evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Alcohol

Postby evcake » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:47 am

Khidir beneath Mo Moteh! I'll have to give Voyager another chance. Very Happy
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:28 am

I, for one, don't drink either. Never had so much as a drop. If people do it in moderation and aren't going to drive, that's fine by me - not that anyone cares what I think. But I like to remember my weekends - and weekdays. Tpoptarts, I think it's awesome that you're standing up for what you want, which is perfectly sensible.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:53 am

enterprikayak wrote:T'Poptarts, I am going to look down from the lofty peak of my many many sage years (um, 27 Wink ) and give you some straight-ass advice.

I have heard you describe yourself many times and it is always with this gripey sort of overweight mindset. You sound really cross at yourself for being bigger than you'd like. I am here to say: you really must go easier on yourself!

What about all your fabulous qualities? I've never even met you, and I know that you are witty and interesting and that you don't follow the crowd and you have your own thoughts and ideas about how the world works, and amazingly, you are not merely parroting what your friends are spewing, in fact, no, you must fight against those freaks around you for your morals and ethics, and you do!

So no more T'Poptarts-bashing please. Vulcan WTF

An assignment for you. Write out three things you like about yourself, and one of them has to be something you LIKE about the way you look. Post it up here when you're done.

Cause you gotta spread the word about your own personal coolness.
You've got enough people giving you crap right now: don't join them! Aaaaaaand....GO!

Is it even worth the trouble. Those people aren't the losers. I am. They're the ones who enjoy being here, make "friends" (loose definition), are looked at as normal. I like being myself. And I can't change who I am and I don't wanna. But the price I pay for it is like way too high. I'm constantly looked at as "deficient" and "anti-social" and "incompetent" and all that dren and I'm not bothered by whatever like "public image" I have, the thing that bothers me is that I'm denied opportunities because of that, people are so judgmental and when someone is different to them it's automatically "wrong".

So like that chick from my room who got wasted. She's a wild party girl, and pretty much just wild on all fronts Confused runs around yelling in the hallways, slamming doors, dumps all her stuff like all over the floor in this small space that's supposed to be shared by 6 people, and of course drinks a lot. She has no care in the world. And now guess what, she's starting to work in the frelling office. Yep the frelling manager gave her the job in the office. When I asked for that job the manager said I couldn't do it because I "can't talk to people", so instead she gave me the non-paying slave-job Rolling Eyes like what the frell ever. Yeah I'm a shy quiet person, but I talk to people just fine, she just doesn't see me talking to people. Because I don't like to hang out downstairs with that crowd of drunkies/junkies/tralks that populates this place. Doesn't mean I can't actually talk to them when its part of a job though, because work isn't hanging out. Duh. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

So like anyway, I'm "deficient". Rolling Eyes Like yeah that chick's more outgoing, but she's irresponsible and like totally behaves like it's her first time without her nanny to watch her (which could actually be true Confused ), plus SHE BARELY EVEN SPEAKS ENGLISH for crying out loud. Rolling Eyes What the frell ever. Not that I really want that job anyway, for the sole reason that I really can't spend 10 hours right scross from the frelling smoking room with my asthma (because for some idiotic reason they insist on keeping the smoking room's door open all the time, and it's facing the ocean so the wind usually blows from the ocean, blows all the smoke inside which renders the smoking room like totally useless Rolling Eyes sometimes I seriously think I'm the only one with a frelling brain around here!!!! Confused )

And just like a few minutes ago that frelling chick came like storming into the room, yelling and waking up Alarm Clock Lady to ask her to borrow her ID, which eventually Alarm Clock Lady let her (reluctantly) Confused dude not only do they not resemble each other at all but the age difference is like totally obvious, I mean that chick is like 18 (looking at like mid-late 20's though, well she's a smoker like the rest of 'em Confused ) and Alarm Clock Lady is like 38 looking 60!!! That's the kinda people the manager trusts with the office Rolling Eyes

