Harbinger.

Or something lke that.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:39 pm

It isn't that their sex drive is low. If it was Amanda could not have been a happy camper, because let's face it she ADORED her husband. It just works differently than a human's. I do think that Trip's being human alters things. I mean we mere humans send off chemicals and pharemones like crazy, that produce everything from lust to revulsion. So Trip being a perfectly normal healthy human male, (and than god for that) and being very physically attracted to our favorite Vulcan girl was probably sending signals he didn't even know about. Add the fact that she's an empath, and a touch-telepath, nuropressure, good old sex appeal, and their bond and physiology makes for an entirely different set of variables.

Whether all of this forced the encounter in Harbinger... It could have, but honestly I think that if that's all it took she wouldn't have waited until Cole showed up.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:50 pm

True. But T-Pol could have been controlling her response to Trips signals even though they had a powerful pull on her.

cole would have upset that control. She was a thrat that to be dealt with and so t-Pol had to release her control in order to meet that threat.

The next day she was trying to regain the control and stepped in it but good.

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:00 am

from what spock was saying in cloud minders things can happen between the seven years.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:03 am

Yeah it was probably a lot easier for him considering his human half. Personally I think the bond has a lot to do with it. Anyway back to T'Pol... Dang! I got nothing. Must be brain-dead.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:13 am

Well TnT proves that things can happpen.

I still haven't figured out this Pon Farr completely.

It seems that the males go nuts and have to get it on or die or something like that.

but in TOS spock gives up his female and he doesn't satisfy his Pon farr and he doesn't die.

In voyager the vulcan guy on board goes in to Ponn Farr, he gets his butt kicked and doesn't satisfy his Pon Farr and he lives.

I believe that Spock told Nurse chappel that it wasn't going to happen but when he was thrown back in time to that cave he semed to have had some Horizontal Tango time with the
female there..

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:18 am

You might want to read and post here... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1047

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 am

Sorry for the double but I've got something to post of merit, thanks to Rajin. Yeah I'm going into the whole, T'Pol's brain was fried and Trellium. BUT before you get out the pitch-forks this has NOTHING to do with Trip. Merely T'Pol and her health... OK the great Trellium Experiment, sealed her doom! WOW that was dramatic. :badgrin: No seriously, she was breathing that residue in and she doesn't know it's addictive an toxic. Added to that she still has pa'nar, and we know the anomalies can hurt people, because of the space pirates, and crewman Cutler's broken arm. So who's to say that T'Pol's brain chemistry isn't getting more screwed than usual. Add to that the fact little miss rapist whore, specifically attacked her control to access her mind and you've got a total mess. And geuss what the Seleya adventure is the next episode, and the way they're writing it the episodes are the events in order. Poor girl was DOOMED, she never stood a chance. It's so nice to know she got such respectful treatment. :roll:

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:21 pm

T-Pol had to be the most mistreated character on Enterprise.

Even Travis who was more or less a prop was treated with more respect.

Second of course Was Trip and together TnT got wasted quite often.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:35 pm

I don't agree that Trip was mistreated, he was a fine character, played with integrity and developed well except for *the_abomination*. Were there moments when he was made to look rediculous? Yes. But those moments weren't character assassination, and they were relatively few and far between.

I have to say I'm tired of the TPTB bashing, yeah they screwed up that's why we do what we do. But can we just please keep to the topic at hand. It's one thing to mention that you feel a character was disrespected and misused in the context of the topic being discussed, but to harp on just that gets boring.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Sorry, I wasn't harping on TPTB. I was just following your last line when you commented on tPol's treatment.

I stilll say that the character was the most mistreated on the Series.

That Trip in the first two season ws the Comic Relief and often made to loook rediculous. then when the TnT paring came about it got jerked around so much. that I believed the TNT
pair were mistreated.

Just Opinon, that is all. Not a rage against TPTB.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Sorry for the Double Post.

Been thinking (dangerous) in Breaking the Ice T-Pol had some very unvulcan behavior. She Asked Trip what to do about her Letter. She later said it was vulcan Tradition, etc. Why should she ask a Human what to do? Also why didn't she ask Archer. She didn't rurst him any more or any less than Trip and he would be discreet. But the queston remains why ask a Human at all. Very unvulcan behavior.

She claims that the sub-concious does not affect Vulcans but my feeling is that she sub-conciously was already attracted to Trip and was hoping he could convince her not to go through with the wedding.

Sitting, Staring at the piece of Pecan Pie could have been confirmation of this.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Trip was growing, finally.
And Phlox gave a hand.
Ah, this damned Phlox!
He doesn't ever mind of his own business. Thank goodness.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”