The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Paxton's goal

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Yup and what are you waiting for? Write up a humdinger of a Fanfic on this.

Die Paxton Die.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:25 pm

I'm only up to writing Chapter 5 WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Sorry, on which story?

Do you, as PDSIL and perhpas others have more than one story going at a time?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Nope just the one, but stuff will happen.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:45 pm

I hope, I hope, I hope.

NOT pushing at all.

Just asking in a nice, polite way.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah well right now chapters 3 & 4 are being edited and I'm roking on it. Writing takes a tremendous amout of energy and focus. Back to Paxton, I liked the actor who played him, he had a commanding presence. I kept wishing he had played Archer. But I found the story to be rather simplistic. I would have loved more detail and plot twists. Also I would have loved more Malcolm and Section 31.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Archer? anyone but Bakkula.

More plots and twists. Yes and more of Malcolm and section 31 too. Agreed.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Malcolm and Hoshi got shafted pretty good most of the series. But I have to say Hoshi impressed me during the whole thing. No more meek little mouse. Of course I knew she had it in her, Sleeping Dogs is absolutely my favorite stand alone episode. You know if Trip had to get shot, I would have wanted Malcolm to kick Paxton into next Sunday. He IS the soldier of the ship, let him out and fight.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:59 pm

I guess that Malcolm got hit right at the start of the fight. He was dragged out of the room by Phlox.

Again, so we could have SUPERARCHER!!.

trip, of course is down. He does manage to tell Archre what buttons to push.

Hell I wanted Trip to shoot everyone and then find t-Pol and his daughter. Often wondered why it ws Travis who found her. I thought he was involved in the fight too and maybe got hit.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Just trpn. Absolutely adored that piece you provided the link for. Had not read it and will go back and read itin its entirety after book marking it.

Hope you also read "Season 3 Deconstructed." And all of Peter Simons's fanfic, including a story that was started by TheCursor and continued by Peter: Chivalry is Dead. Shoot. I better make sure all that is still posted here at Triaxian Silk!!!!

HELP!!! REMIND ME!!! "Chivalry is Dead" would be down at HoT because it was never finished.

But here is "Season 3 Deconstructed":
http://triptpolers.houseoftucker.com/mi ... cted.shtml

Yes, his stories are engaging, original, and often laugh out loud funny. I would be smiling and giggling my way through them. Start with something like "Healing the Mind."
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Oh that was AWESOME!!!!!! :twisted:

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Will try but remember I am blind iin one eye and the other does get tired at times sso I have to go easy on it.

thanks for the link though.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 am

Holy Crud! I'm watching Terra Prime again for research and I gotta say WOW this thing is rife with little things to make great fics. I re-read this thread again just to see what I wrote before and some things still satnd but there is a whole lot more... Like Terra Prime is a whole lot more scary than I had noticed before, and since Paxton wasn't killed, whoa no way that would have been the end of it if *the_abomination* had never happened. I need to go finish now.

Fics

michelle
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby michelle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:35 pm

pdsldl wrote:I'm in the middle of a story line that involves Terra Prime and while it is AU and veers off canon it did get to me thinking about what Paxton's plans for baby Elizabeth were. He implied she would not survive but what he planned was never really laid out. To my way of thinking having a cute baby live for several months and then die served no purpose. It might give his followers or other like-minded folks a rallying point but I woulld also think it would infuriate as many on the other side and maybe even some undecideds who would see such an act as barbaric.

I realize he was insane but warped or not there still had to be some kind of plan.

I used to baffeled by it too. It seemed a bt riduculous to me when i first saw this episode but i didn't care, it was great TnT.

But now I have a pretty good idea of paxton's goal.

To place it in the context of reality:
I was having a debate with a fellow on youtube, he claimed he wasn't racist! He was deeply passionate about the idea of genomes going extinct, he said it was wrong to "kill off" a race of people.

Since we were discussing mix raced couples i thought it was an odd statement to make.

There are people in this world that view the mixing of ethnicities as the same as genocide. Well that's the excuse they give themselves to continue on with their racism in this day and age.

He was deeply disturbed by the sight of "souless coffee coloured" people.

T'Pol said "Life is change"

Thats exactly it, trying to keep humans human or keep particular groups of human, particular groups forever is like trying to stop the wind from blowing or the sun from shining.

If there are fuit cakes on this world that think like the fellow i spoke to, i can well imagine the upraor if it was shown that an alien and a human could procreate. The fact that it didn't survive isn't the problem, I just don't think Paxton was going to allow an alien/human hybred in existance. It is the fact it's possible that would be scary to people and entice some people to separate humanity from the rest of the universe.

And these types of nutters aren't swayed by cute babies.

For me Demons and Terra Prime is a realy nicely thought out episode.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:42 pm

I wish they had both been a little more detailed in showing how TnT's DNA was stolen, how baby Elizabeth was created, and the more serious repircussions of Earth's society as a whole. All of that was very glossed over. I'm sorry but stopping Paxton wasn't going to make Earth Utopia again. If they had cut Gannet out of it those things colud have been addressed. I'm sorry but Travis's acting was horrible, he was cardboard.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”