Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Your other 'ships!

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:14 pm

I can totally see Jolene as catwoman, both physically (duh!) and character-wise. She'd be awesome!

But I have trouble picturing Connor as the Bat.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:37 am

Sorry can't see it at all. She may look good enough to be the "Princess of plunder" but I've never seen her be funny in a non-vulcan way, and I've never seen her exhibit any of the leathalness Catwoman has either. MU well... She was leathal but also a little creepy, then again that was the point of MU. Really if I am completely honest with myself, I don't think ANYONE would make me completely satisified playing Catwoman except Julie Newmar and she's 75 so I'm screwed either way. And Conner as much as I love him could never be Bruce Wayne or Batman.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 am

Sorry for the double. I just saw something at people magazine dot com that was funny and disturbing... Appearently there was a rumor that Megan Fox would play Catwoman in the next Batman... Well the studio sent a release that basically said no way. For which I am glad. Now nothing against her really, she's exotic looking, and the only thing I've ever seen her in is Transformers, so I can't judge her acting ability. But my objection is she's much too young. Batman's soulmate cannot be a lolita. At least the studio isn't going to make the same mistake of the Catwoman movie. Hot and scintilating is not enough. I'm thinking Shalom Harlow could work. Maybe Carrie-Ann Moss of Matrix fame. But I don't know if she can be funny.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:54 am

Eartha Kitt was my favorite Catwoman, but she's in her seventies too (Or maybe dead. I forget.) What was wrong with Haley Berry?
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 am

Dead, RIP.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 am

Nothing really. Although she's not my favorite. But that movie was awful in spite of her being a good actress. Eartha Kitt, well... Not my favorite for one reason, because of the stupid 60's an African American Catwoman couldn't be romantic with a caucasian Batman! :explode: :bitch: But she was better than Lee whats-her-name in the movie. But to be completely honest Julie Newmar was my favorite Bride in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. That and she was sexy as hell and just plain THE BEST EVER!

When did Eartha Kitt die? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 am

Just last year.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:12 am

Dang she sang the BEST version of Bewitched Bothered and Bewidered of all time! Hey that would be good for the new movie with Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne dancing at one of those chic parties. Oh dear I'm obsessing again. Anyone else obsessed over a ship. I'm awaiting Micheal and Fiona from Burn Notice. But I'm not really encouraged by the whole "we're not good at this" attitude. Give me a break! :roll:

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:17 am

My mother watches Eureka and Burn Notice, probably for the 'ships,' so I saw them for the first time this last week. I tolerated the first one and gave up on the second before I gave it much of a chance. Neither reached out and grabbed me, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
Image.Image

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:29 am

Distracted wrote:Eartha Kitt was my favorite Catwoman, but she's in her seventies too (Or maybe dead. I forget.) What was wrong with Haley Berry?

:? Dude. You're the one who started the thread. :? :p
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=969&start=0
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 am

Eureka lost me because of the leading lady, she was just... :upchuck: but how does ANYONE not love Burn Notice? Sexy badass spy that doubles as MacGyver and the Pretender... What can possibly be bad about that? Also the most angst ridden ship of all time Jarod/Miss Parker. To anyone that says TnT is full of useless angst I say watch the Pretender, and say thank you ST TPTB for being so darn nice to us. :-p

Fics

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:00 am

Alelou wrote:My mother watches Eureka and Burn Notice, probably for the 'ships,' so I saw them for the first time this last week. I tolerated the first one and gave up on the second before I gave it much of a chance. Neither reached out and grabbed me, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood.
Eureka is decent, though I can't say I 'ship for the leads. It's a fun enough show, though, so I sometimes watch episodes online.

But, Carter has a serious martyr complex. Is there no deadly situation into which the man won't run? I get that he's serving and protecting (and frankly, today would've liked a personable law enforcement officer who told me what was going on), and I get that he's a noble hero, but honestly. The worst was
SPOILER!!!:
that episode where Nathan died and Carter wanted to do it even though IT WAS A SUICIDE MISSION.
As a father, he's got a responsibility to Zoe, which includes doing his best to stay alive.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 am

Carter struck me as just bland as hell, frankly. The boring straight man surrounded by weird geniuses. Even his angst over the pregnant chick seemed half-assed. Connor would do that role better, don't you think?

But maybe it's just me. I was in a post-Seaworld heat daze.

I don't care for that actor who plays the boss or whatever it is in Warehouse 13. He was on TNG trying to take Data apart at one point, wasn't he? Seems like he always plays his roles exactly the same way. But again ... heat daze.
Image.Image

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:26 pm

TPoptarts wrote:
Distracted wrote:Eartha Kitt was my favorite Catwoman, but she's in her seventies too (Or maybe dead. I forget.) What was wrong with Haley Berry?

:? Dude. You're the one who started the thread. :? :p
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=969&start=0

It's called senility, dear. Just wait until you're over 40. :-p
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:58 pm

I love Carter! He's awesome, I just absolutely HATE the woman. Carter isn't boring he's funny as hell, he's cute, and he's very lovable. The rest of them... Not-so-much. Warehouse 13... I try and try to get into it, because of the cute funny guy. But again I HATE the woman. :roll:

Distracted you are such a liar! You're not senile, and I know there's some pics of you posted somewhere here and you look better then Demi Moore. ;-)

Fics

Return to “General Chat”