Your other 'ships!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Your other 'ships!

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 pm

That is why I hate Justice League. I know I know it's about the "good guys" but I have NEVER considered the "Princess of Plunder" a VILIAN! Nope. She's the unhero, but she DOES do the RIGHT THING more often than not. And everyone she steals from deserves it. Really I'm a purist... Batman/Catwoman origional Robin/Batgirl AKA Dick/Babs. The "Fake Robin's and Batgirls" don't do it for me. Although, for screwed upness Joker and Harley Quinn satisfies my inner psycho.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:13 am

But she's not a villain... she's just not on the show :? I guess it's not supposed to be true to the comics or whatever, like how there's like a hundred million different X-Men universes way different from the comics, well X-Men TAS was pretty true to the comics but then came X-Men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men in the animation department, and of course the movies. And it's like a totally different universe in each representation. I really like the Justice League cartoon and it doesn't matter to me whether it's true to the comics (or movies or previous series etc) or not as long as it's consistent within itself. :)

Oh yeah and if it's supposed to be like the comics or whatever then they'd have Aquaman instead of Hawkgirl on the team. OH THE HUMANITY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: not that there's anything wrong with Aquaman but I can't imagine this show without my favoritest character. Just can't :? :( Hawkgirl is THE AWESOME :bow: :bow: :bow:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 am

I guess the thing is when I was five I was introduced to the CAMPY 1966 Batman, yeah I know it's sort of a huge joke now... BUT it introduced me to feminism, and Catwoman (Julie Newmar) and Batgirl were my feminine Icons. Star Trek came a little later when it came to my perception of being a woman. Anyhow, that whole dynamic between Batman and Catwoman really affected me when it came to male/female interaction. I know anyone who looks at the series and (inferior) movie now they'd be screaming that it is not a true portrayal of feminine power, BUT I respectfully disagree. So I am Really passionate about the whole thing. I am waiting breathlessly how the franchise brings in my beloved Feline Fatale.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:52 am

I'm a true Batman/Catwoman shipper too (although TPoptarts is right, in Justice League cartoon that ships doesn't even exist :cry:) I respect Catwoman and I absolutely, completely and even pathologically avoid that :censored: stupid background history Frank Miller gave to Selina Kyle making her a prostitute! :shock:

For me the Cat-tales are CANON.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:41 am

Oh goodness I was like where did they get that stupid Idea making Catwoman a whore? I'm sorry but I nearly blew my stack with that. Cat tales is WONDERFUL! I used to recite the intro and make my mother laugh her head off. I tell you though the idea of who they might cast in the Batman Begins movies scares me a little. I'm always hoping someone will take the spirit of Julie Newmar to play it. So far nobody has. So far my only canidates are Ashley Judd, Nicole Kidman, or Angelina Jolie. But none of them quite fit, what I do know is they've been pretty good about villians so far. But I'm not sure about Johnny Depp as the Riddler yet. :?

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:19 am

Well I do kinda ship for Batman/Catwoman where the ship exists. But not in the Justice League cartoon because Catwoman isn't there, but there's a thing going on between Batman and Wonder Woman instead. :twisted:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 am

Oh gross! Sorry but Batman with ANYONE else makes me :upchuck: it's worse than Grissom and Sara. And although I love Temperence Brennan Wonder Woman isn't superior or more powerful than Catwoman. <shivers>

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:32 am

But she's funny and awesome :twisted: (Hawkgirl still rules though :bow: :bow: )

Don't get me wrong I really like Catwoman too. Well except for the movie with Halle Berry :thumbsdown: :wtf:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 am

Don't get me started on that. Even my father hated it. Now Halle Berry is fine, and she is beautiful. BUT it takes more than a slamming body to portray Catwoman... You need a fierce intellect, a little viciousness, sex appeal, innocence, vaunerability, compassion, kindness, rage, and cold ruthlessness all in one. And I'm sorry a short Catwoman doesn't cut it. The woman is TALL! The thing is whoever plays her has to make me believe she can take on Batman and win, both physically and mentally.

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:52 am

Whut, since when is 5'6" considered short :? :?: :shock: great now it makes me feel even worse about being 5'0" :(
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:56 am

It isn't short, I'm 5'6''. But Catwoman is 5'11 1/2'' WITHOUT heels. She's been that way since 1943. In fact Batman's first words to her are "Nice legs" this is in 1943 comics of course. But that's my point, in her special boots she's as tall as Batman. You're not short, I'm sure you are very lovely. But Catwoman is just MORE than us mere mortals. :roll:

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:33 pm

WarpGirl wrote:I'm always hoping someone will take the spirit of Julie Newmar to play it. So far nobody has. So far my only canidates are Ashley Judd, Nicole Kidman, or Angelina Jolie. But none of them quite fit, what I do know is they've been pretty good about villians so far.

What about Jolene Blalock for Catwoman? :drool: :drool: :drool:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:43 am

Don't kill me OK but I don't think so. She's too short, and well I've never seen her be human funny and Catwoman is a very funny person. Catwoman is more than just someone to drool over dear.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 am

On the contrary, I think Jolene would be good at comedy and no one says you have to be tall to be a cat. There are many petite varieties of cats out there. My belated cat Coco was very petite compared to the two boys, but she was strong and agile as hell and she kicked their furry little asses at every opportunity. Jolene has a body that can be catlike, so as long as she sunk her teeth into the role I think she'd sell it.

=^..^=
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Yeah, I think she could pull it off too. I mean, thanks to T'Pol's catsuits, we know she'd look pretty awesome in the outfit. She did have a blast playing MU T'Pol, who is someone somewhere between good and evil. I'd totally watch Jolene as catwoman (I hate, HATE what they did with the Catwoman movie.)

Ok, great, now I have this picture of Connor as Bruce/Batman...
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

Return to “General Chat”