Just what it says on the tin.

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Linda
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: What are you...

Postby Linda » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Trying to do some beta'ing while my granddaughter keeps interrupting. She is supposed to be outside chalking up the sidewalk. I may give up the beta'ing for now and just take her to the library. Oh, I wanted to submit a short DS9 Dominion War story I have on Fanfiction.net, to The Guardian of Forever. Will do it tomorrow maybe as I can't handle a five-year-old AND html codes at the same time, LOL.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:40 pm

.... trying (more successfully today) to write, waiting to hear back from this job, and watching (once again) USA for lack of anything better to do.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 am

Elessar wrote:
Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:...watching?

Just having seen the Lost finale, I'm thoroughly confused. Yeah, I haven't actually watched this show since I bailed in the first season, that's not surprising, but I thought I'd see what it was all about. But I'm none the wiser for it.

So did they all exist in parallel universes or something? Was anything really real on that island? Were they all dead the whole time? Or were they in some sort of purgatory? What was the meaning of all this? I think even the fans must be confused... :?

Can't say I'm surprised though, this being a JJ Abrams et al. production.

lol dude you watched that after the 1st season?! :lol:

:vulcan: I seem to recall a certain young someone or other with his whole Lost rerun hotel setup with the hard drives and the big screen and the hey-hey-hey-it-hurts-me*

*old Simpsons reference

:lol:
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 pm

And have all you peeps seen jackfaces?

http://www.jackfaces.com/ Some genius/weirdo collected all of Jack's weird faces that he makes.

Methinks they could have done that back when he was in party of five too, but there was really not much internet.

You may not know this....but yer own lil eK created the www.sawyerface.com which is linked to at the top of jackfaces. :lol: I noticed a few years ago that whilst Jack had myriad shocking countenances, Sawyer had only one or two. :guffaw:

Priso and I watched the show, but we spent as much time laughing as at anything else. Also, it's a good one for "calling" stuff. We'd sit there "calling" what was going to happen, and for some reason with Lost you can call it to about an 87%-95% rate of accuracy. And that just makes you feel good. Also it's so gory. You just have to laugh.
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

crystalswolf
Commander
Commander

Postby crystalswolf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Writing again. Still not 100% (keyboard isn't smokin') but getting some stuff from brain to computer. Wish I could concentrate like I used to. :doubt:

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 pm

... Is listening to the Mumford & Sons for the 3rd time today and is begining to think she's developing an obession.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 am

For me it's been Rheostatics a lot lately. Priso hates how I'll leave one or two albums on random repeat for 6 weeks at a time. :lol:

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 pm

enterprikayak wrote:Priso and I watched the show, but we spent as much time laughing as at anything else. Also, it's a good one for "calling" stuff. We'd sit there "calling" what was going to happen, and for some reason with Lost you can call it to about an 87%-95% rate of accuracy. And that just makes you feel good. Also it's so gory. You just have to laugh.

I think it's because they assumed the viewer was really stupid so they'd drop a bajillion hints as to what was going on (in short term scenarios, not the long term sort of 'what is the island' questions) and so when the big reveal came, you were like "uhh... yeah... so, that was obvious?"
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:39 am

Doing? Recovering from Day One of live calls at the call center I now work at. So if you use US Cellular & call customer support, you might just get me. Sorry in advance. :lol:

Fortunately, this place is supposed to be expanding like wildcakes, so I'm hoping to get bumped up to "walk around and advise the struggling customer support reps" quickly so I don't have to man the phones. 8)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:43 am

I"m eating Champagne grapes and trying to relax.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Corinth

Me and a friend went out and ran some errands together today. On the way back to my house there was a turtle in the road. Since I commonly say to be on the look out for turtles and kittens and snakes, she stopped. I thought the turtle might be dead but it wasn't. With the help of another lady that stopped, we got it wrapped in a sheet and headed to the vet. On the way there I mentioned I thought I might not be a common snapping turtle. It might be an alligator snapping turtle. By the time we got to the vet they had closed for the night. Currently the turtle is in a large cat carrier in the basement. And I'm very thankful to still have 10 fingers. We're going to our vet first thing in the morning. Luckily our vet has worked on large turtles before.

If this works the picture is of me and the turtle before we got out of the car. I was moving as little as possible. I was also really scared. I could have easily lost a finger.

Grrr

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:48 am

My goodness, that's a labor of love. Yes, you definitely COULD have lost a finger.

I thought the thing to do was just to move to the turtle to the side of the road it's heading for so it doesn't get run over, and then let it figure the rest out.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 am

Well, he's already been run over. I just picked the picture without all the blood to post.

Grrr

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:22 am

:( Poor turtley! Good job saving him!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am

Oh. :shock:
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Grrr
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Grrr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 pm

We went to the vet today. The turtle is a girl. She is also a common snapping turtle which means that where I was holding her she could reach my hands with her mouth! She needs a round of antibiotics and then has to be sedated so her shell can be glued back together. The vet said this would take about three weeks. He's only going to charge us $300 but everyone in this hemisphere should still put in some ear plugs when I tell my husband.

Grrr

Return to “General Chat”