I finally did it :) Battlestar Galactica tattoo

Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

Re: I finally did it :) Battlestar Galactica tattoo

Postby Aquarius » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:22 am

enterprikayak wrote:AWESOME!

Yowza. I never did 2 hours. That is a BITCH. It fuken HURTS!

I have four tattoos. One on left ankle, one on right side btw hips & ribs, one on upper back , and one on the sole of the right foot. The foot one HURT! :-x

Elessar wrote:and I wonder if that made it more painful, IDK, cuz in doing some of the fill in work he ground it down pretty hard and I felt it going like up and down and in circles.

Naw that's how they always feel.

People are like, "what does it feel like"? And I'm like: "It feels like a guy holding your skin down really taut with one hand while he scratches a mini automated jackhammer needle around and around on increasingly sore skin."

Feels *just* like that. :D

Afterward, it feels like a burn, without the throb of a burn. Just feels like a burn when you touch it.

Beautiful tat, and nice arm, dude! 8)

I described mine as feeling like "the epilady from hell"! :lol:
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:29 am

I compare it to childbirth. Before you have the excitement and anticipation, during you think you are going to die, and after you understand that the pain was a worthy sacrifice for something so beautiful. After a long time you remember that it was EXTREMELY painful but the details get a little fuzzy.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:44 am

TOTALLY! :Lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:53 am

I'm begining to think I'm the only one in the universe who actually think getting a tattoo actually tickles... especially in the begining, when they're just outlining. Granted, there are some decidedly sunburn-level-pain parts, but I, really, kinda enjoy the process. Maybe more than I should. But it might just be where I have mine: one on the small of my back and one on each thigh.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:04 am

Or you might have an incredibly high pain threshold. In which case celebrate. But according to my Pops his didn't really hurt too much.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:08 am

LOL. Thanks Jennifer, appreciate you POINTING THAT OUT! I didn't even realize you could see that :guffaw:
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:55 am

You're probably right, WG. I once walked on a broken leg for 5 days before admitting it was broken (and then only because my mother forced me to go to the hospital)...

But, for those of us who aren't in the know on Battlestar Galactica, what's the meaning behind the tat? If you don't mind sharing, that is.

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:20 pm

It's from the matching set of tattoos worn by the most awesome (& most broken) character of the show, Starbuck, and her Cylon (shh... no one knows) husband, Anders. When they are in each other's arms, they form a kind of winged circle. http://kateesackhoff.com/wordpress/wp-c ... tattoo.jpg

:bow: has her husband's tattoo.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Very Brangelina... :lol: So Elessar needs to find a girl willing to get the other half of the tat, she'll need a very high pain tolorence. ;-)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Bradgelina or not, it's hot. Might have to see if they have Battlestar Galactica on nexflix instant now...

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Sorry I had too, I just had too.

Fics

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 am

:lol: well somebody is back online now in a VERY limited capacity... sitting on the floor against the wall eating cup-o-noodles in a HUGE empty living room populated by exactly 1 lamp, a computer, a backpack and an AC unit :lol:. WELCOME TO GRADUATE SCHOOL!

Actually my viscous flow professor had everyone go around and say where they were from and what their program was... and there were 71 students in the class and only 70 desks so a guy in the back was on the floor and he missed him and he goes "Oh, I missed you didn't I? You're on the floor... Where are you from? Oh, wonderful - you're sitting on the floor, WELCOME to graduate school!" :lol:

Anyway - you know I started looking really closely at the tattoo, and u know what it looks like? The flaming bomb icon the military uses(used) to stamp ordinance with. I wonder now if that's what it was supposed to be, like a spacey version, with the Caprica symbol on it, of course. That's what I'm telling people anyway! :lol:

BTW - I'm ass-first in the chafing, itching, peeling stage right now. I have only cracked once and itched along the edge VERY careful not to itch the actual tattoo area just next to it where it was getting on my nerves but I'm moisturizing the damn thing constantly.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:56 am

So is viscous flow the same thing as the penguins' slipstream in water thing we were talking about 2 yrs ago?

Congrats on the grad school! :D If you end up on the space station, you have to plug this site from space. :lol:

Yeah, this is the point when people look at your crispy biohazardous open-wound tat and go, "Ooohhh. It looks, um, ... nice?"

And you're all "SHUT UP! IT'LL LOOK GOOD AGAIN IN A FEW DAYS!"

:lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 am

OK seriously I will never get a tattoo now. Graduate school! I hope that you get some chairs, and watch your sodium intake dude. You wanna make sure your arms stay nice or tha tattoo won't look so hot.

Fics

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:41 am

Ah, WG, the itching isn't so bad. Annoying as anything, but like all good things, its worth it...

Though, until then, I hope you're in a place were you won't get heatstroke wearing long sleeves.

Return to “General Chat”