New members, introduce yourselves here!

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: New members, introduce yourselves here!

Postby justTripn » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 am

Wow! You're funny. Welcome. I hope you decide to submit your fanfic.net stories here. *winning smile*

You have great literary taste. Your favorite authors are the Queen and King of Trip and T'Pol fanfic. I used to be a beta for Alelou, which most of the time meant that I was the lucky person who read her stories first. She didn't really need help. I LOVED those missing scenes. :thumbsup: Once I told my sister that I had just posted one of Alelou's missing scenes and my sister said, "Great. I think I'll hang up and go watch it now." She didn't notice she had said "watch" instead of "read." That's what you call getting the tone right!

Enjoy! If you like funny and well written, try TheCursor and Peter Simons and Escriba. I loved Escriba's "Beyond Death," an alternative universe story in which Archer dies in Twilight. She does a new take on each episode after Twilight, in the same spirit as the original episode, but with a twist.

Anyway . . :wave:
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Ah, ännu en svensk har hittat hit! Välkommen, Snorpenbass! :wave:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Snorpenbass
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Snorpenbass » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:16 am

Ahhh, it feels so good to feel welcome...

...as opposed to being run out of town on a rail while wearing tar and feathers. Not that I have personal experience of that, no sir... :shifty:

Ta for now. :wave:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2315451/

"Why, it would take some kind of enormous egomaniac to dare quote themselves in their own sig!"
--Snorpenbass

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Welcome Snorpenbass! :wave: In my country three hours driving isn't an ordeal... we already crossed the border by then and driving in another country. Still we keep our 16 million within our borders. :-P Sweden has some much more space.

I am going to visit FFnet now, looking for your stories. They sure sound fun! :D
Last edited by panyasan on Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:41 pm

panyasan wrote:Welcome Snorpenbass! :wave: In my country three hours driving isn't an ordeal... we already crossed the border by then and driving in another country. Still we keep our 16 million without our borders. :-P Sweden has some much more space.

I am going to visit FFnet now, looking for your stories. They sure sound fun! :D

You're lucky. In my country, three hours driving usually means you are twenty miles down the road looking at the back of the same truck you were three hours ago. :(

:D

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 pm

:lol: :lol: I forgot to mention three hours drive only counts when you drive at 4 am in the morning. Because "traffic jam" is our middle name.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Three hours? Pshaw. Where I'm from it can take that long to get to the next decent sized town with a multiplex movie theater. ;-)
Image sig by chrisis1033

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Distracted wrote:Three hours? Pshaw. Where I'm from it can take that long to get to the next decent sized town with a multiplex movie theater. ;-)

Yeah, I had a car like that once. :lol:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Snorpenbass, having driven in Britain, Holland and Sweden I can say with some authority that Here in Arizona three hours will just take me to the AZ California border and that is busting the Speed limit. Just Sagebrush and dust to look at or as Cognito says the back of a Truck.
Driving in Europe is lovelier than Arizona.

I once drove from Britain through Holland, Germany, Denmakrk to Sweden. Started out diving on the left side of the road, then drove on the right side in mainland Europe andagain on the Left hand side in Swededn (that ws before yo all switched sides) That was confusing as Hell. Took the boat Ferry from Sweden to Hull in England. Saved driving and my sanity.

Welcome to our Board. We are a pretty nice bunch. We have some resident Writers so you will fit in.

I am the Old Man of the board. (76 years old)

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Welcome Snorpenbass, I hope you like it here - the members are fantastic people and I think it's greatest place to hang out online! You're a Swede? Cool, my Grandpa came here with his family from Stockholm (though probably half the people living in Minnesota can say the same thing, :lol: ). Anyway, enjoy yourself here, it's really fun.
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

marchale
Commander
Commander

Postby marchale » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey, I just noticed we have a new member here - welcome CaptainBoiz !
http://home.comcast.net/~shadyladyfakes/ - my home page
http://photobucket.com/shadyladyfakes/ - my Enterprise screencaps (they're mainly close-ups!)

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Big Trisilk welcome CaptainBoiz. You have found a great home. Lovely people albeit a bit nuts.

SB
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Big Trisilk welcome CaptainBoiz. You have found a great home. Lovely people albeit a bit nuts.

SB

We're also given to understatement. Welcome anyway!

lfvoy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Twitter username: lfvoy

Postby lfvoy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Well, since I've already submitted fan fiction, I suppose I ought to introduce myself. I'm the same lfvoy who's been active over at DE for a while.

Screen name: lfvoy, which isn't supposed to be pronounceable. It comes from a handle I used back in the dialup BBS days (Lady Firebird, after the main character in Kathy Tyers' book) and my first online fandom which was ST: Voyager. You can also use LFVoy if you want, though I generally go all lowercase.

Real name, gender, location, profession (only if you want to): You can call me Cat and I'm female. I live in Atlanta but I'm a proud North Carolina girl and absolutely will not let anyone get away with claiming that barbecue is red. I quip that I drive cubicles for a living, but when I'm in my cubicle I work in the employee benefits/health insurance field.

Are you here as a reader, writer, or both? Both. As I've gotten older, my tastes have definitely become more gen-oriented, but I'm still pretty shippy. I'm trying to learn how to beta.

How did you first become a fan of Star Trek? One afternoon, when I was eight and clamoring for something to read, my father handed me one of the Blish readers. I was hooked. This was back when the Enterprise had only one call sign (NCC-1701) and captain (James T. Kirk), so I've been a fan for a while and claim everything except IX.

I was actually an ENT detractor when it first aired (I only saw the first season in its initial run) but, this past June, I discovered the episodes on startrek.com and got converted.

Are you interested in any other fandoms? As I mention above, I'm a fan of all of the Treks except IX (I simply cannot suspend my disbelief long enough to manage the idea of an Academy dropout suddenly becoming captain of the Federation's flagship). I'm also a pretty big fan of the little-known Earth 2, and I claim Firefly and Early Edition as well. I've been trying to watch the recent Terra Nova with some success, though I'm not quite a fan yet. I have a passing familiarity with many of the other sci-fi fandoms. In addition, I'm a huge fan of A.C. Crispin's "StarBridge" series and have been thrilled that it's coming back out in eBook form.

What's your favorite Enterprise fanfic? I'm pretty partial to Alelou's missing scenes and Rigil Kent's Endeavour series. But if it's well-written and in character, chances are I'm there. Plus, there's always room for more Travis.

What was the last book you read? Blindfold by Kevin J. Anderson. Very nicely done and worth a read.

Hobbies? Other than reading and writing? Photography, travel (when I can afford it), hiking, and playing on the Internet. I've been known to pick up a cross-stitch project from time to time too.

Oh yeah, and I chatter a lot. Especially when I'm just a teensy bit hung over. :angel:
Last edited by lfvoy on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My fan fiction is in The Laundry Room.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Welcome, Lfvoy. We're so happy to have fresh faces and new ideas.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Return to “General Chat”