The Whine thread.

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Whine thread.

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:56 am

Well I don't have many pairs of decent shoes myself, (not that there's anything wrong with yours) I'm just referring to my own. But I WANT them!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:01 am

enterprikayak wrote:I have only three pairs of shoes: plastic "dogs"/"crocs"/whatever, one runners, and one sandals for "nice shoes". Oh and rain boots. I have $13 rain boots from Walmart.

WarpGirl wrote:Well I don't have many pairs of decent shoes myself, (not that there's anything wrong with yours) I'm just referring to my own. But I WANT them!

Who ever said mine were decent? They're all horrible. All of them. :guffaw:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 am

I just didn't want you to think I was mean! My one nice pair of shoes are a pair of grey ankle boots. They're lovely and comfy. I have two pairs of a**-kicking stiletto boots but my legs and hips won't let me where them in my old age and stand. And boots don't look right sitting in a wheelchair. HOWEVER a sexy pair of Jimmy Choo's would make the wheelchair obselete, and maybe a gentleman would notice my legs instead.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:59 am

I have 1 pair of runners and 1 pair of crocs which I got to replace the WAY old broken and especially WAY TOO BIG sandal thingies that I used to have for my nasty job. They're pink. And they're like a size 13/1 cuz that's the biggest they had at Target. :dunno:
And I'm wearing them with 3 pairs of socks LOL :roll: that's the socks I got at the hospital after I hit my head in the middle of the night and they took me in the ambulance and I didn't have shoes on. :? And I have no idea what Jimmy Choo is supposed to be :? :roll: :oops:
ImageImage

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:51 pm

I guess I'm a shoe-junkie! I just counted. I have 25 pairs of shoes, not counting flip flops and 5 pairs of boots. If you live in a climate like mine,you need a everything from flip flops to snow boots. I have about 10 pairs of "special" occasion shoes from various special events, weddings and the like that I've only worn once. I Looooooooove shoes..... :loveeyes:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:31 am

Me too! I just can't afford it. <pout whine>

Fics

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:24 pm

TPoptarts wrote: And I have no idea what Jimmy Choo is supposed to be :? :roll: :oops:
Lovely fancy shoes for people with lots of disposable income.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey they're less expensive than Manolos or Loubitans. And at H&M nothing is over 100$ So get them there and they're reasonable.

Whine: My cat's trying to destroy my house. I don't know why.

Fics

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

I bought my last pair of shoes at Sears. "I Love Comfort" is my favorite brand. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm

I used to buy mine at Sears too. Nowadays I usually wait until something shows up at the thrift store.

Sometimes really great shoes show up, and sometimes they're even your size. Not often, but sometimes.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 pm

It's a pain when you have odd size feet, or at least odd size feet for where you live. I'm a 6 and I can rarely find shoes in my size without going out of town.

Fics

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:17 pm

I usually buy a pair of sneakers at Wal-mart and wear them until they pretty much fall apart. :roll: Right now I'm wearing my 13 year old's sneakers that she grew out of already. Works for me. :lol: My problem is having wide feet, which is apparently genetic since all of the kids have wide feet as well.

Bether6074
Site Donor

Postby Bether6074 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 pm

My youngest has a 101 degree fever this morning. She was supposed to get her second H1N1 vaccination tomorrow. I guess we didn't make it in time...It has been spreading around the school rapidly. I'm hoping she has some immunity from the first shot. :(

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:47 pm

This isn't a whine. It's a follow-up to a previous whine.

Okay, you guys remember how last week or whenever it was, I had the migraine and getting a replacement Imitrex pill from a friend who owed me one was like pulling teeth (never got the pill, either), and on top of it she owes me money and was dumb enough to let it slip that she spent fifty bucks building a shelter for some stray cats in her neighborhood?

Well...

I didn't work the next day, but the day after that, I found out that Karma really does work.

She'd gone home from work that night or the next day, and went to feed the stray cats. She saw movement inside and went to pet the cat, and got BIT!! Her boyfriend looked inside with a flashlight and saw that it was not, in fact, a cat, but a POSSUM!!

My friend went to the hospital, got a tetanus shot, and was told that she didn't have to worry about rabies.

So...please don't think I'm evil, because I only make the Karma remark with the knowledge that she is okay and the bite was extremely minor. If she got an infection or some kind of horrible disease or nerve or tendon damage as a result of any of this, believe me, it never would've crossed my mind.

But, knowing that she's okay, and seeing that she was back to work, smiling and laughing about it, yeah, I have to confess that in the back of my mind I thought, "See? If you woulda paid me back instead of spending it on those strays, this wouldn't have happened!"

Don't get me wrong. I love her to death and I'm glad she's okay. I'm just (rightly) annoyed about the money and the lack of reciprocation on the pill, so I sort of saw this as maybe the Universe taking care of business.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

8) I think that's fair.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison