The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Trip and T'Pol's future in the relaunch novels - Your Though

Postby Jedikatie » Fri May 25, 2007 10:08 pm

Okay, this thread is supposed to be about Trip and T'Pol's future in the relaunch novels. Not other posters, not the Archer/T'Pol fans or their views on *the_abomination* or anything else. Some people don't think they'll be together and that's what they got from the novel. That's fine. Others think they will be, and that's something they got from the novels as well.

If you want to have an OT discussion, then I suggest you take it to PM.

If you don't want to discuss their future "together" as a couple in the novels--then I suggest, why don't you try discussing what specifically for each character you hope they address in the future relaunch novels. But if you want to talk about them as a couple, then PLEASE do so respectfully.

Also, to clarify--

NO quoting posts from other boards without the original author's permission. NO making fun of people who aren't Trip/T'Pol fans, and NO disrespecting your fellow TnT fans' views just because they don't necessarily agree with your own.

And that goes for every single thread on this board. NO BASHING of other 'ships, NO BASHING of other posters (or people who are not members here and cannot defend themselves).

It's a TnT site, so it's a pretty good guess that most (if not all) of us are fans of that couple. But that doesn't mean that this site is a "bash anyone who doesn't like TnT" site. If you want to do that, then I suggest you go over to TrekBBS Enterprise forum and see for yourself what kind of board you're going to end up with if you continue down that path. Be sure and read the "rules" they have exclusively for the Enterprise forum 'shippers while you're there. And read the Archer/T'Pol thread, if you can find it, there--the first 30+ pages of it is full of the "bash the Trip and/or TnT fans" type of replies instead of talking about the positives they saw in their stated preference, which whether we agree or not, they are entitled to have.

I personally would rather talk about our couple, both the positive and negative things, what we think might have been improved in the show, things we didn't like that they did (or didn't do) on the show, and yes, about what we would have liked to have seen for them.

Got it? Good.

I now return you to your thread.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri May 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Right, so "STFU CX!" I read you, loud and clear. Mad

Jedikatie
Commander
Commander

Postby Jedikatie » Fri May 25, 2007 10:20 pm

CX, it was directed at everyone, not just you.

I'm getting tired of reading the constant negative attitude towards other 'ships, etc., on this board, and I would point out to those who haven't noticed that 30+ people didn't return after the back up database was put into place earlier this month after the original went bye-bye. I know we had over 100 members before the crash.

I'd think long and hard about why those people didn't come back. Negative attitudes are a very good deterrent to people deciding whether a site is worth visiting or not. It's certainly a reason why I don't bother to read startrek.com, and it's a factor in why I severely limit what I do read on TrekBBS.
Was this the army that invaded your country, ma'am? No, officer, they were taller than that...

How about this one? I'm not sure--get them to march up and down a bit...

(From Terry Pratchett's Jingo)

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 am

CX wrote:Right, so "STFU CX!" I read you, loud and clear. Mad

C'mon CX. Nobody is picking on you. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's. Thing is, your opinion is just as subject to being shot down as anyone else's too. By all means, feel free to take pot shots at my opinion any time you please. Rigil does it all the time Very Happy

Ain't nobody trying to get personal here. Remember, this ain't HoT. This is TriS. Totally different board with different mods. Breathe. When in doubt, step away for a few minutes. That's what I do.

Besides, I find that backhanded irony gets under people's hides faster and more thoroughly than direct confrontation anyway. Smile
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat May 26, 2007 7:17 am

I need to finish this damn book (TGTMD) so I can discuss it... Sad
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 26, 2007 1:19 pm

To Shakabutt and to boushh.

I am aware “than there are fans who want to see other stuff than Trip and T'Pol and that the authors try to please everybody”.
Nevertheless, TGTMD trying to maintain consistency with the abomination and I think that the abomination was unwelcome to much guys, not only to myself or to those like me (But, logically, I can blunder).
For these reasons I find difficult to appreciate a story (TGTMD) that it is based on a story like the abomination.
However I want to be clear: these thoughts are only mine (or perhaps of someone other).
Besides, really I think that TGTMD is worse of a lot of stories that I read, not only on Trip and T’Pol, in the style, in the ideas, in the characters and so on (but, again, these thoughts are only mine, or perhaps of someone other).
So, I think that they all understand why I find difficult to appreciate the future which will spring from TGTMD.
However I am of your opinion: “This is the first book from the relaunch, nobody knows what that future is for either of them”, and perhaps that future will please also me (I hope).

