anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Show On Map: No

Re: Things that didn't make sense in "the_abomination"

Postby anaM » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:09 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:
Aquarius wrote:
panyasan wrote:The last message is hurt, pain and no room of other cultures or opinions...
No closure, no, nothing, no hope.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

I never thought of it like that but I think you are 100% right.
"Faith of the Heart," huh? Nope, no closure, no nothing, no hope, no progress.

THAT'S why we hate the episode, in a nutshell, really. It all boils down to that doesn't it?

After reading all this thread all I can say is that I completely agree too. I tried for a while to explain things in my mind but at the end it was this feeling of loss and the lack of hope that makes me hate *the_abomination* and erase it from memory.

Nemo Blank
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Nemo Blank » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:35 am

My take is that the whole thing was pieced together from ancient pre-pilot and rejected script notes by some low level assistant that never watched the show and then given over to Jonathon Frakes as a gift to try and revitalize his career. Under this uncaring regime there was no continuity or acknowledgment at all for any character development whatsoever or any sort of nod to the integrity of the Enterprise series. The series was dead, Frakes butchered it into a background for his mini TNG revival, the prime movers had moved on and the last show was appropriately shoddy.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:54 am

Oooh why blame poor Frakes he didn't even direct it. That's cold! :faint:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Nemo Blank wrote:My take is that the whole thing was pieced together from ancient pre-pilot and rejected script notes by some low level assistant that never watched the show and then given over to Jonathon Frakes as a gift to try and revitalize his career. Under this uncaring regime there was no continuity or acknowledgment at all for any character development whatsoever or any sort of nod to the integrity of the Enterprise series. The series was dead, Frakes butchered it into a background for his mini TNG revival, the prime movers had moved on and the last show was appropriately shoddy.

I don't blame Frakes for the whole thing, but *the_abomination* looked more like a "remember the good TNG"-episode then a well written end episode. The word "uncaring regime" sums up the entire atmosphere of *the_abomination*.

BTW, Nemo Blank, can we expect an update of your excellent story any time soon? (puts on begging face).
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”