And so yeah. What about my fabulous qualities... well do I even have any at all. Like what kinda "qualities" does someone have if they're so different they can't even integrate in the frelling society they're living in. I have no family, no real friends, no one. The only people I can actually talk to who don't hate me (yet Confused ) are a bunch of cool people I've never met and probably never will.
ImageImage

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:12 am

T'Poptarts wrote:And so yeah. What about my fabulous qualities... well do I even have any at all. Like what kinda "qualities" does someone have if they're so different they can't even integrate in the frelling society they're living in. I have no family, no real friends, no one. The only people I can actually talk to who don't hate me (yet Confused ) are a bunch of cool people I've never met and probably never will.

This may be hard to swallow, but I swear on my favorite pocketknife. In five years this will all look differently to you.

Not that it helps right now. I know that much, even if I am a senile old middle aged person. You ever consider joining a church group? Seriously. Many of them have youth groups, and some of them are not real rigid about dogma. I don't know your religion (if any) and don't care. But it sounds like you need to make some solid connections with a few normal human beings for a change.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:55 am

BnB wrote:I swear on my favorite pocketknife. In five years this will all look differently to you

That's absolutely what I was thinking when I read this. Though it doesn't help now, all that stupid judgemental crap really vanishes in most people's early 20's. People go thru all of highschool/college thinking "this is the most important thing" and then you get out into the 'real world' (don't you HATE that phrase?) and highschool/college quickly become distant, quirky memories...as you integrate with all the adults around you...who don't have to borrow fake IDs and whatnot, and thus aren't as enamored with drinking and other stupid juvenile behaviours. (Of course some adults stay perpetually 18 and never remove their heads from their asses...but it's a minority)

It's actually amazing how quickly the terrors and horrors of highschool/college (and I had plenty o' my share) just melt away once it's all over. It really is horrible sometimes when you're in the middle of it, but simply remind yourself every day that you are in the middle of something totally and completely temporary.

Cause every year you live, it all just gets faster and faster and faster....just ask Blackn'Blue....he'll tell ya! He can probably hardly eat his cornflakes in the morning what with the windtunnel of age just blasting past and around, whipping his long white beard into a fierce souffle of silver locks that swish and swirl....and you get the picture. Wink
(Now we're even for the "fried" remark, Blue)

Click here for a great book for situations like this (any situation really).
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:07 am

I'm going to join in on the chorus that thinks you are being too hard on yourself.

*nods*

GOOD for you for NOT drinking and acting the fool.

I've only been on the forums for a short time...yet even I can see you have a good head on your shoulders....in fact before reading this I thought you were older. (At least mid 20's or so)

Hang in there love.

I will get better. In a few years hopefully you can look back on all of this and laugh.
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:26 am

enterprikayak wrote:then you get out into the 'real world'

And you realize that the 'real world' sucks. They never told me anything about having to pay taxes on every damned thing, or how expensive rent would be, or what to do when your crappy car dies and you can't afford to get it fixed. damned lousy teachers. Best years of my life ahead of me indeed.

Of course some adults stay perpetually 18 and never remove their heads from their asses...but it's a minority

Heh. Depends on where you live, I suppose. Cool
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:53 am

Dude I'm not just talking about like underage people here, there's people of all ages the manager I think is like in her 50's, older than my mother that's for sure. She's being like totally judgmental because I'm not one of the crowd. And she's like 50 something. So like yeah she doesn't use a fake ID when she has a glass or two of wine at a restaurant, she doesn't get wasted, but she still looks down on me because I'm not and sure as hell don't wanna be like those people here who just act so irresponsibly. And most of the people here aren't underage anyway, still doesn't make their outlook on alcohol and partying and sex and all that dren any different, and still doesn't make them look at me any differently. There's people in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, whatever. The teacher was like 40 something (I'd say very late 40's, and yet again a smoker who looks way older Confused ). It's not a particular age group it's just the frelling culture in this place. And I just can't fit in in this community because I'm not like them and I don't wanna be like them, and I don't do the peer pressure thing because I think it's like totally dumb, and then I end up being a total loser. Confused

