-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: Randomness

Postby Alelou » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm a little scared at the thought of how much effort must have gone into those!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:55 am

Oh, now that's wild!! :D
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

alt_Toza
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby alt_Toza » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Can someone please help me - I'm going nuts. I think.

I remember (at least, I think I do...) Trip telling someone a joke about two snails on the back of a tortoise. One snail turns to the other and says "hold on Fred", and then something about them about to be going really fast.

Did I imagine this? If not, does anyone know what episode it was from?

:dunno: :faint: :explode:

THANK YOU!
---

http://twitter.com/TozaBoma

"I don't wanna stoop that low - Kirk wouldn't stoop that low."
"That was a television show, John. And he made Priceline commercials."

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Shuttlepod One! You know you can find all the transcripts by googling "NAME OF EPISODE" and "transcripts." I think it's almost that easy.

I got on here to tell my random story. I went out for lunch and was sitting outside eating and this like 9-year old boy comes down the street with a large box of candy, calling, "M&Ms, only a dollar!" He asked me politely if I wanted to buy a pack and I said no, then I asked, "What's the cause?" He says, "Nothing! I just want to make money!"

Sale!!! lol . . .
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

alt_Toza
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby alt_Toza » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:17 pm

THANK YOU!! Our kid said I was going nuts and it was probably Farscape, but I was sure it was Trip who said it.

THANK YOU!

Re: the M&Ms.... Could you get me a packet of peanut ones and chuck em my way? :lol:
Just goes to show, honesty sells. Dudley Moore would be proud. ;-)
---

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 pm

alt_Toza wrote:THANK YOU!! Our kid said I was going nuts and it was probably Farscape, but I was sure it was Trip who said it.

THANK YOU!

Re: the M&Ms.... Could you get me a packet of peanut ones and chuck em my way? :lol:
Just goes to show, honesty sells. Dudley Moore would be proud. ;-)

I love that one! You know what one of my other favorite quotes from Star Trek? Usually what came out of Chakotay's mouth might as well have been the high pitched shriek of a Tholian :lol:, but in this case I loved it.

I remember the episode too b/c it pertained to the story... it was in "The Scorpion", Parts I and II, the one where 7 of 9 joined... He said

A scorpion was wandering along the bank of the river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him on his back across the river.
The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me and I'll drown."
The scorpion assured him, "If I did that, we'd both drown."
So the fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him.
As the poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown too."
"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 am

Oh, I liked that story too. And I'm not a Chakotay fan. Okay, I used to dabble in J/C, if nothing else to plumb angst, but I'm not anymore. But it's profoundly true, that parable.

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Postby Emberchyld » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:35 am

Totally random comment: I'm in love with "The Colony." This is one reality show (beyond "So You Think You Can Dance") that I can get hooked on. Someday, when the apocalypse hits, I'll know how to make a hot water shower with a tank and duct tape...
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 am

Tomorrow I go to EMU's open house for "returning students"--a euphemism for people like me who dropped out of college and want to come back and finish.

I'm a little nervous. Like...not about the open house specifically, but about things like sitting in a classroom amongst so many people who'll be half my age. They'll be so young and fresh-faced I'll be like "what are you, twelve???"

Oh why did it take me so long to do this??? :duh:

alt_Toza
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby alt_Toza » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:16 am

Totally random thought of the day: Is it me, or does Trip have THE WORST POSTURE ever? Talk about shoulders meeting each other.

Sorry. Carry on.

:dunno:
---

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:37 am

Well I've been watching a lot of Justice League lately. And it makes me think like if ENT characters were Justice League characters who would they be. Like Super!Archer is Superman obviously :lol: :p :twisted: and Trip is totally Flash :lol: well I don't really know about everyone else. Wonder Woman reminds me of T'Pol sometimes but sometimes she doesn't. Oh and I keep imagining all the Green Lanterns like with their own Green Lantern marching band thing, and they're all marching around singing "in brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight let those who worship evil's might beware my power Green Lantern's light". Repeatedly. Yeah it actually has music. Well but the music is only in my head cuz I made it up. :? :roll: :dunno:
ImageImage

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Aquarius wrote:Tomorrow I go to EMU's open house for "returning students"--a euphemism for people like me who dropped out of college and want to come back and finish.

I'm a little nervous. Like...not about the open house specifically, but about things like sitting in a classroom amongst so many people who'll be half my age. They'll be so young and fresh-faced I'll be like "what are you, twelve???"

Oh why did it take me so long to do this??? :duh:

Does it help to know that you are every college teacher's dream student? I always loved the older students -- they were more mature, they had more life experience to draw on, and they were much more serious about the work they were there to do. They always brought the tone of the whole class up. I had a former submarine sailor in one of my freshman comp classes and it made a huge difference for the whole group. You'll bring insights and points of view to that classroom that just wouldn't have been there otherwise. When I moan about teaching at 7:30am, other teachers comfort me by saying, "Maybe you'll get some adults who are fitting in a class before they go to work." They KNOW those are the best students.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:35 am

Well, maybe it helps a little, lol. :lol:

So here's the dealio: I went in today, expecting that it was too late for fall term because it's August already. When I got there, they told me academic advising wasn't seeing anyone for winter, just for fall. Yep, there were still classes available. So not only have I been accepted back into school, I'm registered for three classes!

So my Telecommunication and Film major is now called Electronic Media. I have declared a double-major in Electronic Media and Language, Literature, and Writing, and a minor in psychology. In October I take the test that will determine if I can apply to the College of Education in January.

I am so excited, like a switch inside has been flipped...but at the same time there's a huge degree of "What the F*** did I just DO??!!" :faint:

So, like I said, I'm signed up for classes already. I've got a computer class, History of Western Civilization to 1648, and chemistry.

Tomorrow I have to call to make appointments for specific academic advising in my majors.

Holy crap. This is really happening.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 am

If you need help in Western Civ let me know. I got really good grades in that one. It was Western Civ 1648-present I failed because of my sadist professor who failed people who past the mid-terms with flying colors. So any help you may need I am here for you.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “General Chat”