Star Trek: Foundations (temp thread)

Romulans, phase-inverters, friendships, OH MY!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Show On Map: No

Re: Star Trek: Foundations (temp thread)

Postby hth2k » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:59 am

While I am also thoroughly unamused at taking the summer break in the middle of this episode that apparently is what they chose to do.

Perhaps they wish to take the summer off to do something in RL. One would hope the time is used to good advantage.

Who knows, come September I may or may not have any interest.

Whatever,

HtH

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:15 am

Um ... it takes some time to actually write these since its a group effort. We're basically coordinating our efforts to lend each other assistance as needed while developing the overall season arc(s) and storylines. Then there is the matter of all of the people involved having other things going on with our lives at the same time. For example, I've been trying to finish up a later episode in this season for nearly two months now, but I keep getting distracted with real life (which generally sucks. Have I mentioned my car?) and with my Endeavour stuff. One of the writers on our team who is working on an episode for season 1 is active duty military and has recently been deployed; needless to say, this complicates matters significantly. The rest of us on the writing team are students, so that too is a factor.

These things don't write themselves, and (unfortunately) writing them also doesn't pay the bills. Alas ...

blackn'blue wrote:
Rigil Kent wrote:Tambourin Chinois on Barnes & Noble (not the full version)

Tambourin Chinois on YouTube if that doesn't work.

That is some seriously beautiful music.

I completely agree. I've loved this piece since I first heard it in high school (one of my best friends was learning the violin and she insisted that I be her audience when she ... practiced. I'd mostly forgotten about this particular piece (since we had gone our separate ways after school) until I started doing research for decent violin pieces ... thus, this one has some sentimental value...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby hth2k » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:23 am

Uhhh, perhaps you missed the second line?

My disgruntled state is not due to hiatus, rather where things are left. But that is probably just me and likely of little to no consequence.

As stated previously hopefully the time is being used to good advantage.

I am well aware of the dedication and work involved in creating these works we enjoy.

Perchance my current state of interest or potential lack thereof is related to things unrelated to this discussion. No criticisms of any individuals efforts are
intended nor implied. I have nothing but the greatest respect for those creative types bringing us these marvelous stories.

HtH

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:26 pm

well... i suppose i can wait... stupid rl (insert melodramtic music here)

At least it'll be a nice birthday present!
--
I got hugged

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:52 am

I thought it would be better to leave off on a cliffhanger for dramatic reasons, sort of like it was an actual show. ight now there's really only three episodes that could be considered "ready to air", and the conclusion to this is one of them. That leaves eight for this season to do. Four are "in progress", but it's slow going because of various RL reasons. I had to stop because of end of semester stuff, and now I just haven't been able to really get myself to write again. Plus I don't have as much time now between work and family stuff. Anywho, I hope this keeps interest up enough so when we come back in September there will still be some people around to read it. Razz

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:25 am

This is an official notice to inform everyone that the mid-season one hiatus has begun.  We will return on September 14th with the conclusion to the mid-season cliffhanger.  Hope everyone has a great summer. Smile

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby hth2k » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:54 am

Nothing to see here until mid-September. Move along.

Cool

HtH

Kenshin
Imager

Postby Kenshin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:39 pm

I really enjoyed that last episode. T'Pol's voice over was great and the TnT interaction too. Looking forward to part 2.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:54 am

CX wrote:“Soli” Foundations episode #11. Story by Rigil Kent and CJ Sitter. Screenplay by Rigil Kent. Script first released on 8 June 2007.
7 January 2153. T’Pol makes a status report to Ambassador Soval regarding recent events aboard Enterprise.

Sorry for not reviewing this until now... Embarassed

Anyway, I really liked this one. Unlike your previous remakes of real ENT episodes, this one was sufficiently different from Breaking the Ice to come of as novel. I'm not even sure that the contents of the letter to T'Pol will be about a pending wedding with Koss. I guess we'll find out in the second part (damn you for making us wait... Bitch). And having a wormhole instead of a comet was a better idea.

It was interesting to see things from T'Pol's POV for a change, and how she reflects on her assignment on board the EX-01, and the people there.