Surprisingly my alcoholic friend (who's like 27 or 28 by the way) is the only one who understands what I'm going through and even admires me for having the strength that he doesn't have, even though it's like really not my strength that makes me stay away from all that stuff and stick to my morals, because I just honestly think that stuff is like totally repulsive and there's no "temptation" or anything to resist, doesn't really take any strength to stay away from repulsive stuff... on the contrary actually Confused Confused Confused

I went to an AA meeting with my friend today. Well we left in the middle because he felt like it was suffocating him, because he's not sober he still drinks all the time. There was that cool lady (9 years sober) speaking she was so inspiring, and also so confident and hilarious it was really a pleasure to listen to her. Mostly anything she said was exactly stuff that my friend has been telling me about his problem etc. He really wanna change but he doesn't believe he can Sad and he's also like really susceptible to peer pressure and what people would say or think about him if he tells them he doesn't wanna drink with them. Because like that's what everybody does and society encourages people to drink alcohol Confused Confused he's like "what's wrong with me that I can't just go out and have a drink like a normal person". So I go like "what's wrong with me that I don't drink like a ""normal"" person". And that dude like Bow Down me he thinks I'm perfect (for some reason Confused Confused ), so he's like "nothing". Just why can't he get to the same conclusion about himself Confused
ImageImage

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:39 pm

and your fabulous qualities are all of the above. resisting peer pressure and casting yourself as the "freak" is hard work, and yet you are doing it when you could just cave and drink and fornicate and steal and kill and...... well you get the picture. And accompanying a friend to aa would be very hard, and it sounds like you are supportive and non-judgemental. I know how frustrating it is to watch people drink and drink and not be able to stop... more than one person in my life has had big troubles with booze.

My dad wakes up and drinks a 1.5L of white wine every single day and it is destroying his life (he's in the middle of losing his job and his house/wife/kids right now) and he STILL can't stop. He barely eats food...he just drinks cheap white wine all day and pretends his life isn't a HUGHE disaster. My sister called him up last week and was all "Come on Dad...when are you going to quit this drinking?" And she said that he replied in this sort of slightly-crazy-person voice: "Today's the day."

Right.

The two things I have learned from my dad are: don't drink magnums of wine in the morning (or any other time) and also, People Will Only Change When They Finally Decide to Do It Their Damn Selves.

Now T'Poptarts dude, what is this place you are living at? it sounds right freaky. How much longer are you there for?
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:42 pm

and your fabulous qualities are all of the above. resisting peer pressure and casting yourself as the "freak" is hard work, and yet you are doing it when you could just cave and drink and fornicate and steal and kill and...... well you get the picture. And accompanying a friend to aa would be very hard, and it sounds like you are supportive and non-judgemental. I know how frustrating it is to watch people drink and drink and not be able to stop... more than one person in my life has had big troubles with booze.

My dad wakes up and drinks a 1.5L of white wine every single day and it is destroying his life (he's in the middle of losing his job and his house/wife/kids right now) and he STILL can't stop. He barely eats food...he just drinks cheap white wine all day and pretends his life isn't a HUGE disaster. My sister called him up last week and was all "Come on Dad...when are you going to quit this drinking?" And she said that he replied in this sort of slightly-crazy-person voice: "Today's the day."

Right.

The two things I have learned from my dad are: don't drink magnums of wine in the morning (or any other time) and also, People Will Only Change When They Finally Decide to Do It Their Damn Selves.

Now T'Poptarts dude, what is this place you are living at? it sounds right freaky. How much longer are you there for?

Has anyone seen T'Poptarts South Trek animation? It's frikking hilarious and she made it herself! I think this screen shot alone will undo most people:
CHEF RIKER! YES!!!!!

