Speaking of aging...

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: Speaking of aging...

Postby Aquarius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:56 am

Well, as long as we're only talking about dancing, let's just say I was pretty equal-opportunity about my partners on the dance floor. 8)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

justTripn wrote:Speaking of aging, and speaking to Aquarius, I got my hair cut shortish yesterday. I feel you might approve. The long hair wasn't working for me anymore. I was starting to look like an aging hippie. Got instant postive feedback. People say it's "cute."

Yep, we old farts must act our age. I've got bald spots all over my head, so long hair for me looks ridiculous. Well, while I may be 'length impaired' in a head banging contest it didn't stop me from diving into the mosh pit and we had ton's of fun (although i paid for it with a 4 days neck muscle ache :guffaw: ). Age and looks are just superficial - its how you feel and I feel we old farts (my friend, 38 and me, 36) gave the pimple faced youth a run for their money at the Bochum Pagan fest :mrgreen: It's on youtube, everybody can watch the lunacy, especially when the place exploded to Alestorm. My first wall of death since 1991 :mrgreen:

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Kotik wrote:I feel we old farts (my friend, 38 and me, 36) gave the pimple faced youth a run for their money

oh my god, you're old enough to be my children.
If you're old... what does that make me?'

Geez.
peg

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am

Pegmumm wrote:
Kotik wrote:I feel we old farts (my friend, 38 and me, 36) gave the pimple faced youth a run for their money

oh my god, you're old enough to be my children.
If you're old... what does that make me?'

Geez.
peg

Peg, don't feel bad :guffaw: between 36 and 66 there's not much of a difference. but between 26 and 36 there definitely is :lol: What I was referring to was activities that we engaged in when we was below 30. Somehow one feels like 30+ is definitely a different thing than 18+. At that (long gone) time we was so green, we needed mowing, did all sorts of stupid stuff and had fun at concerts, well at least half-way into it until we passed out drunk beyond description. These days we drink just as much, watch the youth fall by the wayside - pissed out of their skulls - and make it to the end, still completely coherent. We just don't last very long in the athletically very demanding mosh pit, that's whre 36 is too high a number :faint: .

Pegmumm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pegmumm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 am

Kotik wrote:At that (long gone) time we was so green, we needed mowing, did all sorts of stupid stuff and had fun at concerts, well at least half-way into it until we passed out drunk beyond description.

And you think we stopped just cuz we are over 50?
Wait a sec... yeah we did.
Doesn't mean we don't still fantasize about it.
It's fun bein' green.
:raspberry:
peg

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:50 am

Remember, I'm 40 and fell on my way IN to a bar!! :duh: :wtf: Now guess how old and crunked up that makes me feel???

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:00 am

Aquarius wrote:Remember, I'm 40 and fell on my way IN to a bar!! :duh: :wtf: Now guess how old and crunked up that makes me feel???

how many other bars did you visit before ? :lol: in our 'youth days' we used to drink like 10 or 12 beers and we were wasted. now that we're members of the 'ripe semesters', we down 10 beers and then go for the main dish :guffaw: :guffaw:

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 am

Kotik wrote:how many other bars did you visit before ?

None!! That's the problem!!!! :-P

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:45 am

Kotik wrote:
Aquarius wrote:Remember, I'm 40 and fell on my way IN to a bar!! :duh: :wtf: Now guess how old and crunked up that makes me feel???

how many other bars did you visit before ? :lol: in our 'youth days' we used to drink like 10 or 12 beers and we were wasted. now that we're members of the 'ripe semesters', we down 10 beers and then go for the main dish :guffaw: :guffaw:

Oh boy. That's what you'd call a high tolerance.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:58 am

I have officially turned into a "cheap date," or a "Light weight." I am seriously buzzed after 2 drinks and sick after 3. Not that I was ever able to handle much alcohol, but since I hit 40 I can't tolerate much at all.

Speaking of getting old, today my son asked me if I was "from the 1980s."

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:02 am

In college I drank almost an entire gallon of vodka one night...like it was in a gi-normous bottle that looked like a gallon jug of milk.

Needless to say, I didn't make it to work the next day. And the second floor people were a little upset about what I did to their window...and so was the guy who was walking past down on the sidewalk when I did it... :oops:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Well, it's actually a good sign for your health that you couldn't just carry on after drinking 2 liters of vodka.

I have a friend who built up a tolerance like that and then had a nightmare of a colonoscopy because of course normal sedating anesthesia hardly makes a dent on someone with that serious of an alcohol habit.
Image.Image

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Alelou wrote:Well, it's actually a good sign for your health that you couldn't just carry on after drinking 2 liters of vodka.

I have a friend who built up a tolerance like that and then had a nightmare of a colonoscopy because of course normal sedating anesthesia hardly makes a dent on someone with that serious of an alcohol habit.

If you can tolerate 2 litres of vodka, you definitely have a problem. Real Vodka has 55+ % of alcohol. :shock:

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Oh, for Pete's sake. You kids. Old is 74. You are at best middle aged. Lots of mileage on you yet.

Aqrauius, 2 Liters of vodka? That is a hell of lot of booze. I am surprised you woke up. Bodies usually can't tolerate that uch at one go. I would have been out for a week.

When you all get OLD you will know it. As is said "Everything Hurts and what doesn't Hurt doesn't work."
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Hey -- Aquarius didn't say 2 liters -- I guessed that from the description.

And Kotik, how come your signature says 45% if it's 55%? You could be making even better interest, buddy...

I actually have a housecleaning guide that suggests cheap vodka for cleaning bathroom fixtures, since it's so high in alcohol and not poisonous, as isopropyl alcohol is.
Image.Image

Return to “General Chat”