I'm Pissed

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

I'm Pissed

Postby blacknblue » Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 am

Not surprised at all. But highly pissed nonetheless.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070525/ap_ ... tical_gear
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: I'm Pissed

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri May 25, 2007 2:44 am

Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri May 25, 2007 4:59 am

Doesn't surprise me either, just like cutting corners in the VA hospitals. Mad

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri May 25, 2007 12:55 pm

Well, I have tried not to be too political, but the current administration seems to f*ck up all over the place. New Orleans being one example. It seems the administration thinks material items are to be conserved but people are expendable. Gross generalization, yes, but I am so tired of hearing about young people (and not so young) dying over there for a cause that seems futile.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Deleted by original poster ... not that it matters since I've been quoted.
Last edited by Rigil Kent on Fri May 25, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 pm

Chill RIgil. I have a solution to propose. We move the HQ for the civs in charge of acquisition over to Baghdad. Set their main office down right in the heart of the most active fire zone. Guarantee that the equipment requests would get expedited MUCH faster.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Oh, for frak's sake. Evil or Very Mad Read the article before you starting throwing out the usual "Bush is Bad" tripe. "It blamed the bureaucracy and a "risk-averse" approach by acquisition officials." "Civilian middle management lacks technical and operational currency."

Forgive me if this offends, but I'm getting sick and freaking tired of people automatically blaming the Bush administration for a failing of the system that has been there as long as there has been a military. Remember the story of Washington and his supply woes? I served in the Army under the first Bush administration and Clinton. You know what? This same crap existed then too. My unit went to Desert Shield/Desert Storm without a lot of the gear that we should have had because of the same stupid bureaucracy that existed. My dad - who was a POW in Korea - told me that the same thing existed when he was serving, so pointing at the president and blaming him is flat out absurd.

And yet, despite knowing all that crap, if my knee wasn't flat out FUBARed to the point that the military won't accept me back, I'd still re-enlist because I don't adhere to the belief that these operations are futile. War is hard. It always has been. It's ugly and brutal and bloody and people die in them. I shudder to think what the current American mindset would say if we had the casualty counts of something like WW2 where we lost something like a 1000 guys on a training accident.

And exactly why does the flat out incompetent mayor of New Orleans get a pass? Suddenly, his failings are passed on without even a second look.

Evil or Very Mad Yeah, I'm a little irked. I come here in the hopes of avoiding this sort of crap that seems to permeate every place I go. I'd hate to have to walk away from this place too.

Linda wrote:Well, I have tried not to be too political, but the current administration seems to f*ck up all over the place. New Orleans being one example. It seems the administration thinks material items are to be conserved but people are expendable. Gross generalization, yes, but I am so tired of hearing about young people (and not so young) dying over there for a cause that seems futile.

A warning to both posters - keep it on topic. This article is about Marines getting their gear and the attitudes in the military logistical structure that lead to failures to do so. Keep it on that topic or I'll lock the thread and start bustin heads.

-Elessar
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Tue May 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Well after spending 4 years active Army....and at times not having cleaning supplies OR toilet Paper for that matter I'm not surprised at all.

Doesn't matter who is in office folks...... I served under 2 administrations (one of each political party) and under both administrations our military struggled to get supplies.....our government as a whole is so big that at times it can't get it's act together and fix stuff.

The nature of the beast I'm afraid!!

Sad
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Return to “General Chat”