The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

pdsldl
Captain
Captain
Show On Map: No

Paxton's goal

Postby pdsldl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm in the middle of a story line that involves Terra Prime and while it is AU and veers off canon it did get to me thinking about what Paxton's plans for baby Elizabeth were. He implied she would not survive but what he planned was never really laid out. To my way of thinking having a cute baby live for several months and then die served no purpose. It might give his followers or other like-minded folks a rallying point but I woulld also think it would infuriate as many on the other side and maybe even some undecideds who would see such an act as barbaric.

I realize he was insane but warped or not there still had to be some kind of plan.
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Paxton's goal

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Paxton was bent on showing that Trip and T-Pol or any other interspecies reelatonship that ended in a hybred child was the death knell for the human species.

He was something like that col Green. He never deviated from his beliefss by thinking. He just had this thing that butned im up.

Paxton was dangerous because he had a following as all of his type seem to grow.

Elisabeth was just a pawn and an expendable pawn when her usefulness was over for him.

Doubt if he even considered that she could become a rallying point for those who opposed him and his beliefs and methods.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I concur with Silverbullet. And I would also add that by deliberately screwing up her genetics, Paxton planned to use her as evidence that alien DNA was harmful to human DNA, and therefore interspecies procreation is abhorent. And those who mate with aliens are devient and should be eliminated. Great Topic, Terra Prime is so often ignored.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 pm

That's my problem. He was crazy but was he so screwed up that he believed scientists/doctors would not discover that he purposely had her genetics altered? Phlox discovered the flaw after what a day or two and Paxton couldn't have believed he could just present a child have her die and no one was going to question why?
Always Follow Your Heart

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:29 pm

I think that Phlox said that the Doctors who engineered Elozabeth had made a mistake in the cloning process. so it was not deliberate.

HOwever, Paxton indeed intended for Elizabeth to die. Yes, he was going to use that as a reason that Humans and Vulcans DNA could not mix and that interspecies would only produce a hybred that couldn't live behong infancy.

Warpgirl you are right good topic. Terra Prime can use some good fanfics.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Yeah but I think he was planning on taking over the world. I mean why do all that if you're not. Personally loved the idea hated the fact that it just died out wioth no explanation. Then again no build up either. Typical ENT! :roll:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:37 pm

If they hadn't intentionally screwed up in the cloning process then he'd have had to be intending to do something else to bring about her death and make it look like it was because she was a hybrid. Maybe it's just my own moral compass that won't allow me to see how doing that would accomplish anything. Whatever his plan it wasn't going to happen in a vacuum where no one else would be able to verify that her death wasn't caused by something else. And I still think he would have created more problems using an innocent child to further his movement. People may hate the idea of the mixing of species but she, except for the ears, looked to cute and human to be seen as some terrible threat.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Nah it was deliberate it says so at the end of Terra Prime as to the logic of the plan I have to blame it on poorly thought out script writing, it should have been an Arc. Not a two-parter.

Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Surprise, surprise. They should have ditched the Mirror episodes and expanded on the Terra Prime/Coalition. Never understood wasting two episodes that had no impact on the real universe when you knew you were canceled. Stargate Atlantis did the same thing with that stupid Las Vegas episode at the end of their run too.

They really dropped the ball on this if it was intentional. If Paxton thought he could make people believe she died because she was a hybrid and not be found out then that was no longer possible once T'Pol was given the DNA. Paxton didn't seem fazed by that at all. He acted as if all was going according to plan. In fact he seemed rather cocky when he walked away from T'Pol after she'd threatened to expose his illness and treatments.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Yeah the Vegas ep in SGA made no sense but DANG! If brooding bad*** Sheppered wasn't sexy as all HECK! :drool: Trip too come to think of it. But the MU was a bit of a waste and I can't imagine why they put it there. :? As for Paxton I say make it up. But you can't tell me Terra Prime just died out.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 pm

IIRC, they had planned to end the season with a three-parter but at the last minute B&B waved their old *the_abomination* story and said "Nope, you can only have two episodes since we're going to do the finale". So some things probably got lost as Manny Coto et al. had to cram a three-part story into two parts.

As for Paxton, he was an extremist nutcase, so I doubt he thought that a cute hybrid baby would have the opposite effect than the one he believed.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:57 pm

She was more than cute she was beautiful. All babies are cute even ones that are not so photogenic. What kills me about the whole thing is ENT continually seemed to sabatouge itself. Oh well... Paxton was insane but he had the potential to be smart. Like I said make it up.

Fics

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Warpgirl I am making it up. I can't bring myself to use an innocent 6 month old baby and then have her die, especially when it seems pointless to me on every possible level. I guess I was looking for some reasonable way to justify what we got as canon with Terra Prime and the baby but I can't so I'm going to go with my gut and do something that makes sense to me.

And I agree Sheppard was sexy in that episode and many others. I just object to the waste of the episode to further the ongoing story. In both cases they just stuck in totally disconnected episodes that had no bearing on anything other than giving the actors the opportunity to play their characters in a new and different way.
Always Follow Your Heart

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 pm

That's good. Do what feels right. Me, I can come up with some evil diabolical reasoning. Not beacuse I'm evil though I just overthink.

Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Well, if you put yourself in those extremists' minds *shudder* Elizabeth wasn't Human. That's all what they needed, if something isn't Human, then you're not doing anything wrong.

I think Paxton had planned one of this two things:

1. Create a baby that was going to die to proof alien/human relationships are doomed (and don't worry about some scientific proving her DNA was screwed; I'm sure he had Scientists of his own.)

2. Raise the child and turn her into a monster (very intelligent but very cruel) just to proof that nothing good comes from alien/Human relationships.

Or create an army of Elizabeth's clones. Ah, no, sorry, that was just in my mind :D

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”