Video Thread Up!

Post all your music videos, links, and discussion here!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Video Thread Up!

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:34 am

Alelou wrote:And here's a very cool new video from Boushh -- "Miss Independent."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L24EuqPzV0

This one is awesome. It is without a doubt the BEST T'Pol centric video I have ever seen. Of course, it helps that I've always loved the song. Boushh ought to enter this one in a fan video contest. The match with the song is flawless...and she did the whole thing without even using the famous "butt shot"! (My husband noticed. :lol: ) An impressive achievement.
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:48 am

Alelou wrote:This is hysterical!! -- it's a parody of Archer/T'Pol. The operative word is PARODY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAOYUA2ROGw

I'd find it funny if I also didn't find it so disturbing (mainly because of oo-mox and Tolaris).

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Distracted wrote:
Alelou wrote:And here's a very cool new video from Boushh -- "Miss Independent."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L24EuqPzV0

This one is awesome. It is without a doubt the BEST T'Pol centric video I have ever seen. Of course, it helps that I've always loved the song. Boushh ought to enter this one in a fan video contest. The match with the song is flawless...and she did the whole thing without even using the famous "butt shot"! (My husband noticed. :lol: ) An impressive achievement.

Uh... what is the famous butt shot? (My husband is no help with Enterprise, darn it.)

I wonder where one could download this one... or Escriba's, for that matter.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Alelou wrote:Uh... what is the famous butt shot? (My husband is no help with Enterprise, darn it.)

I could be wrong, but I think is the one in "Harbinger", when T'Pol takes off her robe.

Alelou wrote:I wonder where one could download this one... or Escriba's, for that matter.

Well, for mine you just have to ask, I'll gladly make them downloadable (does this word exist?) For the others videos that are in youtube... you can try "aTube Catcher". I use it, it's free, easy and gives no problems (at least to me). Here: aTube Catcher

The quality isn't the best (the same as in youtube), but I think you could try it.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

I use KeepVid myself. You can download the video on .flv or .mp4 there. I use another converter to get them into my iPod.

And yup, the butt-shot is the Harbinger scene where T'Pol drops her robe.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Escriba wrote:
Alelou wrote:Uh... what is the famous butt shot? (My husband is no help with Enterprise, darn it.)

I could be wrong, but I think is the one in "Harbinger", when T'Pol takes off her robe.

Oh, duh. Jeez, I hope this isn't a sign of senility.

Escrba wrote:
Alelou wrote:I wonder where one could download this one... or Escriba's, for that matter.

Well, for mine you just have to ask, I'll gladly make them downloadable (does this word exist?) For the others videos that are in youtube... you can try "aTube Catcher". I use it, it's free, easy and gives no problems (at least to me). Here: aTube Catcher

The quality isn't the best (the same as in youtube), but I think you could try it.

I'm not a huge fan of the YouTube quality, so if there's a better place to grab your last one, Escriba, I would be delighted. If you submit it to fanfic here maybe we can host it. But I might try one of these other programs too. I seem to be turning into a media junkie in my advancing years.
Image.Image

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Alelou wrote:... If you submit it to fanfic here maybe we can host it.

Please! :)
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 pm

For my last one, the link I gave when I had problems with youtube still works. So you just would have to "right click" and "save as". Here is the link: We might as well be strangers

About youtube quality, yes, I'm with you, it's not the best (and it has an uncanny gift to mess up with some of my videos' timing), I was just suggesting an emergency solution :D

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Yeah, I have noticed it puts blips in where no blips exist.

My apologies, though. I had already downloaded it but WMP refused to see it. I just backed it into my playlist...
Image.Image

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:35 pm

I didn't see this till today (I mean, there is other video called "Collide" that I know, but not this one): Trip and T'Pol collide

And this is one of my favorites about T'Pol: Goodbye Logik It's in German, but the lyrics are translated and transcribed in the information part.

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 pm

Alelou wrote:My apologies, though. I had already downloaded it but WMP refused to see it. I just backed it into my playlist...

Really? That's strange. I dont' have any idea what it can be, it works for me. God knows what fails now :?

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Boushh entered her new video for the Enterprise video contest at Creation convention in Las vegas.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Escriba wrote: And this is one of my favorites about T'Pol: Goodbye Logik It's in German, but the lyrics are translated and transcribed in the information part.

"SIGH!"
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Reanok wrote:Boushh entered her new video for the Enterprise video contest at Creation convention in Las vegas.
Cool! I'll be there! :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Escriba wrote:I didn't see this till today (I mean, there is other video called "Collide" that I know, but not this one): Trip and T'Pol collide

And this is one of my favorites about T'Pol: Goodbye Logik It's in German, but the lyrics are translated and transcribed in the information part.

Yep, I like them both, though I wouldn't put the latter on my playlist because it's not a song I care for (though the lyrics are indeed extremely apt).

Another video I like in that category is "Door Inside a Door," though that one does (just barely) make my playlist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjFqniY3OOk

It's not playing for me at the moment, though.
Image.Image

Return to “Music Video Threads”