What are you...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: What are you...

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:07 am

No Batman/Catwoman action though... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Come to think of it I don't think there's any Nightwing/Oracle action in JLA either is there? Stupid! Sorry T'Poptarts I really like you but I can't handle the injustice of it. :bitch:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 am

Nope no Nightwing/Oracle anywhere in the Justice League cartoon either, sorry :? :dunno: and since there was no Catwoman it won't be Bats/Catwoman cuz I'm going with the show canon which is Batman/Wonder Woman in Justice League/Unlimited and lonely old Bruce in Batman Beyond. Well the fic doesn't center around Bats anyway. Why is it a crossover, cuz Hawkgirl and Green Lantern have a son who's supposed to appear in like 1 episode LOL :lol: :roll: and Bats is a major player too. So now I'm watching the whole show for research so I can retcon everything. :roll: :twisted: :p (It's a good show though, plenty worth watching on its own rights)

Heh I'm actually good at retconning stuff. I have this evil talent to make up the craziest stuff (in fanfic and real life) and somehow make it fit with pre-established canon (or just the previous random crazy stuff I came up with) :twisted: :badgrin:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 am

Why can't a girl find some cool Nightwing/Oracle Batman/Catwoman fics out there? It's cruel I tell you. Very cruel. I'm a purist, I like the orgional Dick Grayson and Barbra Gorden, these other new whiny punk kids that get killed bore me to tears.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 am

Well in a Batman Beyond episode Bruce says "let me tell you about a woman named Selina Kyle". ;) And so far that's the only mention of her (but I only watched 9 episodes). No indication if it was before or after Wonder Woman though. But so far no canon that clashes with my retcon plot... 50 years gap to fill with whatever I want :twisted: :twisted:

Oooohhhh that's a bad idea considering how those fics just keep popping up in my head out of nowhere. I'll never see the end of it :? :shock: :explode: :faint:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 am

I'm sorry but I can't see how Batman and Wonder Woman have anything in common. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing. If you ever watch the show Bones there's an episode where "Bones" has an arguement with her boss as to who is better Wonder Woman or Catwoman, she likes Wonder Woman. It's adorable, and she looks absolutely stunning in the outfit. Better than her boss looked as Catwoman. But her guy partner was Clark Kent, not Bruce Wayne. But that was eaqually confusing because he's supposed to belong to Lois Lane. So excuse me if I'm getting slightly confused about these wacky pairings.

Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Heh Superman is with Lois in Justice League. And it's not about who's "better" because they're both great characters. And they both have great chemistry with Batman. It's just a matter of where each relationship is going in a given universe. In the Justice League cartoon universe there was no Catwoman at all, well I'm sure she was existing somewhere but there was no mention of her until said Batman Beyond episode. In which it's revealed that yeah Bats and Catwoman did have THAT kinda relationship in THAT particular universe, but with no mention of when or for how long etc. I'm almost done with the first season of Batman Beyond and so far there's only that single mention of Catwoman.

Still of the canon that was actually shown on screen and not mentioned in passing, there was a relationship thingy going on between Batman and Wonder Woman in the Justice League/Unlimited cartoon. Hey I'm only shipping for it cuz it's THERE, I didn't start it, I didn't come up with that idea. I didn't wake up one morning and go like "hey let's pretend those two are the perfect couple even though there's no indication that there's anything going on between them". I'm shipping cuz there IS something going on between them on the show. There was also something between Batman and Batgirl (again only mentioned in Batman Beyond) but that had to be before the Justice League cartoon in the timeline because that was when Nightwing decided to go solo. Still nothing in canon that interferes with my retcon timeline I must say :twisted:

Yeah I know it gets like way confusing if you try to throw all the canons from every single incarnation of the DC universe since the beginning of time in the same stew. There's no way in hell that would make sense. But I'm just working with one particular universe that doesn't necessarily share canon and continuity with any other universe in the bunch. The only time I use like details from other canons is like if I have a gap to fill and there's nothing about it in my canon. But all the canons are pretty extensive and you just can't throw a bunch of different canons together and still expect them to not contradict each other. It's like if I tried to write like an X-Men fic using all the canons at the same time. The comics and movies and TAS and Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men and 1602 and Ultimate and the Pryde of the X-Men cartoon. Hell in Jean's funeral in the comics her tombstone says she was born in 1956. Whoa she's older than my mother!! :shock: Now what in Tartarus is she doing like way back in 1602 and why is she still in high school in the 21st century?? GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :explode: :explode: :explode:

Um yeah. See what one tiny detail can do?? Just goes to show that canons are only supposed to follow themselves, not each other. :? :faint:

Although me being myself, I actually COULD pull off an X-Men fic like that. But only because it wouldn't make the slightest bit of sense. :twisted:

AFTER I finish all my Justice League fics. :? :roll: :faint: :explode:
ImageImage

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:21 am

I didn't mean to imply anything bad about you at all. I know you didn't make it up. But I can't imagine what whoever did invent that ship was thinking. Please don't think I criticizing you. I wasn't. I'm glad you're having such a great time, I just don't think I can get into JL, I literally need Catwoman in any Batman universe. If you ever get the urge to write a Batman/Catwoman or a Nightwing Oracle fic, please please let me know. I will be the first one there.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:28 am

What are you...eating?

It's breakfast for dinner night! We're having omelets (mine is mushroom, cheddar cheese, onion and peppers), blueberry pancakes, bacon, and banapple smoothies! Yum!

Whoa. I'm full. Time for a bubble bath. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:17 am

Oh Jeeze Dis your family does breakfast for dinner too! My mama does pancakes and french toast. Now that is the good life.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Your breakfast for dinner sounds like FOUR breakfasts for dinner. Wow.

In our house, breakfast for dinner usually means eggs and bacon or sausage and maybe some frozen waffles. (Because in our house it's really a break for the chief cook when she's feeling particularly lazy.)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I had help. My eleven year old made the pancakes. I was too full to eat them last night so I put them in the freezer and nuked them for breakfast this am. Still yum. :D
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:46 pm

When I'm sick or too tired I eat cheese and crackers.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:03 pm

A decent choice. At least it's got protein. Add an apple and you've got a balanced meal there. :D

Until very recently, before my two daughters showed some interest in cooking, unless I wanted grilled meat with a side of nuked frozen broccoli for dinner (which my husband does very skillfully, I must say, but that's all he does) then I had to cook it myself. Cheese and crackers aren't an option for a family of five, so when I was lazy or busy we'd order pizza or chinese. The other day I bought cubed round steaks, though, and put them in the fridge early in the week. Then I just called home after work and told my 17 year old that I had errands to run and that if she wanted rice and gravy she needed to cook it herself. I told her step by step how to do it. She'd done it before with me standing there helping but never by herself. I got home to dinner already cooked. It tasted great! (Even though I did have to add a little water to the gravy which was more the consistency of meat flavored pudding.) And my eleven year old makes killer blueberry pancakes. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:12 pm

:lol: I'll get some apples Dr. Mom. Well I'm glad your girls are learning how to cook, it's a survival skill. When they move out they'll quickly get sick of Rahmain noodles. I forced my mother and grandmothers to teach me how to cook. None of them were taught, but I kept hounding them in the kitchen until they decided I might as well do something. I'm persistent (obviously) but hey it worked, my married sister still want advice or a recipy. Of course they take all of the credit. But I don't care.

Anybody know of any interesting movies playing. Every once in a while daddy wants to go to a movie. Preferably no comedies, because then I have to deal with Daddy's jokes. He's not funny.

Fics

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Amazing sci fi story: District 9!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Return to “General Chat”