Sarek: But you have to. Otherwise what would you do when your Pon Farr shows up?
Spock: What's a Pon Farr?
Sarek: Vulcans don't talk about it.
Spock: (screams) I hate you! I hope you get Bendii's Syndrome and die!

Vulcan, Alberta! I love it! Yay Shauni Ray!

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 pm

T'Poptarts wrote:I went to an AA meeting with my friend today. Well we left in the middle because he felt like it was suffocating him, because he's not sober he still drinks all the time. There was that cool lady (9 years sober) speaking she was so inspiring, and also so confident and hilarious it was really a pleasure to listen to her. Mostly anything she said was exactly stuff that my friend has been telling me about his problem etc. He really wanna change but he doesn't believe he can Sad and he's also like really susceptible to peer pressure and what people would say or think about him if he tells them he doesn't wanna drink with them. Because like that's what everybody does and society encourages people to drink alcohol Confused Confused he's like "what's wrong with me that I can't just go out and have a drink like a normal person". So I go like "what's wrong with me that I don't drink like a ""normal"" person". And that dude like Bow Down me he thinks I'm perfect (for some reason Confused Confused ), so he's like "nothing". Just why can't he get to the same conclusion about himself Confused

You too. Me three.
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:38 am

enterprikayak wrote:Now T'Poptarts dude, what is this place you are living at? it sounds right freaky. How much longer are you there for?

I live in a zoo. Confused Confused And I'll be staying here until I find a better place to go. Assuming I (hopefully) don't get kicked out Confused

enterprikayak wrote:Has anyone seen T'Poptarts South Trek animation? It's frikking hilarious and she made it herself! I think this screen shot alone will undo most people:
CHEF RIKER! YES!!!!!

Sarek: But you have to. Otherwise what would you do when your Pon Farr shows up?
Spock: What's a Pon Farr?
Sarek: Vulcans don't talk about it.
Spock: (screams) I hate you! I hope you get Bendii's Syndrome and die!

Vulcan, Alberta! I love it! Yay Shauni Ray!

Thanks Mr. Green
ImageImage

enterprikayak
Token Canadian
Token Canadian

Postby enterprikayak » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:27 pm

A zoo! Okay, I finally understand.

I thought it was like some kind of insane dorm or something. But a zoo, of course.

So, now, Obnoxious and her Friend sound like some sort of vaguely intelligent urine monkeys or something. Y'know you really shouldn't be so hard on them...urine monkeys have it tough.

And the AlarmClockLady? Angry giraffe? Depressed rhino? I can't really get as clear a read on her. Does she have big keratinized horns on her face? Or squareish spots? Dos she have a long neck? Details like this help.

I hope at least your feral cagemates don't piss where they sleep.

Poor T'Poptarts. Ah, well. If Jane Goodall could do it, I have faith you can too.

And maybe you should find yourself a nice apartment/roommate situation and then get kicked out. I dunno. Living at the zoo's gotta be hard, no matter how good the rent is.

re: above ^^^^^

I just have to reiterate: Chef Riker is so genius on so many levels. First of all, he is fat and white which makes him a good foil for fat, black regular Chef. But ALSO, he was the chef on *the_abomination*. So he IS a chef. Seems obvious, but it took a rare creative genius like T'PopT to bring it to our attention.

(petulantly): Wisht I'd made South Trek. *hmph*

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore

Postby TPoptarts » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:41 am

enterprikayak wrote:I hope at least your feral cagemates don't piss where they sleep.

It all depends on how drunk they are Confused Confused Confused Confused

enterprikayak wrote:(petulantly): Wisht I'd made South Trek. *hmph*

Razz Raspberry
ImageImage

Hondafan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Hondafan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:29 am

Think of alcohal and life in general "everything in moderation" its a simple way to live a complex and rewarding life. No matter what you get into in life if you do anything in excess your gonna face some problems.If drinking and what not are not your thing thats ok if someone is into it big time just encourage moderation. The funny thing is I cook with alcohal more than I drink the stuff... Laughing

Return to “General Chat”