Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Your other 'ships!

Postby Distracted » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:49 am

Yeah, right. :roll:

So, what's wrong with Jo on Eureka? She's really cute, and I've always admired a woman with a gun. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:54 am

Jo? I love Jo! It's the other one I hate. The one who is pregnant with Nathan's baby. Neither Nathan or Carter deserved her. :bitch: And Dis pics don't lie, Unless you've had plastic surgery you are hotter than Demi Moore.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 am

No surgery for me, but you may want to look into glasses for you. :lol:

Yeah. I agree. Since she went back to Nathan (and then got pregnant and widowed) Allison is sorta dull. The new blonde scientist isn't bad, though. I also think that the Henry/Kim Clone duo is sorta cute. A man and his computer. Awwww :-p
Image sig by chrisis1033

Dusalis Drake
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Dusalis Drake » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:54 am

Ah, Eureka! That's a good show. I should start watching it again so I can see Jo and... well to see Jo :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:00 am

Allison played two good men against each other with her "I don't know which to choose, oh wait yes I do, Carter give me away" BULL no decent woman would do that to two good men. Not even Temperence Brennen would do that, I mean yeah she dated two guys at once, but she wasn't using one against the other until she chose. That's what that witch Allison did. Sorry I think that was just awful. Mama and I were like "Nope can't handle this."

Dis only a very few things actually work correctly in my body. My eyes are perfect. :D :-p ;-) We need a whistle smiley!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 pm

In all fairness to the writers of Allison's character, she had a lot of history with Nathan. That counts for a lot. It's not her fault that she doesn't remember the alternate timeline with Carter. I think that choosing Nathan was a reasonable thing for her character to do. Not that I wasn't rooting for Carter, mind you. These TV writers just love their angst.
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:51 am

I know Allison had history with both of them but that doesn't mean she deserved either of them. I was rooting that they both dumped her.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Sorry for the double but I really need to get this off my chest, and I know there are Bones fans here. I'm getting really tired of TV critics and so-called fans of this show dragging the main character Temperence Brennen through the mud, saying all sorts of horrible things that make me question why they even watch the show at all. Truly why do people watch if they are just going to call the heroine one of these... :bitch: or continually complain that she is heartless, selfish, uses Booth and her friends only to treat them like dirt, and call her a whore or a slut? Really why watch? It's worse than what some people say about T'Pol. I'd like to state a few facts just for my own self to contradict these statements.

1. A lot of Bones "fans" go absolutely nuts whenever Temperence has a date, saying that she's torturing Booth she's a whore because she sleeps with so many men, and on and on... Well, what I want to know is What is she supposed to do? Booth drew the line, Booth tells her that love exists, that she'll find the one, that she's special, but never once has directly stated hey thats me. And to top it all off he FINALLY says I love you and adds "In a professional Atta Girl way!" If the "fans" know anything about Temperence Brennan they should remember she only deals in hard facts, not hints, not conjecture. If they want her to admit she loves Booth he's going to have to give her hard evidence. She's an emperist!

And as for the amount of men she sleeps with, well if you coun't all the men she DIDN'T sleep with and compare the number she has, she hasn't slept with a lot more men. Also as of last week's episode she confessed to losing her virginity at 22. Booth lost his at 16. Temperence is 33 according to canon, Booth is 38. Anybody can figure out Booth as probably slept with more people than she has. He's no saint! In one episode, he woke up with his ex-fiancee and went to bed with his ex girlfriend. I think that's a little slutty. At least Temperence slept with ONE man while she was seeing two.

2. About her social skills, I read an artical by a TV commentator about an episode where she screwed up with one of her interns. And the commontator said that her said that her social skills were far too abysmal at this point in the show. I OBJECT! Anyone remember what happened to Zack? Anyone remember that this woman is so commited to NOT letting herself be abandoned again that she tells herself that she's incapable of bonding with others properly? Anyone remember that she doesn't truly believe she can be loved? OF COURSE she's going to fight bonding to a new intern. Especially Wendall because I swear he's the personification of what a kid of hers and Booth's would be. He's my favorite, I hope they decide to keep him soon, but don't call Temperence heartless! It was a mistake, she felt horrible, she fixed it. Five years ago she wouldn't have done that.

3. Mayham On The Cross... Dear People if you watched that episode at all you'd know 2 things... 1. It was Temperence who has been completely aware of her love for Booth. My guess wouold be she figured it out during Max's trial. 2. She's a whole lot more open about stuff than Booth is in that relationship.

He's been so concentrated on getting past her walls that he doesn't realize he already is. Talk about not seeing the forrest through the trees. Who is the clueless one if it takes a coma to figure things out? And he's a bigger moron because he listens to SWEETS of all people.

So there my defense of Temperence. With all of the hell she's gone through I wish people would be more understanding. Just remember folks, she doesn't sleep with every man who takes her for dinner.

Fics

Return to “General Chat”