Postby TPoptarts » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 am

Yay Dylan that's awesome :mrgreen: :D
ImageImage

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: The Happy News thread

Postby Asso » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:52 am

Bether6074 wrote:That's great, Linda! :) I can see why you're so proud of him. Not only for being very intelligent with his invention, but also because he was so thoughtful of another person. That's really touching. Hope he does well at the science fair. :D

:D :D :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Okay now, here is a super shameless grandma type brag. :happyjump: :thumbsup: :happyjump: :D :D :D

Grandson Dylan won first place and a gold metal in the Milwaukee Indian Community School Science Fair about an hour ago as reported by my daughter. She is flying higher than the space shuttle right now. Dylan is trying to repress his excitement and act nanchalant about the whole thing (must be those emotion repressing Vulcan genes he inherited from me :lol:) and get through the rest of his school day. He will be going to Albuquerque in March for the national science fair competition. I think this science fair is for Native American kids only, but I will have to check on that. I will try to show photos of his display if I can get them later from my daughter.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:11 pm

:thumbsup: :happyjump: :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Sweet. :D

Tell him congrats from us.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:45 pm

YEAH! :thumbsup: I'm waiting for the pictures :popcorn:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:48 pm

that's fantastic Linda!
--
I got hugged

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:01 pm

I'll have some pictures soon of Dylan and his medal. My daughter wants to hold off on photos of the glove while she has a patent lawyer researching to see if the glove is unique enough to be patented.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:40 am

That's excellent, Linda! Imagine if he had a patent and his young age. :shock: But even if not, he (and you) have a lot to be proud of!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:00 pm

Here is Dylan in front of his science fair display right after he got his medal.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/B ... ybooth.jpg

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Notice that we combed his hair over his ear points so no one would know a Vulcan kid was competing with Humans. :lol:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Linda wrote:Notice that we combed his hair over his ear points so no one would know a Vulcan kid was competing with Humans. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Looks like he has a promising start in the field of engineering. :)

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:32 pm

I certainly hope so, CX! His ambition (from age 2 to age 13 according to my daughter) was to be an actor. I could just see him pushing burgers in Hollywood for thirty years, waiting for his big break. :lol: Well, in March it is on to the national competition in Albuquerque sponsored by the American Indian Science and Engineering Society. I don't know how many kids he will be competing against there, but there sure is a lot of talent among these Native kids for such a small population group!

Dylan's parents are meeting with a patent lawyer next Saturday to find out if the lawyer's research suggests whether a patent is possible.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:06 am

Congrats Linda and Dylan!

My happy news is that I finally finished knitting my first sweater and, despite a few errors (hidden by the beautiful colorway of the yarn), it actually looks good. And I'm addicted to this knitting thing-- I've got about three more projects in progress now (just no sweaters for at least a little while now...)
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Return to “General Chat”