Being an ardent TnTer I loved the scenes between Trip and T'Pol. It shows a nice, if perhaps a bit sudden, progression in their relationship. Especially the scene with him playing the violin was really nice. It also killed one of the Southern stereotypes, as you didn't have him playing the harmonica. And it's a violin, not a fiddle... hehe!

I really hated Cap'n Asshole... I mean Archer in this episode. What a jerk! I think you perhaps overdid it. I understand that he doesn't like Vulcans or having T'Pol on board, but as Trip pointed out to him, he should suck it up and be a professional about it. He was also acting worse than we've seen him before, so it doesn't jive with what we now see. I hope this will be explained - it seems there is an "anniversary" of sorts, maybe the death of Henry Archer?

And I wonder about T'Lyr and her relation to T'Pol. Clearly she's noticed things between Trip and T'Pol but I suspect there is more to it and her dislike of her fellow Vulcan. Is she Koss's sister or something?

Oh, the Reed and Trip scene was good. They're now more like friends and Mal is still teasing about T'Pol's pretty bum! Drool Heh!

A question, is there a real Morris-Thorne space/time bridge theory, or were you just making that up?

I'll give this 8 T'Bums on my 10-graded scale.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:28 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:Sorry for not reviewing this until now... :blushing:

Unacceptable. SMACK! Razz

Being an ardent TnTer I loved the scenes between Trip and T'Pol. It shows a nice, if perhaps a bit sudden, progression in their relationship.

Given the amount of time that has passed, it didn't seem logical (pardon the pun) for Trip to still have the chip on his shoulder he started out with. He's gotten to know Polly a bit better, and we have been building toward this (like in Solitude wherein he apologizes 'cause he realizes he was wrong, and a couple of other instances where they work well together.) He doesn't have the deep-rooted antipathy toward Vulcans that Jon does, after all. I guess for people accustomed to the 6 season ship nonsense of most Trek, it may seem sudden, but he's worked alongside her for almost a year now (even if only half a season has passed). If he was still a total asshole, it would make him seem childish IMO...

Especially the scene with him playing the violin was really nice. It also killed one of the Southern stereotypes, as you didn't have him playing the harmonica. And it's a violin, not a fiddle... hehe!

As a guy who was born and basically grew up in the South who doesn't like catfish or plays the harmonica (I do like pecan pie, though), I hate those stupid stereotypes. It was my hope that this adjustment would be received well, and I've known quite a lot of people who play up the "good ole boy" when they're making fun of themselves, so it seemed like something he would do. I'm pretty sure that the violin thing was my suggested revision of something CX wanted to do that I, as a born and bred Southerner, saw as something of a stereotype. So, it worked.

I really hated Cap'n Asshole... I mean Archer in this episode. What a jerk! I think you perhaps overdid it. I understand that he doesn't like Vulcans or having T'Pol on board, but as Trip pointed out to him, he should suck it up and be a professional about it. He was also acting worse than we've seen him before, so it doesn't jive with what we now see. I hope this will be explained - it seems there is an "anniversary" of sorts, maybe the death of Henry Archer?

Nah. We just decided to make him a super asshole 'cause we know that the fans would love it. Next, he dons a cape and ... what? Oh. Right. Yeah, it'll be explained.

And I wonder about T'Lyr and her relation to T'Pol. Clearly she's noticed things between Trip and T'Pol but I suspect there is more to it and her dislike of her fellow Vulcan. Is she Koss's sister or something?

No comment.

A question, is there a real Morris-Thorne space/time bridge theory, or were you just making that up?

Morris-Thorne. I'm not a big fan of just making crap up (unless I have to) so, when I incorporate something like that, I do some research first...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:12 am

Sub-Commander T'Lyr
virtually played by Patricia Velasquez

and just for the hell of it...

Lieutenant Rakee Garla
virtually played by Rekha Sharma

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:38 am

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:02 am

What a terrific review! Congratulations!

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks. :)

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:58 am

Tell me something I didn't already know. :D

Great to see others beyond our gates also appreciate your work! Eagerly awaiting the second half of the season!
--
I got hugged

Return to “Non-Ship Fanfiction”