Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Would Trip do Karaoke

Yes. And he'd ROCK!
17%
Yes. But it would not be pretty.
11%
Yes. If he were drunk.
33%
NO WAY! A guy has to have some dignity. Remember Risa?
39%

Total votes: 18

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: First Poll Question!

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Alelou wrote:
WarpGirl wrote:There is nothing undignified about Karaoke if you are sober, and not tone deaf! I am quite adept at karaoke and always dignified.

With all due respect, WG, "dignified" and "karaoke" never belong in the same sentence.

Exactly!

Now I have terrible flashbacks of Angel singing "Mandy"! *shudders*
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:24 pm

I have never felt so sorry for people about such a meaningless thing before in my life. Karaoke can be wonderful!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Escriba wrote:
panyasan wrote: :guffaw: :guffaw: I just have this vision of a singing and drunk Malcolm, singing ABBA-songs....

I had a scene in a short story, where Porthos eats Trip and T'Pol's wedding rings, in which Archer asks Malcolm and Hoshi to distract the guests in the church while he finds a way to recover the rings and when he comes back it's like:

TRIP: Is Malcolm using a candelabra as a fake guitar?
ERIKA: Are they singing on the altar?
ARCHER: Is that ABBA?

:guffaw: Where can I find this story?
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Yeah why don't I know about it? ABBA fan here! Still, I can't believe some people think Karaoke is only for making fools of people. Some of the only times my sister and I got along was singing Karaoke.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:02 pm

That could be an intriguing plot, but only if, while Trip doing Terran Karaoke, T'Pol was doing VULCAN karaoke. :twisted:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:05 pm

So you're saying you WON'T like it if T'Pol doesn't sing? :roll: But it's TRIP'S moment! But at least you're not a Karaoke downer.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Asso wrote:That could be an intriguing plot, but only if, while Trip doing Terran Karaoke, T'Pol was doing VULCAN karaoke. :twisted:
Vulcan karaoke - sing a long with the monks of Mount Seleya? :-P
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:09 pm

pdsldl Really? I didn't think it was a case of being shy I thought it was a case of being over eager. I've always thought of Trip as a bit of a good time Charlie literally!

The why the need for the god-awful shirts to attract attention to himself. He was insecure about himself and I can't see him putting himself out there to be humiliated by singing in public, unless he was blotto. And if the person, who I assume would be T'Pol, he's romantically involved with were present no way.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Actually that could be pretty. A meditation chant. That could be so pretty. Panyasan I LOVE YOU! You just gave me an idea. :idea:

pdlsdl OR he could just like hideous shirts. Some people LIKE Hawian shirts. Some people think they're funny, some people think they're pretty. I'm thinking Trip liked the Kitch factor, and just was trying to annoy T'Pol. Not overcompansating for self-esteem issues. God that thought is a downer. He's not nutty yet, that was BEFORE his life went to hell. You and I do not agree about his self esteem. He likes to HAVE FUN!

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Well, you don't have to take that wrong, WarpGirl, but it's difficult to think such logical people like Vulcans can sing (now you should understand that I'm saying the exact opposite of what I'm persuaded , unless.... they don't want to give free course to their emotions, sometimes.
So if Trip does Karaoke, probably the Bond might be able to make T'Pol do the same.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Are you joking? You have to be joking, Vulcans LOVE music, Tuvok played the flute and sang a lullaby to his children that was 438 verses long. T'Pol was origionally supposed to SING a Vulcan Lullaby to Elizabeth in Terra Prime. Now do I believe T'Pol would sing privately? YES! At a bar with the in-laws maybe not. But the point is, in my idea Trip is with his FAMILY the people he feels safe with, and his WIFE, he should be able to let lose and have fun.

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Alelou wrote: Can't speak to Connor, though.

Connor sang a Bon Jovi song with two girls at the Stargate Convention in Chicago in August. I wasn't there :banghead: :banghead: - I left already. Pretty sure he had an adult beverage....or two. Since Connor said that there's a lot of himself in Trip, I betcha he would do Karoke after a few drinks.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:34 pm

He's had Voice training, nearly every actor has it. Even if they can't sing, they have it so they can do accents. You learn that watching Inside The Actor's Studio. Most schools require it.

I jusr can't believe how many people think Karaoke is demeening. The idea never occured to me in any serious way. I've been doing Karaoke with my family and friends since I was 15! I never feel more free and powerful doing it. It's made me sad that others don't experience that.

Fics

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:06 am

I voted yes and that he'd rock, because I believe that he has a decent voice and that he would love to sing in the company of friends and if he's having a good time. Nothing undignified about a good song.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:09 am

HAPPY DANCE! OMG I was beginning to think I was alone in my love of Karaoke. Seriously CT can sing, I think he hummed in Precious Cargo didn't he? And he loves music Congenitor and he plays the harmonica.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”