Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Oh, did you watch the last episode of Season 1? That airplane episode is terrific.

I think people get greedy and that's why they blackmail. Or, at least, that's the motive we're supposed to attribute. There was another one of those in Season 4 and I thought, "*I* would high-tail it over to the police." Blackmail probably happens on TV more than it does in real life, though. Or at least, one can hope real people are smarter than some of their TV counterparts.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:04 am

Watching: Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

I can't stand Summer Glau though :? :? she's got like the most annoying voice ever. She sounds like someone who's trying to imitate baby talk and does a really bad job at it.

Um but what's with the timeline being all fritzed. I mean like she got pregnant in what 1984 right, then in 1991 John was 10?? :? :shock: And like then it's 1999 and he's 15?? And according to Kate Brewster in T3 he was like in 8th grade (IIRC) during T2 in 1991 which makes even less sense?? :? :? :? :? And then they travel to 2007 to stop Skynet from going online which is something that already happened like 4 years earlier?? And Robo-Glau says Sarah died of cancer like 2 years earlier in the original timeline which doesn't make any sense because in the original timeline she was supposed to be dead since 1997?? Like before this series even started??? I don't get it :? :? :?
ImageImage

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:40 am

TPoptarts wrote:Watching: Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

I can't stand Summer Glau though :? :? she's got like the most annoying voice ever. She sounds like someone who's trying to imitate baby talk and does a really bad job at it.

I'm the opposite. I love Summer Glau! :drool:

Um but what's with the timeline being all fritzed. I mean like she got pregnant in what 1984 right, then in 1991 John was 10?? :? :shock: And like then it's 1999 and he's 15?? And according to Kate Brewster in T3 he was like in 8th grade (IIRC) during T2 in 1991 which makes even less sense?? :? :? :? :? And then they travel to 2007 to stop Skynet from going online which is something that already happened like 4 years earlier?? And Robo-Glau says Sarah died of cancer like 2 years earlier in the original timeline which doesn't make any sense because in the original timeline she was supposed to be dead since 1997?? Like before this series even started??? I don't get it :? :? :?

The producers have stated that they will ignore T3, so anything that happened or was said to have happened in that movie is of no consequence for this TV series. They might use some of the ideas (like Sarah's cancer) but as it please them.

Also, T2 didn't take place in 1991 (even if it was filmed them). It took place in 1995.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:01 am

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:
TPoptarts wrote:Watching: Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

I'm the opposite. I love Summer Glau! :drool:

Bah I can't stand her. :upchuck: Looks don't play a part. I think she's annoying and also I don't think she's all that great an actress :? :? :? and like I just watched episode 3 last night with them going to school, like what the frell is up with that. I mean like when Robo-Glau is first introduced in the pilot she does a convincing human imitation like probably to fool not only John but also an unspoiled viewer, then like as soon as they know she's a robot she turns all robotic again?? And like when they go to school again she acts all robotic as if she's never even had a contact with humans let alone had been convincingly impersonating one before?? It just doesn't make sense :? :?: :dunno: :roll:
ImageImage

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Last weekend I was visiting relatives, so I got to just relax, and I watched 3 whole movies. I know I'm way behind the times, but two of them were great:

"Ray" about Ray Charles, in which Jamie Foxx totally BECAME Ray Charles. It was amazing acting that he got an Oscar for, I believe.

"Madea's Family Reunion" in which Tyler Perry plays Madea, dressing as an old lady. I thought it would be like a "Big Momma's House" but it was a terribly serious drama. I thought it was heartwarming. (I just googled it and find that most people thought it was stupid . . . . I'm surprised. Oh, well.)

Reading: "Marley and Me" about a dog! My mom gave me this book. (Same person who gave me the Alan Alda biography, "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed" which was a big hit with me and everyone else I lent it to.) I thought, a book about a dog. No, thank you, and let it sit. Then a freind recommended it and I went, Oh I have that book. Guess what? It's wonderful. Again, a very serious story about life with a very BAD psychotic dog. Written by a newspaper columnist, so it's also about his family life and very honest and serious.
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 am

Watching: a PBS program on Autralian parrots. My cat Frankie is glued to the screen. :D
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I've been reading some Trip & T'Pol Classic fanfiction from Ragua and Drogna great stories. I'm trying to get started on reading Hoshi's sis Unexpected Redux.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 am

evcake wrote:Watching: a PBS program on Autralian parrots. My cat Frankie is glued to the screen. :D
Wasn't that cool? I only caught the last 20 minutes, but I think some of those farmers wouldn't mind having Frankie and about 200 of his closest friends. ;) Personally, I was super impressed with the Little Drummer Parrot.

Reading: I just finished Red Sea, because I scooped up an advance copy for free at the local bookstore. (Love those sporadic giveaways!) It had a rather overkill amount of stronger language than I prefer, but the story was pretty good. I thought a cliche was coming, but it was like a train wreck because I couldn't stop reading. Cliche was closely averted. Anyway, if racing-to-stop-terrorists novels are your thing, you might like this one.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:16 am

Tonight's What are You has a knitting theme for me:

Reading: Friday Night Knitting Club. I picked this up when the author came to our local borders and our local yarn shop had a knit-in event for it. She read the first chapter and I was hooked. Great book so far.

Doing: Knitting my first hat. After the whole knitting a sweater thing, this shoooooould be a piece of cake. Also knitting a chain-link silk choker.
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Well, it is getting a bit cold around here, even for me. No one functions at their best when the wind chill if 40 below. So I am having a snuggle with my pet rabbit. Hmmm, warm rabbit fur. She won't come up on the couch (which my husband sees as a plus), so I drop down on the rug next to her. Ummm, warmmm ten pounds of rabbit! (used to be twelve pounds of rabbit but the vet put her on a diet)
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Reanok wrote:I'm trying to get started on reading Hoshi's sis Unexpected Redux.

Haha- cute one. It reminded me of this old P/T story I found years ago.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks for the link Cofee Cat I like Tom and B'elanna stories.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Tom must have been the precursor to Trip or something. Although, he wasn't quite AS big of an accident waiting to happen...
Writing as TrekPyro.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 pm

CoffeeCat wrote:Tom must have been the precursor to Trip or something. Although, he wasn't quite AS big of an accident waiting to happen...

Interesting parallelism. We should ponder about this. Well...to tell the true, Tom isn't a precursor, but a successor. How many years there are from Trip to Tom?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CoffeeCat
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 pm

who knows. At first I wanted to compare Trip to Tom, then I thought he reminded me of Doctor McCoy (which is really rather strange because Tom and McCoy are nothing alike...) then I started to notice that Trip was just Trip because Connor made him his own.
Writing as TrekPyro.

Return to “General Chat”