At 36 years of age into the mosh pit...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: At 36 years of age into the mosh pit...

Postby honeybee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Ah, the hard cores are getting old.

Check this out Kotik, I think you might relate:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/126479/saturd ... he-wedding
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Oh, My! That video cracked me up. I met my husband when I tried out to be the lead singer for his high school's " battle of the bands" in 1984. I was with the band for 6 years. My husband still had regular band practice on Thursday nights at my in-laws house where the band keeps their equipment. :lol: Better there than here, that's all I can say! They still have an ocassional "gig." The roskstar fantasy lives on.

Back in my youth I participated in many mosh pits, usually at the Aragon Balllroom (aka the Aragon BRAWL room) in Chicago. About 8 or 9 years ago we went to a David Bowie concert there. I fett like a total fish out of water and SO so old. Hsven't been back since.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Astute viewers of that video will notice that the last names of the bride and groom are the last names of members of Black Flag and Husker Du.
:guffaw:

The writer of that skit knew his hard core.

You were braver than I to mosh - I always thought it was a guy thing. Having boobs made it less fun. The one time I tried it at least.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 pm

honeybee wrote:Ah, the hard cores are getting old.

Check this out Kotik, I think you might relate:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/126479/saturd ... he-wedding

Yep, them hard cores are getting way too old, that's why we're going to do it again in August :lol:

Here's clip of Wolves of the sea during this very concert. we went absolutely stark raving mad during that one :evilmonkey:

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm sorry... even when I was young, I would have been waaaayyy too chicken to get into the mosh pit. Gosh I was in my mid 40's when a kid renting a room from us told about being in the mosh pit at a Grateful Dead concert. I had no clue what she was talking about. Hubbie is the heavy duty rocker of the family. I felt so.... naive.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone.
:shock:
peg

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Pegmumm wrote:I'm sorry... even when I was young, I would have been waaaayyy too chicken to get into the mosh pit. Gosh I was in my mid 40's when a kid renting a room from us told about being in the mosh pit at a Grateful Dead concert. I had no clue what she was talking about. Hubbie is the heavy duty rocker of the family. I felt so.... naive.

peg

Quite frankly it's absolutely idiotic to dive into it at our age, but on the other hand it's so much fun . :mrgreen: We arrived at the scene witnessing halve of the 'young ones' being wasted out of their skull already because they obviously did underestimate the impact of Vodka and Mead. We guzzled beer like there's no tomorrow, but still were coherent and not in need of help at the end of an 8 hour concert. The old farts won :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump:

The youth of today is just hopeless :mrgreen: (Why do I remember my dad saying exactly that :wtf: )

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Pegmumm wrote:I'm sorry... even when I was young, I would have been waaaayyy too chicken to get into the mosh pit. Gosh I was in my mid 40's when a kid renting a room from us told about being in the mosh pit at a Grateful Dead concert. I had no clue what she was talking about. Hubbie is the heavy duty rocker of the family. I felt so.... naive.

peg
:guffaw: I woke up from my saterday afternoon nap with the music of Nickelback - my husband never left his rock roots and Nickelback is his newest discovery. When we met I hardly knew any thing about rock music, American Football or science fiction - never heard about Star Trek. Things changes. :lol:
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah, Nickelback's "How you remind me" is also a recent discovery for me. In fact I used it in one of my stories... the lyrics fit so well for the scene after Harbinger... when the bond drives them back together after she denies him acknowledgment of their relationship.

Sigh... The song also reminded me I am much safer married.
I had the same kind of approach avoidance relationship with a professor at university. Hot one second, cold the next. It made me crazy.
Live and learn.

I still love the song though.
peg

Return to “General Chat”