Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: How old was baby Elizabeth?

Postby Escriba » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:29 pm

:guffaw:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Yes, that was my laugh of the day!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Actually Escriba that makes perfect sense. Think about it, ANY woman would be horrified that her DNA was used to create a child without her knowledge or consent. Add to that the betrayal because she must have known somebody from ENT was responsible, and she gave up so much for them already. She might be able to control her emotions and thoughts externally, but if Trip sensed that inner turmoil his subconscience could fill in the blanks in a nasty way. COOL! I just got an idea for the chapter I'm writing! Thanks Darling!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Never did go along with Trip's doubts. He had seen t-POl every day (with the exceptioon of the forge Arc and when he was on the columbia but Archer would have been with T-Pol in the forge arc and the crew would have seen T-Pol while he was on the columbia. So, a pregnacy would have been ruled out in his mind. His obvious confusion would be where did the child come from. He would not think of a clone so the baby would have to be connected to him and T-Pol somehow. No wonder he was confused and trying to sort it out by disbelieveing
T-Pol even though he knew it was impossible. I mean it would be the same if she had trotted up to him and said "I am Pregnant." A typuical Human male's first reaction would be to first think whose child is it and how does she know it is mine if she thhinks it is. She might have had it on with someone else. After she convinced him that he was the one and only who had reached home Plate then he could acccept paternity.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Well outdated analogy aside the thought of another man is equally rediculous. He couldn't hide their neuropressure sessions when they were platonic, how is she going to hide another HUMAN man from him? HELLO! Do men just look for excuses to be distrustful, and suspicious.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

auroraborealis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby auroraborealis » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:12 pm

but what makes me wonder is when she said she knew there was a Baby out there and it is ours. Trip asks how she knows and T-Pol says because "I am vulcan" what in Hell does being Vulcan have tod with knowing a baby exists.
How she knew the baby was hers, simple Vulcans bond with blood family, even family they're far away from. It's that freaky telepathy brain thing, they're aliens they can do that.

If that's true then wouldn't she have a telepathic bond with all the other little clones they made? A lot of them lived for a little while.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Well they only hint at parent child bonds not directly state it, BUT I think close proximity to the person or in Elizabeth's case DNA is needed. Susan Khouri handed T'Pol a vial with Elizabeth's DNA inside of it. You know how living things generate a bio megnetic field of energy? Well... they do... Anyhow I always assumed that bonding meant that people get in tune with each other mentally and physiologically. So being in proximity of Elizabeth's DNA triggered T'Pol's maternal instinct forming a tenative bond. Once she actually touched Elizabeth all bets were off. Might also contribute to Trip's addled-mindedness.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:28 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Well they only hint at parent child bonds not directly state it, BUT I think close proximity to the person or in Elizabeth's case DNA is needed. Susan Khouri handed T'Pol a vial with Elizabeth's DNA inside of it. You know how living things generate a bio megnetic field of energy? Well... they do... Anyhow I always assumed that bonding meant that people get in tune with each other mentally and physiologically. So being in proximity of Elizabeth's DNA triggered T'Pol's maternal instinct forming a tenative bond. Once she actually touched Elizabeth all bets were off. Might also contribute to Trip's addled-mindedness.

Slightly contrived, in my humble opinion.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Hey I didn't make it up OK if I had I'd have all the money they pay to the people who do make this "slightly contrived" stuff up. And believe me I could use it. I need a wheelchair fixed! Just trying to add to the topic.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Silverbullet wrote:A typical Human male's first reaction would be to first think whose child is it and how does she know it is mine if she thhinks it is. She might have had it on with someone else. After she convinced him that he was the one and only who had reached home Plate then he could acccept paternity.

:shock: I sure hope not. :shock: If my boyfriend, now husband of 20 years would have even suggested something like that if I were to ever have gotten pregnant the relationship would be OVER. Besides, Trip knew that Vulcans didn't have sex outside of marriage, or if they did it was very unusual. I don't blame T'Pol at all for being pissed off by his suggestion that she was hiding things.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that when Trip fouind out about the baby, maybe he tought it was possible that T'Pol got pregnant while they were intimate, discovered she was pregnant after she got married and had the embryo removed then to save face for herself and her family.

I HATED the part of Demons where Trip tells T'Pol that he is "sick and tired of the bond." Just hated it. I can imagine it would be frustrating if it's all new to you and all that, but "sick and tired of the bond" is baaaaad. Manny Coto said he intended for their relationship to develop in the next season so I don't know if that was thrown in to fortell unsolvable problems or what. But then why end Terra Prime with them obviously together? :bitch:

There were times in both episodes I thought where they did seem to make Trip and T'Pol much less formal with each other and maybe even a tiny bit affectionate. He touches her a few times and they talk to each other in a more relaxed fashion. Just my opinion after watching Demons and Terra Prime a dozen times. I liked that.

Back to Elizabeth, she looks sort of like a six month old should, I think, a big six month old, but still....
you really can't try to work out Star Trek timelines sometimes. It just doesn't work. I don't think the writes/producers spent too much time worried about it. Thast just for us geeks (and I am a PROUD GEEK, thank you very much) to obsess over. If you look at the episode listings you see two or three consecutive episodes that are supposed to be over a few day period, and then huuuuuge gaps with no date or stardate. And yes, obviously there is some kind of telepathic bond-thingy between mother and child. My guess is that it dissapates as the child grows up, but they never fully explained it.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Aikiweezie wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:A typical Human male's first reaction would be to first think whose child is it and how does she know it is mine if she thhinks it is. She might have had it on with someone else. After she convinced him that he was the one and only who had reached home Plate then he could acccept paternity.

:shock: I sure hope not. :shock: If my boyfriend, now husband of 20 years would have even suggested something like that if I were to ever have gotten pregnant the relationship would be OVER. Besides, Trip knew that Vulcans didn't have sex outside of marriage, or if they did it was very unusual. I don't blame T'Pol at all for being pissed off by his suggestion that she was hiding things.

Thank you for saying this I can't tell you how much that scared the H-E-Double-hockey sticks out of me.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Hey I didn't make it up OK if I had I'd have all the money they pay to the people who do make this "slightly contrived" stuff up. And believe me I could use it. I need a wheelchair fixed! Just trying to add to the topic.

Don't lose your temper, please.
Just trying to add to the topic, me too.

Aikiweezie wrote:...I HATED the part of Demons where Trip tells T'Pol that he is "sick and tired of the bond." Just hated it. I can imagine it would be frustrating if it's all new to you and all that, but "sick and tired of the bond" is baaaaad. Manny Coto said he intended for their relationship to develop in the next season so I don't know if that was thrown in to fortell unsolvable problems or what. But then why end Terra Prime with them obviously together? :bitch:

There were times in both episodes I thought where they did seem to make Trip and T'Pol much less formal with each other and maybe even a tiny bit affectionate. He touches her a few times and they talk to each other in a more relaxed fashion. Just my opinion after watching Demons and Terra Prime a dozen times. I liked that...

Indeed true.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:42 pm

When I lose my temper you'll know it.

However I didn't hate Trip being snarky so much, I mean severe shock, emotional stress, and his baby girl needing rescued will make anyone screwy. And the fact that they never wrote Trip or T'Pol as good communicators and it made sense.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:50 pm

WarpGirl wrote:When I lose my temper you'll know it.

I don't think so. And I don't think I will put you into this condition. No. Surely not. Ave Caesar, ego te saluto.

michelle
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby michelle » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:12 pm

I've always really liked the whole "I'm Vulcan" reasoning behind T'Pol's certainty it was their child. I like to think that her explanation for being so certain came after.

Why I like it is, for me, it explains a more logical reason behind the sudden increase in Bond activity. Trip's absence was never really a good enough reason as to why trip and tpol suddenly had such a deep connection they could literally have brain conversations. Or why T'Pol had such a strong change of heart, how long was Trip gone? a few days?

I like the idea that the neuro pressure and sex bonded them but it was a tenuous link that would need more intamcy and time to grow. But the presence of their childrens consiousness coming into existance and connecting to their mothers mind, binds T'Pol to their father and her bond mate in a much more intense way, and solidifying their bond.

I like to think that this is the reason T'Pol seems so baffelled by the bond and its strength, surely she knows about mate bonds and how they are formed, but when she's tying to help him understand why he's immune to the Orions, she seems as clueless as Trip, as though she'd just read a book on Vulcan mating to help explain what's going on.

T'Pol then equate the sudden increase in their bond intensity, and her increased desire to have him in her life to the existance of a child and she just knows, because she's Vulcan.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”