Honestly, it would please me write stories and not only to read them. The ideas there are, but the English language is not the mine (I think that you understand that) and besides I think to be a good reader but an awful writer.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Sat May 26, 2007 4:58 pm

First ,i like to say i'm sory for bashing the other ship like that in my previous posts ,i get carried away sometimes Smile ,won't happen again .

Now ,i just sent an email 2 days ago to Andy Mangels ,i said i liked the book ,that it was more interesting than LFM ,i asked him how was TGTMD received by the audience from his POV ,and i asked him if Trip will play a part in the future novels .
So today i received his response ,he said that the book was received better than expected in his opinion,and he said that Trip along with Valdore and the romulans will play a big part on the next novel ,wich will be the trigger for the Romulan War .

I didn't asked him anthyng about Trip and T'Pol ,i didn't even said i was a fan of Trip,most certainlly he would have told me what i wanted to hear Smile.
But if Trip iz gonna play a big part in the next novel i'm pretty happy Smile

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Sat May 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks Shakabutt for the Andy Mangels news this is exciting I wanted to see more about Trip and Valdore and the Romulans. This is so exciting that it continues the story in the 3 part Earth/Romulan series. Very Happy
Last edited by Reanok on Sat May 26, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Elessar wrote:I need to finish this damn book (TGTMD) so I can discuss it... Sad

Me too! Actually I haven't even started reading it yet. Embarassed
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Zane Gray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Zane Gray » Sat May 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Get busy kids! That's what long holiday weekends are for.
Zane Gray

"I'll see you again after this Romulan business is finished. I promise."

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 26, 2007 6:38 pm

^ Hey, I work and have no long holiday weekends. In fact, my holiday leave probably won't come around until late July at the earliest.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sun May 27, 2007 5:46 pm

I haven't read any of the relaunch novels. I was waiting so I didn't inadvertantly plagiarize with my Virtual Season Six. Now that I'm wrapping things up, I'm not sure I want to read them. Maybe I'll feel differently when I lay my own story to rest, but the idea of Trip as a surgically altered spy against the Romulans just sounds so farfetched. I'm not sure I can suspend disbelief quite that far. I guess I'll just start with the three foot high stack of non-ST related novels I've been saving for the past two years by my bedside to read after this fanfic thing runs its course and go from there.
Image sig by chrisis1033

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Sun May 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Distracted wrote:Maybe I'll feel differently when I lay my own story to rest, but the idea of Trip as a surgically altered spy against the Romulans just sounds so farfetched.

Er. We're talking about a show that impregnates men and has a puffer-fish for a doctor...
Writing as TrekPyro.

aeverett
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby aeverett » Mon May 28, 2007 1:22 am

Distracted wrote:Maybe I'll feel differently when I lay my own story to rest, but the idea of Trip as a surgically altered spy against the Romulans just sounds so farfetched. I'm not sure I can suspend disbelief quite that far.
That's the thing, Trip wasn't just surgically altered, he was genetically resequenced. He gets a boost in lifespan even if he goes back to his old sequence when his missions are done. Section 31 paid for the total package on Trip, so that he could go through your run of the mill military scanners and come up 'Romulan'. He didn't just get his ears stretched and his butt pushed out the door. This was a very thourough proceedure. It was my favorite part of TGTMD.

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Mon May 28, 2007 12:10 pm

aeverett wrote:
Distracted wrote:Maybe I'll feel differently when I lay my own story to rest, but the idea of Trip as a surgically altered spy against the Romulans just sounds so farfetched. I'm not sure I can suspend disbelief quite that far.
That's the thing, Trip wasn't just surgically altered, he was genetically resequenced. He gets a boost in lifespan even if he goes back to his old sequence when his missions are done. Section 31 paid for the total package on Trip, so that he could go through your run of the mill military scanners and come up 'Romulan'. He didn't just get his ears stretched and his butt pushed out the door. This was a very thourough proceedure. It was my favorite part of TGTMD.

Smile Damn, now I'll have to buy it! And I hate spending money, but from the sounds of this book, I'll make an exception.
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”