Archer - Dweeb or Hero?

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Archer - Dweeb or Hero?

Postby Asso » Sat May 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote: Now I feel like an old man!

YOU FEEL LIKE AN OLD MAN?!?!? I...I...I... :censored: :censored: :censored:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Asso wrote:

Well, if some one is young at heart, it's you, Asso. :D
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Sorry. I can't reply. I have to cease to smile so foolishly. :hug:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 pm

Asso wrote:

Compared to some of the young'uns here, yes indeed! :raspberry:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 am

While watching Augment Arc I now finally understand why people refer to season 4 Archer as "super Archer" and it's even worse then sissy Archer because he's not letting the crew do their jobs! Malcolm should have been kicking behind, that's his job. Jeeze this is irritating.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed May 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey at 61, I must be about the oldest fan on this site. But I can still beat my 17 year old granddaughter running down the street to the ice cream vendor....three out of ten times. :mrgreen: :lol:

Captains I like in order of my liking: Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Kirk, Archer. Despite some episodes where I thought Janeway not acting like I would want her to, it was Star Trek finally having a series featuring a female captain that drew me seriously into Star Trek fandom.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed May 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Linda my grandmother can do that to my 24 year old sister and she's 75! Not me I'm in a wheelchair I never win,, but I eat the most. 8) I really loved Janeway, yeah she made mistakes but with all of the pressure she was under it made sense. Even the stupid holo-bartender made sense it was just WRONG! Archer forgot the had a CREW behind him, and he rarely used them. It's insufferable.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 12, 2009 5:01 am

Hey sorry for the double post. As many people may know there was a "Trekathon" on sci-fi channel last thursday and friday. I watched most of it, (no way I get out of bed before 9:00) and I've got to say it solidified my absolute HATRED and CONTEMPT for Captain Jonathan Archer. Although I really loved some of the preformances from the cast in general, (especially Trip!) OMG "Cogenator" got me so mad I scared my pets with my screaming. When Trip tells Archer that he only did what Archer himself would do and that JERK denied it I completely FREAKED! It was EXACTLY what Archer would have done if he had felt that it was wrong. And then to tell Trip that he not only in effect murdered the Cogenator but also a child who hadn't even been concieved was not being a good Captain or a good friend. However, CT's acting was top-notch! As good as Brent Spinner doing DATA. And to me Brent Spinner was the best Trek actor after Lenord Nimoy.

The final nail in my coffin for Archer was the episode "Damage" Where does he get off becoming a pirate stealing an INNOCENT non-threatening species warp coil? :evil: HELLO! This is not an act of heroism. And to make matters worse, T'Pol is the only one who says anything and they make her appologize and take it back!!! My God Kirk would have found some bad guys to steal from. Finally he decides to send a comatose Hoshi on a mission when she was captured, tortured, and infected with Xindi parasites, knowing full well it will likely kill her. OK fine but to make Phlox stay on Enterprise is not only cruel but stupid. I'm surprised they paid the writers for such garbage. Anyway nobody will EVER convince me that Archer is a "good guy!"

Fics

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Tue May 12, 2009 5:42 pm

I completely agree with you about Cogenitor but not so much about the Xindi episodes. Archer did some condemnable things there, but he had to. He could not wait for bad guys to appear and he had to use Hoshi, even if she was going to die. He had Earth to save and I understand him. What would have been nice to see at the end of S3 would be a episode about his guilt and remorse and how he copes with them instead of two eps with space nazis. Then he would be more likeable.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Sorry he's a war criminal! "The end always justifies the means," is archaic. He could have found a way. There is nothing redeemable about what he did.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue May 12, 2009 6:16 pm

anaM wrote:I completely agree with you about Cogenitor but not so much about the Xindi episodes. Archer did some condemnable things there, but he had to. He could not wait for bad guys to appear and he had to use Hoshi, even if she was going to die. He had Earth to save and I understand him. What would have been nice to see at the end of S3 would be a episode about his guilt and remorse and how he copes with them instead of two eps with space nazis. Then he would be more likeable.

That's what Archer's plot line in "Home" is about and I thought they did a fairly creditable job of it, though I think we should have seen a much longer process over multiple episodes for him to really come to terms with what he'd done. And yes, it was wrong, and he knew it -- they all knew it -- but he would have done it again, and Earth still existed because he did. It sure as hell wasn't pretty, but war isn't pretty.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 12, 2009 6:26 pm

But there were other ways. That's what kills me about his actions. Do I think he needed to save Earth? YES! Of course I do. Do I think he had to resort to murdering clones and piracy? No way.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue May 12, 2009 6:34 pm

No, Alelou, you never will convince me that war is war.
If you cede to this thought, little by little you will begin to believe that all can be justified, that "The end justifies the means".
And you have to think that it was an Italian, who said this.
Machiavelli: il fine giustifica i mezzi.
He was wrong.

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Tue May 12, 2009 6:47 pm

You are sure that your compatriot was wrong Asso? War is bad because it makes you do bad things. If it was polite and clean and you played by the rules it would be an athletic game. I don't believe that ever in history a war was won nicely.
And calling Archer a pirate yes, but a war criminal? In reality he saved Earth avoiding a war. (Well, I never thought I would try to justify Archer :? )

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 pm

AnaM, it's because people believe Machiavelli has some reasons (obviously even without knowing him) that wars exist.
We have to fight against this.
And do you want to know what I think? The simple fact that Authors made Archer act the way he had to act... this fact makes me extremely suspicious about their intentions.

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”